1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Really dude??? Really????

TexasTofu likes this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

How classless and disrespectful.

TexasTofu, Astrodome and basso like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes absolutely.

The current 7 day average for COVID-19 deaths is about 1,600 per day. That is a 911 worth of deaths a day. COVID-19 patients are clogging our ICU's and straining our medical resources. This is an enemy that needs to be taken as seriously as 911.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cov...512j0i512l9.4541j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Following 911 air travel was shut down for a week, the TSA was created that has changed how we travel ever since. Homeland security was created with a raft of new tools and powers for surveillance and security. And of course we fought two wars in the name of 911. If the deaths of 3,000 at the hands of an insidious enemy made that many changes that are still with us today certainly the deaths of thousands of Americans daily should be taken seriously.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

You are so naive. The numbers have been shown multiple times to be manipulated. Moreover, Fauci has been shown that they put money into the gain of function process at Wuhan.

Regardless, the smell factor isn't there. I knew actual people who died that day in the WTC. In this ****? NONE.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's a clip I had not seen before:

ROCKSS, Yung-T, JamesC and 2 others like this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hard-cried when I went to the memorial in 2016. 9/11 and the days and months following are as vivid now as they were in 2001.

B-Bob, ROCKSS, AroundTheWorld and 5 others like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I remember the start of the day pretty clearly. Was watching ESPN and ironing my work clothes when it hit and they cut in and showed the footage. Then I drove to work at Galveston College and it was pretty much all that happened all day and subsumed work. I think they cancelled classes and they had a prayer vigil for anyone who was there.

Generational-impacting ****. Afterwards one of my co-workers who was in his 60s decided that life was too short and retired. There were more people in his age group that retired after that. Similar to how we saw droves of Boomers leave the workforce during Covid.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I couldn’t even watch this video without tearing up.

ROCKSS and JamesC like this.
  10. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

BOOMSHAKALAKA

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This title gives me goose bumps.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What an awful day

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. basso

Supporting Member

I still haven't been able to make myself go.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went to it when they were building the memorial, but haven't been back. It was all quite incredible. I remember the days and weeks afterward just as much as the actual incident. The smell, sky, and just thousands of pictures of the people that were missing were all very impactful

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  15. basso

Supporting Member

went down a rabbit hole thread on X today of album covers w/ the twin towers in them.

will never look at this one in the same way.

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It's a good album though.

basso likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the pile at the end of Sept 2001 at about 2am. It was raining and I will never forget that giant smoking pile of debris that made earthmovers look like toy trucks. I remember there was still a strong smell.

The eeriest thing about it was that even though I was standing hundreds of feet from it i was standing infront of a storefront window. The window hadn’t shattered but inside the storefront was a lot of dust. Somehow the explosion from the collapse had forced dust through the seams of the window.

#277 rocketsjudoka, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I dont think I will ever forget where I was and the sick feeling I had for weeks; I was at the UPRR corporate headquarters in Omaha Ne and they had (since built a new building) small tv`s in the hallways and I walked by and everyone was standing around horrified and we literally stood there most of the day just sick. A few days later Bush flew to Omaha to get updates from SAC and that was surreal

Still get tears to this day, I haven't been to the Memorial in NY but I need to go