1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Air Bull and the Ingrown Toe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sonny, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

So I just got through getting my left ingrown big toe fixed for about the third time in the last three yrs (if you have never had one you don't know the pain you are missing, thank you basketball). I was kinda shell shocked from the pain shots and what not and I hobble out of the inside of the (pediatrist) doctor's office into the waiting room and who do I see? Air Bull!

Me : "Hey Mr. Bullard"

Then I stumble around trying to put my magazine up, 10 seconds later I speak again, realizing who I just saw. Matt Bullard was sitting there with his son (I think) and there was one other person in the waiting room.

Me : "Mind if I shake your hand Mr. Bullard?"

He smiled and shook my hand. Then I got stupid...

Me : "Are you still with the Hawks?"

Mr. Bullard : "No, I am with the Hornets"

Me : "Oh Yeah, well I still wish you were on the Rockets, we need a good guy like you. Take Care."

I was still reeling from my Hawks comment, so I figured I would go ahead and get out of there, I didn't want to bug they guy. I wondered if he had ever heard the "Air Bull" song or if he had visited CC.Net - but I didn't ask him, I bet he gets bugged enough wherever he goes in Houston. So I let him be.

I noticed his hair was thinning out a bit and he sure was tall. Right when I came out of the inside of the doctor's office he was standing up and then set down, that dude's head was almost hitting the ceiling! :D

Very Nice Guy. It really brightened my day and took my mind off of my toe hurting. I didn't get any pictures, that was the first thing I thought of though when I left the office, I should get a second digital camera for my car... I can post a pic of my toe though? :)

edit : doctor's office is up in The Woodlands on Medical Plaza Drive by the Woodlands Mall.

#1 Sonny, Aug 15, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2002
  2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Ouch, man! I can't believe you said Hawks....

He hasn't been with the Hawks in years!

Still, good job! Takes alot to talk to a celebrity.

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I don't wanna start a new thread for this but I hooped with Kenny Smith yesterday. The guy's still got it.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

NO! [​IMG]

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Matt was a childhood friend of mine, we both grew up in Des Moines Iowa until I left in the 3rd grade. He lived one street over and we used to play marbles all the time.

I ran into him when we were both in Houston and had a good laugh about it.

He is a very genuine and nice guy.

DD

6. Sonny

Did you take him to school like Justin Timberlake? :)

7. Sonny

Yeah, I was glad I actually said a team that he had played for. Remember I was all jacked up on pain shots too though, so I have an excuse? :p

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who cares man, you met a guy that helped the Rockets win a championship. That's worth seven toes.