1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent Dan Fegan killed in car accident

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2018.

1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

RIP

Life is tough. Although death is inevitable for us all, it sucks each time a tragedy happens to anyone. We should all be grateful for every moment we have with our friends and family.

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wow, as much as I didn't like him for the way he leaked news and ran his agency, I never would've expected or wish this upon him. RIP and prayers for him and his family

AroundTheWorld, Deckard and J.R. like this.
  3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I get that a lot, half of the people I know think i'm crazy, the other half think i'm a comedic genius.

4. MD_in_Training

Man that's sad... really shows you how fleeting life is.

5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Damn that's sad. RIP

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

At least Parsons knows that his contracts are from manipulated shenanigans and not inborn talent. :cool:

I was shocked to hear this news. Very sad, and I hope "the woman" and his young son make it through.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I appreciate this thread. Dan was a great man and an even better father. This one hurts.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Awful, awful news, RIP. Any update on his passengers?

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Never wish death upon anyone or their family but I gotta say theres a little karma that barks both ways....

On another note, its crazy to think just a few years ago, he was one of the top agents with A type players. I just saw his client list and I dont think he had any player that made over 10mil.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-killed-colorado-crash-5-year-old-son-injured

Colorado authorities said longtime NBA agent Dan Fegan died in a car crash Sunday. He was 56.

The Colorado State Patrol said Fegan was driving an SUV when he tried to merge onto a highway and was broadsided by a commuter bus near Aspen, which is about 180 miles west of Denver.

Colorado state trooper Gabe Easton told the Aspen Times the SUV's other occupants, Fegan's 5-year-old son and a 29-year-old California woman, were airlifted to a Denver hospital in serious condition.

No one on the bus was hurt. The CEO of Roaring Fork Transportation Authority said the driver didn't have time to avoid the collision.

Fegan's family released a statement through a spokesman, Terry Fahn, of Sitrick and Company.

"Today we lost a great man, father, son and brother who always stood up not only for his clients, but also for what he knew was right," the statement said. "We are all shocked and saddened by this tragic development and appreciate the outpouring of support. We ask for privacy at this difficult time."

[...]

"I knew Dan as a friend and a neighbor long before we developed a team executive-player agent relationship," Trail Blazers president of basketball operations Neil Olshey said. "The NBA players he represented have lost a tireless advocate for their interests and well being while NBA teams will miss having a highly intelligent, professional representative to partner with in the management and development of his clients on their rosters."

The Mavericks' Mark Cuban said Fegan held a special place in the timeline of his life as an NBA owner.

"Dan was the first agent who realized I was serious about basketball, winning and learning as much as I could about the game," Cuban said.

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge recalled how passionate Fegan was about seeking the best care for his brother after he was diagnosed with cancer.

"I just remember Dan very emotionally talking to me about getting whatever help we could provide his family in getting his brother into Mass General (Hospital) as quickly as possible for treatment," Ainge said. "He cared so deeply about helping his brother."​

11. buffalobills!!!

karma smarma...

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Rip.

Hope his son and the other passenger pull through and recover.

D-rock, AroundTheWorld, MONON and 2 others like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thoughts and prayers go to him his family and friends

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wasn't cyberx related to fegan professionally?

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

That's crazy. R.I.P.

Not to derail, but I thought at the time of Dwight's signing many considered him a snake and thought he wasn't well liked at all. Was that just because he tried to get most for his clients, which some fans thought was too much?

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

He was a super aggressive agent which is fine and its their job.

However if my memory serves me right, he tended to favor certain teams like the Mavericks. Him and Cuban were buddies. To me this was highly unethical.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This is disgusting. Karma....?

So karma is getting killed on the highway with your 5 year old child in the backseat and another passenger on-board?... what because he tried to screw over your favorite basketball team? :rolleyes:

Get a grip, this is a life lost (quite possibly lives) not a basketball game.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

RIP Dan. Praying for the little one and lady to pull through. Crazy crazy circumstances :(

Houstunna and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Unbelievable how fast things can happen.