1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he's not leaving the east

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said. Losing in 6 games to the Blazers in the first round of plays definitely doesn't help the rockets free agency recruiting.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz on you, he's in the HoF.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Did he finally get in? HAHAHA oops.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, they'll just let anyone in the Football HOF.

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

You lose in the first round the previous year....you get Howard and lose again in the first round, not good

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly, that is the bottom line.

8. haydenfisher342

Miami lost with the big 3 first year. if we play off that.

1. Join James and Howard. Wont win finals this year, but will the next
    2. Hope Jackson gets what he says he will. Lose this year, hope that he builds correctly.

either way, CA will not win a championship next year, though I will say its pretty much ripe for the taking if his choice is Houston. Joining James and Howard guarantee shot at the ring. Waiting for Phil with rookie coach, thats risky. Your 30 Anthony. Time is now

9. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

I'd say Houston would win in year 1.

The possible Houston big 3 is much better than the Miami big 3, not only in talent, but also in fit. The big 3 of Miami was a misfit. Lebron is much better offensively when Wade is on the bench. Not to mention this Houston big 3 provides elite post defense (Howard), elite rebounding (Howard), a big man finisher around the rim (Howard), good 3 point shooting (Harden), overall fast break ability, in addition to all of the stuff Lebron provides (which is pretty much everything). It is well balanced and covers all of the areas of the game, which is what you want and need when you have 3 players take up so much of the cap room.

Compare this to the Miami big 3 which took up so much cap room yet provided ZERO post defense and no rebounding. The Miami big 3 was basically all of Lebron's abilities, Bosh's midrange game, Wade's slashing ability, overall fast break ability. It was big on name, but poor on fit and had some overrated talent on top of that.

Throw in Parsons, who is much better than any non-big 3 Miami player in that era and this is why I believe Houston will win in year 1.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. Hahahaha.

11. TheresTheDagger

I keep seeing Sports Center saying the Rockets had a meeting with Lebron's agent while Amick and Woj seem to be saying otherwise.

I know ESPN is NOT reliable, but I find it weird they haven't changed their stance that Houston did meet with Lebron's agent.

Did I miss something somewhere or is this just more Broussard/ESPN crap?

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

For the record, if LeBron does in fact start to give teams a sit down meeting, I would be BEYOND shocked if we don't end up setting one up with him.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Outraged?

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Only outraged if he ends up on Dallas or something.

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

What's funny?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Appalled, then? Stunned? I'm trying to figure out what lies beyond shocking.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lakers did have their meeting in Cleveland today with LeBron James's agent, Rich Paul, per source familiar with the discussions.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/485155036398227458">July 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Amused?

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would consider it an insult if he has a sit down with several teams except the rockets, the only team that offers Howard, harden, parsons, Beverley and of course Daryl morey.

20. fluors

fluors Member

(In this fluid free agency, Cleveland's situation could be totally different as I post this)
    Cavs can offer LeBron a max contract (as well as Phoenix) but doing so would cost them dearly. For example, they have to renounce their right of first refusal to Free Agents Luol Deng ($19M cap hold), Spencer Hawes ($10M cap hold), and C.J. Miles ($3M cap hold). Luol wants out and Cleveland wants him out; Miles signed with the Pacers a couple days ago; but Hawes wants to stay in Cleveland. Even with Deng, Miles and Hawes gone, they would still need to release or trade Anderson Varejao (they do not want to do this). See the following: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2...cult-for-the-cavs-to-have-max-contract-space/. Remember, the Kyrie Irving contract extension doesn't kick in until 2015. Weird things are happening in Cleveland. They met with LeBron's agent and with Utah SG, Gordon Hayward (RFA) but as far as I know haven't extended an offer sheet yet. The Cavs appear to keeping their options open, like everyone else, until LeBron makes a decision. Hayward is likely to command $15M/yr (he's a good playmaker, but if $15M/yr really is the current market value for 16PPG/5APG/5RPG, then Chandler Parsons will be a rich man soon). Of course Utah says they will match any offer for Hayward. If LeBron chooses Cleveland, they can't afford Hayward; if they offer Hayward, that means that they've given up on LeBron.