1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After Game 2 of Smith, and Game 1 with the most talented starting line up (in their prime) for the R

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie 99, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good advice. Real men don't eat casserole. :grin:

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

He just need to stop with the across the court passes. Let that to Ja-mes Harden.

3. CrashTheBoards

I'm just gonna post this in every negative Josh Smith thread I see.

The Rockets have lost 3 out of there last 5 games.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This team needs to be judged after the all-star break. They need practice, chemistry and rest.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

damn :( panic mode

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You should fire yourself and trade your Most Valuable Pot (MVP) on ebay for a roll of tin foil.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats not the point. They played bad, and it coincided with Smith starting his first game. Lack of chemistry/fit could be a sign of bad things to come.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It might have had something to do with Harden having 9 turnovers and Beverley shooting 1-7 from 3 also. Seems silly to point the finger at the guy who played 26 minutes and only took 7 shots.

At the end of the day, the Rockets lost by 4 points to the defending champs on the road. No reason to panic just yet.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

While the 25 turnovers is a bit high even for this team , both stats are part of a greater trend.
    The Rockets have a bunch of poor FT shooters and produce a large amount of turnovers on a nightly basis.

Both are a huge concern especially once the playoffs start .... Same things that cost them the Portland series last year.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, he obviously has not meshed with the team yet. That's why I didn't the idea offering him the starting spot. Talent wise, he is no doubt the best PF we have. But, at times, he is lost. For example, at one play in the late 4th last game, Harden gave him the ball and expecting to get it back from him to set up a play. Smith instead just took off to the rim after receiving the ball. That needs to be cut down. I can imagine the team is still in the welcome phase to him, but I am pretty sure if he play boneheadedly again in crucial time, he is going to be yelled at by his teammates and benched by the coach. I hope he will adapt sooner than later.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

By the way, with Corey, Smith, and Bev, we have too much jumpiness, not poised. Bev has not been good. We are a PG away from a real contender.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Rockets have also lost 8 out of their last 29.

Time to panic! Trade everyone! Rebuild! Accumulate assets!

13. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

Exactly right Patience! When we lose to the Spurs, many start talking trade. Don't panic folks! We played a bad game last night and were still in it 'til the end.

After two games in Red, Smith may be better coming in as a 6th or 7th man. Give McHale and his staff a few games to find his best place.

It's an 82-game grind. We're going to have a few nights like last night.

1 person likes this.
  14. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I tried Chinese take-out last night. My friend told me about this cool restaurant down the block - I had tried it once or twice a few years back, and it was OK, but there were other restaurants I liked more, so I stopped going.

But my friend told me he got desperate and tried it again, and the experience was INSANE! Vibrant flavors, perfectly cooked. It just took his whole family by storm. His only complaint was that it didn't quite mesh with his favorite desert - Caramel Apples.

But, I tried it anyway. It was ... ok, I guess. Some good dishes, but overall more misses than hits. And the worst part was my friend and the restaurant owner kept screaming at me through my windows, saying that I wasn't giving it a fair chance.

So, I gave up. My suspicion is that they changed the recipes, and the food just wasn't very good when they took out the MSG.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If more guys would have had a better night, the game in San Antonio would be OURS.

Tough night, close game

San Antonio did execute a tad better down the line

We should be shooting better percentages and limit our Turnovers