1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ahmad Khan Rahami: US blasts suspect a 'very friendly guy'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yup.

It is just an unbelievable coincidence that he traveled frequently to Afghanistan and Pakistan, built pressure cooker bombs like the Marathon bombers used (and commonly taught by Islamic extremists) and happened to Muslim.

All just a coincidence... Nothing to see here... Let's move on.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

fchowd, you should calm down.

Where exactly do you take it from that I agree with everything Honey Bear says? :confused:

Where would I have supported a narrative where your parents are assumed as terrorists? This is absurd.

Just because I don't argue with Honey Bear all the time doesn't mean that I agree with everything he posts.

I may assume that you don't agree with this either (I haven't seen you denounce it)?

3. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

And his first line of defense was to use the Islamaphobia card in a lawsuit against the city - allegations deemed false by neighbors . . . and the court of law.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The wife of bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami left the US a few days before the NY, NJ bombings, an official says. <a href="https://t.co/kOXKSI3JZm">https://t.co/kOXKSI3JZm</a></p>&mdash; CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) <a href="https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/778204804455796736">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Whats the difference between him and some other guy who shoots up some people cause he is pissed off?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad you are finally beginning to see the truth about ATW.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I didn't make an argument -- I stated a fact. I was raised by a peaceful muslim male. He is a great dad.

Your reading comprehension is not so good. The harassment lawsuit against the police was dismissed -- it said nothing as to the accusations of the neighbor who allegedly made anti-muslim comments. Nice try.

As to the subject of this thread -- pretty clear to me he was a terrorist likely radicalized during his trips abroad. Circumstantial evidence around him certainly points to that. I would hope people would not be naive enough to think he did it because of police harassment.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You are afraid of so many people, p***y cat.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This guy's own father told the FBI that his son is an extremist. I'm sorry but some of the blame has to be on our law enforcement for not watching this guy closer.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/2...&pgtype=Homepage&region=top-news&_r=0&referer

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Agreed 100%. I doubt that is an easy call to make.

EDIT: It was following a domestic dispute. Regardless, this guy has been making trips to Pakistan/Afghanistan yet was not on a terror watch list. Has a history of violence and his own father told authorities that he is a terrorist.

#51 BleedRocketsRed, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude... your sole topic that you discuss about on this rockets message board is Islam. That's just odd and usually an indication of some psychopathic obsession.

If you want to stop being perceived as a psychopath, diversify your interests and stop defending deplorables like Honey Bear.

"Just because I don't always argue with Honey Bear".... you never argue with him. You never disagreed with him.

At a certain point, one has to suspect some psychopathic tendencies for someone so dedicated to one issue that specifically centers around disparaging a group of people. It certainly raises red flags amongst the rational thinking.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Whatever plays into your victimhood mentality.

14. fchowd0311

Just diversify your interests dude. When 60% of your 40 thousand posts on a basketball message board is about Islam/Muslims and their wicked ways, any rational person is going to assume psychopathic tendencies.

Hypothetically, if some crazy son of a b**** started shooting up a mosque, and had your exact same post history, the FBI would read through the post history and be like "Well, it makes sense now. This guy was obsessed."

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The FBI would actually conclude that I am on the side of freedom, and of the law. And your math is badly off. I have always been respectful to you, but it is pretty obvious that you have anger issues and that you get overly defensive/aggressive when it comes to you relating what your rationality tells you about the dangers of Islam to your own personal family situation.

That part is understandable - everyone is protective of their families.

You realize that Islam brainwashes people, but if you feel (incorrectly, in my case - I never said or implied anything about your family) that someone implies that your own family might also be affected by that, you go into a fit of rage and lash out.

You never got the "us vs. them" mentality that Islam brainwashes people with fully out of your system. Your rational side realizes the dangers of Islam, but when you relate criticism of Islam to your own family, you become irrational and angry.

Also, it is ridiculous to attribute everything Honey Bear or anyone else says about Islam to me, just because I don't constantly disagree. There are enough people who call that out. I have had posters here call my father and grandfather Nazis, imply that just because I am critical of Islam, I would go on a mass murder spree of Muslims, etc. etc. etc. I haven't seen you denounce any of that, yet, I don't assume (like you seem to do) that you agree with all of that.

I am on record as saying that I think Trump's statements about Muslims are wrong and dangerous, and that I vehemently disagree with his stance. As I have always said, you have to differentiate between criticizing the ideology and stirring hate against people. One can be highly critical of the ideology, but still be respectful of people as individuals. That is my stance.

#55 AroundTheWorld, Sep 21, 2016
  16. fchowd0311

Please elaborate on how I have been raised:rolleyes: My moral principles have been shaped more from the 12 years of public schooling from kindergarten and up. I doubt I picked up an 'ideology' as a child from reciting gibberish I didn't understand. I don't even recall my parents ever deriving a moral lesson from Islam.

Of course you would think you were on the side of freedom, but my hypothetical was about an individual who already committed a violent act on a mosque that shares your post history. My conclusions was that an FBI investigation rummaging your BBS post history would lead to a "well, that make sense, this man is obsessed with Islam" moment.

I actually agree with Sweet Lou that someone with your breadth of post history on one topic on a message board that has nothing to do with that topic has a psychopathic aura to it which I'm quite confident is what he is implying only more bluntly.

And btw, if there is anything to ever be offended about is making **** assumptions that my parents instilled morally reprehensible ideas such a an 'us vs them' mentality to my brain.

#56 fchowd0311, Sep 21, 2016
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your hypothetical case will never happen, and is insulting. That's like me making up a hypothetical case "if fchowd ever goes on a killing spree and someone analyzes his posting history, they will conclude [whatever]".

Once again, you are relating things to your parents, and becoming irrational. When I spoke of an "us vs. them" mentality, I was thinking of what is demonstrably being taught in many mosques, not of your parents.

I know nothing about your parents, I'm sure they are great people - after all, they have apparently at the very least raised you in a way that ultimately allowed you to reflect and think freely. That's more than can be said of many.

18. fchowd0311

What would the conclude? "Amazing, a man that holds zero animosity towards any ethnic or religious group of people who has constantly defended using individual merit goes on a targeted killing spree. This makes no damn sense!".

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Duplicity.

20. fchowd0311

If I was taught an 'us vs them' mentality through Islam as a child, it would be through my parent's understanding of Islam, thus it would be my parents instilling an 'us vs them' mentality.