1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After more than 2 months into season, predict Astros final record.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Clutch City1993, Jun 4, 2013.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually, flip that, they are 15-14.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Most notably, the starting pitching has been greatly improved. Bedard has regained his form. I think that this team will be interesting to follow come 2015. Until then, I think they will be pretty mediocre.

That said, I am not sure when I will be able to follow them with any regularity. It sure was nice to be able to watch the game last night though.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm still interested right now. Last night's game was a lot of fun. It's fun to see the improvement. I expect we're going to see Singleton, Cosart and perhaps even Springer later this season...which I find interesting.

4. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I can't wait until Springer, Singleton, Cosart etc. get called up, that will greatly improve the watchability of this team. I can tolerate watching a losing team if we're building toward something and the guys playing are players we expect to still be around when the team is competing for a playoff spot.

5. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I am also curious about Wallace's last stand. I feel like Singleton going to AAA will require some move, and Wallace has done what he needs to do in OKC:
    [​IMG]

I know he sucked at the beginning of the season, but we need to figure out what the heck to do with this guy if anything. Pena would most likely have to be moved to see something occur... and I just don't see Wallace getting OF time.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Their problem is that it is hard fitting Carter, Pena and Wallace on the same team as their best positions are DH and 1B. Carter is out of options so they won't be sending him down, which leaves moving Pena as the most viable option unless they send down Paredes and play Carter more in the outfield. That being said, I assume they are waiting to do something with Paredes or Crowe when Maxwell is ready.

7. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Good call. Crowe's time has to be limited after the outfield errors and poor performances at the plate. We may be bad, but you need to stay above the Mendoza line at the least.

8. conquistador#11

i'll take anything that's not 100 loses or more. shoot, i'll take 99 losses just not 100!

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

68-94...about .450 ball the rest of the way. I think they have been pretty fun to watch since May 15 (I watch on vip)

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Looks like my prediction of 56 wins was on the high side :(

11. Progs

Progs Member

51-111... That is Garbage but hope is in the way. From Jimmy Paredes bonehead play to Villar's buttslide to possibly losing 15 in a row to finish the season...Setting the record of the most strikeouts in offense and having the Worst bullpen Ever and possibly team as well. Marlins who have an awful team the Astros made them look like the '27 Yankees... All in all it won't get any worse with Springer and boys coming next season.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

27 Yankees is a poor comparison, as the Marlins had the worst offense in baseball by a long shot.