1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akeem Richmond signs with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 25, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

bring back drew, chico, roe for Christ, and all the other insiders.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You don't have be a b****. If you would take a second to read what I said... I clearly std I don't understand... I'm implying can someone help me understand... and Bolstering their farm team is not a reason it's an action. To be clear as possible I have an open ended question "What long term potential can he fulfill"

3. benchmoochie

You stated your opinion of how he is undersized, defensive liability etc. And that is fine you can have your opinion.

Let me speak in non baseball terms. According to what bimathug posted in another thread nba teams can have up to 4 nba affiliate players. I'm assuming this new acquisition is what that is for.

#23 benchmoochie, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  4. benchmoochie

Oh I definitely read what you said. Your original posting was a statement or group of statements and not a question. Maybe you should read what you post before trying to call me out on something.

"I don't understand this.... He is a super small Troy Daniels...Not good at the rim, not a play maker and I'm sure he is a defensive liability.
    "

And why is it necessary to try to decide this person's long term potential on day one of signing him. Maybe Morey wanted to add him to Vipers, give him a shot, and see what he has to offer. Players skillsets change from playing.

That is all.

I'll leave you with this "bring back drew, chico, roe4christ, and all the other insiders"

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How many ECU games did you watch to make this assessment?

6. TheRealAllpro

Ok not trying to be a dick but why would they want on the Vipers. After reading his draft profile, watching highlights and looking at his stats Nothing jumped out except his range and it's hard to be Troy Daniels at sub 6 foot.

7. TheRealAllpro

Until 6 months ago I live in Raleigh which is only about 2ish hours away from ECU so I know Ive seen him play multiple times but the only time I can remember was vs UNC and in that game he was an exceptional shooter but nothing else stood out. Im not saying he can't do anything just I haven't seen it and I cant find any statistical reason or expert evaluation that says otherwise.

8. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

@EricPincus: Houston Rockets waive Earl Clark, Robert Covington, Geron Johnson and Akeem Richmond @BBallInsiders

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How long before he adds an "H". :confused:

10. Sanity2disChaos

Where the hell is th H....???

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

???????????????????????

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

#PURSUIT...of the D League Championship

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I think we need at LEAST 43 3 point shooting pg's. Maybe we can start our own league.

The 3PNBA.

Get er dun Morris !

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We should sign his parents who gave him his name.

15. chandlerbang21

Morey loves undersized players smh

16. Ismail

Ismail Member

Didn't we just sign Geron Johnson? Wonder how much guaranteed money these guys get.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So what's the purpose of all this frantic signing and waiving days before the final roster needs to be set?

Kinda feel bad seeing his IG post/picture when everyone knows he'll be cut soon in all likely hood, but I'm sure he knows what's up.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

This is all for the Vipers, not Rockets.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Ok??....So, all those cuts mean no trade is coming, right?

20. benchmoochie

i don't know. I don't work in the front office. I'm not sure how many different statistics go into this analysis that daryl does. perhaps there was something he saw that he wanted to see if could be translated on to the court