1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Aggie Corps starting fights again??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Free Agent, Oct 30, 2002.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Refman, even your fellow Redasses think he is wrong. I hope the corp guy who popped the NU fan in the back[/] of the head isn't a general in my army. At least he didn't draw his sabre, well, I don't think he did. Nutcases.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Tell you what...if I tell you not to walk on my front yard and you do it anyway...you're subject to being forced to kiss the ground. Same thing happened here.

3. gr8-1

It's not the corps' yard. Your own fans didn't leave the Tech stadium after you got your asses handed to you. It's a field just like any other field, kyle field is property of atm. atm hires policemen to keep threatening fans off the field, not the corp.

If you are gonna take a swing at the guy, please be man enough to not hit him from behind.

4. Refman

It just seems to me that fans from various schools know what happens...they hear the admonitions on the PA to stay off the field and they just want to test it anyway. Then they always end up whining about it later.

If you're going to test somebody...be man enough not to whine about it once you get your ass kicked. See...it works both ways.

5. Elvis Costello

Here's something A&M can do to prevent all of this ugliness: stop blowing leads in the 4th quarter at sacred Kyle Field. Maybe some of the future generals in the corps can play cornerback, or something.

6. gr8-1

Do other fans attack fans who storm the field, if NU fans DID storm the field.

And, I wouldn't call that a butt kicking. Hell, if I was a pissed off corp guy, I'd go after the Vtech player who shoveled a piece of the endzone in a glad bag. Why didn't he go after the VT player? I guess a "future general" knows whom to pick his fights with.

What was he defending his yard from? Was the NU fan gonna crap on the field? If he's pissed about someone crapping on the field, I suggest he go after a member of the atm football team. They did that when they blew a 17 point lead at home, again.

There's more where this came from. Ref, you seem like a level headed person and I believe you are a lawyer, no? Throwing a punch (to the back of the head) is assault, right? Especially when unprovoked?

#26 gr8-1, Oct 30, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  7. Refman

Actually...it's a battery. But you've got the idea. :)

8. t4651965

t4651965 Member

Refman, you should be embarassed for defending a crime.

9. Major

Major Member

It just seems to me that fans from various schools know what happens...they hear the admonitions on the PA to stay off the field and they just want to test it anyway. Then they always end up whining about it later.

I like this philosophy. Forget about right and wrong. If we make innane decisions and policies, you shouldn't care because we told you about it beforehand.

Perhaps they should start shooting opposing fans.... and then when the opposing fans get shot, say its OK because they should have known.

Never mind the fact that what the corps members did was illegal.

10. swt939

swt939 Member

i would just like to say...

A&M SUCKS.

thank you

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'd always been under the impression that even most Aggies dislike the Corp.

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

If people aren't allowed to run all over the field, someone should have told the wrecking crew, cause they didn't get the memo. . .

hey, look at it this way, it was a sucker punch, from behind, by someone not authorized to defend anything, from a member of the most visible group on campus, on a jubilant Nebraska fan who was probably going to jump around for a few seconds until he realized that his mediocre team beat your mediocre team; BUT at least no women were hit this time, or no people were beat with baseball bats for walking across the band's practice field. . . .

13. Refman

Really? Did you ever take a drink before you were 21? If so then you need to learn something about consistency...because that's a crime too.

14. Refman

I'd just like to say...

YOU'RE A MORON.

Thank you.

15. tozai

tozai Member

Nice...

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Oh look, Southwest Texas decided to show up. Great.

Do they even have a football team? Go back to partying.

17. gr8-1

Yes. But , I never hit anyone in the back of the head for congratulating their team. Heck, why didn't the NU fan's rip down the goalpost? They beat the wrecking crew for god's sake; they almost scored as many point s as Tech at Kyle Field.

18. gr8-1

Suprisingly, your AD actually scheduled SWT (a team that is under .500 in Div 1-aa). What, was ULL not available?

19. Refman

I don't give a flying tinker's damn what people do at THEIR home stadium, but I take umbrage when people do this at another school. I would certainly NEVER have done this even when I was 19 and full of aggression. If I had...I would have taken what I had coming to me and wouldn't have cried about it later.

BTW...I DON'T agree with jumping somebody from behind...but would it be different to you had the Cadet hit this guy in the face?

20. gr8-1

That hasn't been confirmed.

But, we do know that the "generals" never touched the VT player who dug up the dirt in the atm endzone. I guess their sabres weren't sharpened or they couldn't get a clean hit on said VT player.

Has one of the "generals" had the integrity to confess to the crime? No? Why not?