1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

TexasTofu and JuanValdez like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just re-reading this account of the event. damn.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

[​IMG]

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Reading through this thread gives me the same feels I had watching this live on tv. It’s bone chilling and beyond tragic.

I have a good friend that lost her husband during the attack of the towers. She has never been the same and probably never will be. She has a daughter who was 1 at the time, so she never got to know her father. I feel so deeply for them and the many that lost loved ones.

Never forget...

B-Bob, boomboom and buffalobills!!! like this.
  5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. basso

Supporting Member

i'd forgotten you went to school at Juilliard. we lived on 72nd, so were just a few blocks apart that day.

7. basso

Supporting Member

i had not seen this thread until now; just an incredible story V.

8. basso

Supporting Member

i still remember the feeling of the day after, everyone walking around in a daze. we walked through the park, and found a man who identified himself as a muslim, incredibly distraught at the "animals (his words) who did this" and how afraid he was for what it meant for all of us. i didn't have any words of comfort to share with him.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Derp indeed.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I could have sworn there was another thread.
    Rocket rich ny perhaps somethimg like that?

Like the sands of time some things become a fading memory. other things from that day and time are like it was happening right now. pretty wild.

I thought for sure there would have been some other attacks since then.

I suppose the boston bombers and some others else im not thinking of that may have been busted. ....but I remember coming out of 9/11 thinking it would be the new norm. Attacks all the time. Sleeper cells waiting to activate armies of suicide bombers. We were sold on the idea there were at least 200 or so ready to go at any given time.

Nice to know it hasnt been the case and besides jack offs like the las vegas shooter it hasnt been as unsafe overall as i would have thought now almost 20 years later.

9/11 was the ultimate act of stupidity and attention. How desperate these guys were for fame to me its the same lost dynamic you get from an attention w**** like lee harvey oswald.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Wow! Crazy. And crazy how long we've been members of this board.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That must be one of the dumbest posts ever seen on this board, and his others in the thread weren't really better.

Wow.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Emotions were running very high. Not trying to excuse it at all, but it was surreal.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think you are right, it just looks even more surreal in retrospect.

Sad day for sure, still remember being messaged by a friend and then spending all day in front of the news, next day us kids and the teacher talked about it in school instead of having the first two morning lessons.

15. basso

Supporting Member

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

The BBS was also active the day some guy in Galilee was turning water into wine. Read that one. Many non believers. Others asking for beer. Imagine what you would have posted on that day.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So much evil. It created an excuse for people to commit even more evil for profit.

At some point one of the civilians killed in the Middle East could potentially produce a child or other family member to commit another act like this one for revenge. And it will all come full circle.

Jontro likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

I always though it would be easy to hide. For example, if you had to walk away from the mob, my thought was no problem. Just pick up and go. But they tracked his ass down and he wasn't even visible for nearly 10 years. Literally living behind walls and brush. Figured we had given up. But someone was still on his ass every day, and like in the movie battleship, and like the famous line from the art of war, find the enemy where they are not. And we did. Dug his ass out, put a bullet in his head, and then buried his ass in the depths. Nobody can hide from what they've done.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

20 years later...wow. Reading through this thread is like living it live again

#219 RKREBORN, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It's crazy to me how many young adults have no memory of 9/11 or weren't even born yet. Time flies.