1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

If you mean easiest road to finals with little chance to win (a la Chicago), then I agree with you.

If you mean easiest road to a championship, then it doesn't even make sense. To say he wants to go somewhere that clearly has a more difficult path to a championship just to *try* to prove something is pretty dumb, IMHO.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

News from the standpoint of those media members who said they'll just all opt in and roll over a year.

The real news is what Wade (and maybe Bosh) does.

Otherwise, meh. Still likely he stays put.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Now Riley will have to out duel Morey. It's between the Heat, the Cavs (depending who they draft) & the Rockets.

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Pretty much Heat need Wade and Bosh to opt out and take significantly smaller deals. Should be interesting to see how business mixes with "friendship".

Opting out makes sense for Lebron no matter where he goes. He gets to re-up on guaranteed money at a high price on another team, or also takes reduced amount to stay in Miami.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is a right move for LBJ because :

1. Whether he will stay or leave, he will get a max contract for the next 4-5 years, as great as he is playing now, no one can guarantee what will happen two years from now, so this is a good financial decision for him and his family.

2. If he will stay, this decision will give lots of pressure to the Heat to make some moves, and keep in mind this decision was made before the draft, that means he expect the Heat will have enough time to take all the actions they want to take.

3. If he prefer to leave, this decision also came in the right time. Since most of the premium teams (searching for good players and have cap space) like the Bulls / Rockets / GS are already targeting Love and Melo. Now LBJ will be instantly became everyone's top target.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's hope those rumors about him liking Harden is true.

I still think he stays though... But if he goes where else could he go to win but here?

7. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

1 person likes this.
  8. solodolo

solodolo Member

Damn I know its a long shot but were already the most hated team . Lebron would put it on top

Pat Bev- " dirty player "
    James harden - " lazy flopper & no defense "
    Dwight Howard - " cry baby , left Lakers because he was scared "
    Chandler Parsons - they are gonna call him " overrated " when he gets paid
    Lebron - " quitter "

Me - [​IMG]

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

At the end of the day , lebron's wife and kids will have a huge impact on lebron's decision. Someone needs to research the wife and kids happiness in south beach.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This...infact that would effectively give us a glimpse into the current relationship of the Miami Big Three...I truly believe that Wade is satisfied with how his career has turned out...so is Bosh. Lebron is the only one that is seeking to be an all time great...Therefore if Wade opts in, he just wants the money...and the Heat just wont be able to "retool" like Riley wants...

11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. All the media people, even WOJ, said the most likely outcome was that he opted in for one more year to see what Riley could do.

So now that they were all (with a few exceptions) wrong about that, let that be a lesson to clutchfans. When they are offering you up their opinions on favorites, etc., they know nothing Jon Snow.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I don't buy it at all that he will go back to Cleveland.

1. They just hired a Euro league coach using a Princeton offense. I hardly believe LBJ will buy in to that.

2. That organization is still a mess.

3. He wants to chase more rings, and income - staying in a big market or with a premium team will be a no brainer.

My guess :

1. Heat - 70%
    2. Bulls - 15%
    3. Rockets - 10%
    4. GS/Lakers - 5%

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Agree..and Wade hinted earlier before the Finals to not be upset with Lebron leaving if Wade decided to opt in...so Wade is likely opting in and Lebron leaving.

15. Puss In Booty

Puss In Booty Member

Welcome back to Cleveland, LeBron.

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

So I guess the national media have been basically totally wrong on this when they basically all felt he'd opt-in?

Again, people. Trust logic. Is it logical for LeBron to opt-in? Or not? Is it logical for him to look at the Rockets? Or not. In the past there have been many cases where it was illogical for Bosh or Melo or Dwight to given a glance at us. But now? I would say logic indicate the opposite. I would expect solid argument from Morey and the rest of our contingent to LeBron. He may not come here, but we have a solid case, regardless of what the national media tells people.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are too late.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source says there is &quot;no news yet to report&quot; re: Wade and Bosh opting out. Bosh probably will. Wade, due $41.5 M next 2 years, is the issue.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/481448621431222273">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Today's ultimate message from LeBron: Either Wade and Bosh opt out, work with him ... or LeBron is gone. Feet most definitely to the fire.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/statuses/481448596630683648">June 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member