1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AGW: The Fiddling with Temperature Data is the Biggest Science Scandal Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The scientists supporting the government funded AGW alarmism movement have been caught cooking the books, yet again:

Apparently the temperature data in South America, Canada and Siberia regions have been methodically adjusted by the scientists supporting the AGW alarmism movement. Of course those adjustments have all gone in the same direction, which is upwards. This seriously undermines the legitimacy of this data as a basis for claims in recent years that the Earth has been warmer than it has seemed to many people looking on from the outside.

This is a true rejection of science at its worst. If these people were trustworthy, then why would they not be able to simply use the accurate data and let the results be what they may? Obviously, because that would not support their alarmist agenda.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Climategate 2: Electric Bugaloo

Good ol Telegraph breaking news that silently gets redacted months later when they're proven to be wrong.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Are you promiscuous or faithful? Measure your index finger to find out
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11391322/Are-you-promiscuous-or-faithful-Measure-your-index-finger-to-find-out.html

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your article was already debunked: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qRFz8merXEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Next

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

B.S.

You people are truly unbelievable.

6. fchowd0311

Here is an idea... Watch the video, and break down each assertion made in the video and explain why you find this video truly "unbelievable". Otherwise, I'm just going to assume that you are incapable of doing so.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Assume what you like. I do not take instructions from you. The video is a pathetic attempt to excuse yet another episode of cooking the books by the government funded scientists supporting the AGW alarmism movement.

Is it part of science to cook the books and fake the data to make it fit into the patterns that fit your agenda? Obviously it is not.

8. fchowd0311

It's really not about me. You made a thread to convince your assertions to those who have a differing opinion than yours. NO ONE that you are targeting here is going to take you seriously until you break down the video and explain why it's not credible and accurate.

Of course, I'm assuming this thread wasn't intended to be an echo chamber/circle jerk thread. If that's your intention, then by all means ignore my counter-evidence and continue on your merry way and I will not continue posting on this thread again as it will be pointless.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

{Yawn}

1 person likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't just tease us. What were your results?

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you expect us to just accept what you put forward at face value and become petulant when someone challenges your evidence.

I'm willing to hear the evidence that scientists are cooking the books but the counter evidence is also compelling. You don't seem willing to engage that evidence other than to fall back on your original assertion. Just restating your original point isn't a counter argument neither is yawning about it.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Congrats Mojo - you're in!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Indeed, nothing to see in this thread.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The scandal covers not only South America, but weather data from stations across Canada and Siberia also.

Of course the AGW propagandists consistently deny EVERYTHING that is not consistent with their politically contrived agenda, as we have already seen illustrated here in this thread.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes a scandal that no legitimate new source in the world is picking up outside of the blogs and outlets owned by the most right wing of right wingers.

This poop campaign of yours is sad and pathetic. You are spreading ignorance at the expense of the future. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

Disgusting.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This thread is an interesting little case-study of cognitive dissonance for me. I see the headline, which would be a bit of a shocker. I see the OP, and I know his predilections. I do a quick google news search to see if anyone else is talking about it, and no one is. And I quickly conclude that (until perhaps it blows up into a big story if it ever does) this is bs much ado about nothing. Probably there's a very sensible explanation for why scientists have done whatever's they've done and someone had decided to misconstrue it and assign malicious intent. Or, maybe its a disagreement in the scientific community over methods that someone thought they should fight out in mainstream newspapers. In any case, don't see why it should concern me.

Now, it could be cognitive dissonance at work here, and I'm applying a confirmation bias of discounting information that contradicts my beliefs. Or, maybe this is Mojo's confirmation bias, grabbing onto whatever story confirms his preferred narrative that climate change doesn't exist and refusing to discuss whatever counter-evidence there was (which I didn't bother to watch myself either). Maybe I just saved myself a whole bunch of time by ignoring contradictory information because of my unvetted suspicion that it's bs -- which I then wasted by talking about why I did it.

1 person likes this.
  17. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

The entire AGW global warming movement is built on lies, fudged data, intimidation and mockery of non-supporters, suppression of dissent, and political pressure. At this point, with so many admissions of deceit, how can anyone suggest that this movement stands on its own scientific merits? This is the opposite of science. Science should be independent of political and financial motivations -- free to let the clean (not corrupted) data guide us to informed conclusions. What we have here is manipulated data, propaganda, and political pressure driving conclusions, and telling the rest of us what to think. Nevermind that their forecasting models have been wrong. Nevermind that the costs of their recommendations far outweigh any benefits. This has morphed into a bad religion. How many data points and years of contradictory evidence will it take to reverse coursed on this failed initiative? It's long overdue. Hundreds of millions of people live in energy poverty and we are depriving them of access to electricity because of shameful political power grabs and embarrassingly wrong and corrupt scientific studies. Shame.

1 person likes this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

or, you could be wrong in your opinion about the scientific evidence and the vast conspiracy it would take to promote what your saying.

You might even be have a paranoid personality disorder. You wouldn't even it know without an outside observer's scientific opinion.
    You'd be just living along just thinking there is vast conspiracy to deprive poor people of electricity when all along, you were really just nuts.

#18 Dubious, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Christopher Booker at it again.

He also believes that abestos is safe, cigarettes are hunky dory and evolution is a sham.

Hey I guess he doesn't believe in reptilian overlords so he isn't THAT bad.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the video debunks your claim, and you maintain that the video is wrong but are unwilling to state any way, shape, form, or evidence to back your claim.

That doesn't look good for your side of the argument.