1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 31 games, the Raptors have THE BEST offense of all time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Dec 29, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Kyle Lowry is that dude

2. omgTHEpotential

You're an ignorant Dragic fanboy. You feel like you need to include him in any discussion revolving Lowry, huh? Just because he's from the same country? DO YOU EVEN REALISE I HAVEN'T MENTION GORAN IN THIS THREAD? GTFO man. This thread is about Raptors and their great season, not about Dragic and how great the Suns are doing.

3. omgTHEpotential

from the same country as you *

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Amazing how Patrick Patterson rebuilt his game becoming a true stretch 4. He always had solid mechanics on his jumpshot so you could envision him developing a 3 pt shot but it's still impressive.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

SHM

Follow me

E-A-S-T

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is again a sign of a flawed stat.

Forget the rankings. Let's look at two teams, in comparison to their own history.

'87-88 was not the Celtics best offensive team, not even close! '85-86 was. Everyone knows that except this stat apparently.

'09-10 was not the Suns best offensive team, the Nash MVP years were with D'Antoni.

7. omgTHEpotential

This stat is a fact. Offensive production wise those teams are the best. It is not arguable.

HOWEVER, it is arguable whether they were the best teams overall. Because basketball is much more than your offensive output in the regular season. It is also about offensive versatility, coaching, defense etc. etc.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, the stat is completely wrong wrt Boston and Phoenix. The stat does not in fact define best offense properly. You just choose to call it the correct barometer.

Saying it is not arguable whether the stat is wrong or not, is not in fact true. I can completely argue whether the stat is the correct stat to use for best offense. Don't say we can't argue that.

It clearly is not the correct way to measure best offense if it say 87-88 is Bird, Parish, McHale and Johnson's best offensive team vs Bird's '85-86 team when they were all in their prime and they had Walton as 6th man. Clearly wrong.

It is also cleary wrong calling '10 Nash and Amare's best offensive team. Clearly wrong.

#68 heypartner, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets can really use PPat's contribution. We don't have enough front-court spacing without going small and even our "small ball 4" options have not shot as well as Pat has. Pat is also a good finisher at closer distances. He would work wonders for giving Harden and Howard more space to work with.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lowry > Melo and Bosh.

11. omgTHEpotential

You misunderstood me. I agree with what you're saying man. '10 Suns may not be the best offensive Suns team, I'm just saying that it is not arguable whether that team is the one with the best offensive output in Suns history.

Obviously, you usually have to interpret stats, since they don't tell the whole story. For example, if a team holds opponents to least points in the game in entire league, it doesn't necessarily mean they're THE BEST defensive team. They just might be playing a very slow paced game.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

??? What does Dragic have to do with this thread?? You are mentioning him for the first time dude.
    Btw, again basing facts on incomplete season. Yes toronto found chemistry without superstars, just like suns did last year. Did you see me opening thread after thread last year each time i find a meaningless stat, based on half a season and defending it blindly? You are doing that and it's annoying, that's what i'm trying to tell you. It has nothing to do with suns or goran.

13. omgTHEpotential

If it's annoying to you please don't read about it, instead of b****ing about it for entire week.

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If noone b****es abou annoying threads, they start to spread. Do you really want the dish to be populated only by annoyong threads, lol. Also it`s about discussion, but you don`t want to have any of that because you ignore anyone who doesn`t agree with you, no matter how sound the arguments.

15. omgTHEpotential

Just because it's annoying to you, doesn't mean it's annoying to others. You act like a child.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Lol. Let's break it down quickly:

In "Best post Rocket PG ever: Kyle Lowry..." you called me biased because of my nationality the moment I dared to say something against your VERY biased view of Raptors and Lowry. Meanwhile, a lot of people in that thread called you out on number of silly statements.

Then you go and in three weeks' distance you basically open two same threads about Raptors' offense, ignoring anyone who disagrees with you.

apollo33 summed it up pretty nice for you:

Kneejerk and bias is your modus operandi it seems. Why don't you go to Toronto Raptors forums with these threads? I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms there.

17. omgTHEpotential

What are you even talking about? The Dish is for the thread about NBA in general, that's why this thread is here. If you don't like it, simply don't post in this. You know you can ignore stuff you don't like, right? Grow up.

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So if someone doesn't agree with you and you run out of arguments, you tell him "you can ignore the stuff you don't like" rather than admitting you were being too homer. Yup, I'm the one who has to grow up.

19. omgTHEpotential

Frankly I don't care if you agree with me. To each his own. You are just acting like an a-hole - you're not a moderator yet you're still trying to backseat mod this subforum and tell people what they should and should not post.

Get a grip.

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Actually since that "Best post Rocket PG ever" thread I like calling you out on bull****. I can't get past the fact you like to take things out of context, like making bold stamements about player or his team based on 1/4 of season. Or basing two of your threads on a number that doesn't mean much if you don't look at the big picture - like what kind of defenses were being played in 80s or now etc.

Now I don't want to downplay Toronto's great run, but I don't think it's that much different than PHX's of last year. The only difference, and it's a big one, is the conference they're playing in so Toronto clearly has better offensive numbers. I think they are 2nd round exit at best because they don't have a good interior defense. If they played in Western conference, they'd follow in Denver's path from few years ago at best (first round exit) as a team without superstars and great offensive output.