1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Affordable Replacements for Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Who would you choose, assuming we get Bosh?

1. Ariza

88 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Deng

145 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Tucker

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Marion

26 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Other

31 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want Pierce too..but we'll struggle defensively on the perimeter for sure

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think they will cover all that "if" they can sign a good defensive coach but who knows. Pierce seems like he's still got something left in the tank and all my Spurs brethren do not want the rockets to pickup Pierce cuz he's a cagey veteran lol.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like that too, but I doubt if DM can get him here.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Why we are even debating this, I am sure Morey will hold onto Lin and probably Asik if we do not get Bosh and let Parsons go.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Tucker just got 3/15.5.....

Affordable does not exist

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Deng and Ariza are affordable if we lose Parsons. They'll want at least 10 million+ I highly doubt Pierce or Marion would come on a discount unless we also have Bosh.

Alan Anderson, Aminu, Richard Jefferson, Douglas-Roberts, Dante Cunningham and maybe even Darius Miller are cheap options at the forward position we can look into.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I say we let Bosh know that we wait for him until Sunday, if no LBJ decision by then and bosh decides to wait. We move forward, execute the trade of Asik and Jlin to clear up cap space, go and sign some much needed bench role players instead of Bosh. Target defensive needs rather than scoring. Get close to our salary cap, then nab Parsons from the Mavericks. This is better than Keeping disgruntled Lin, Asik and not getting Bosh.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

On Sunday at the last minute we show up with the Match offer sheet.. except its for 3 dollars less (1 per year) then Morey drops 300 pennies at Parsons feet for him to pick up. Everyone wins, Parsons gets paid, we get Parsons and say eff you to Cuban, and Morey gets the last laugh...

9. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I don't think we can S&T after the offer from Dallas was already given.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If they don't execute the contract(don't send it to Houston) we can. Not sure if that has happened yet. As of early yesterday it still hadn't been sent but I haven't caught up on the gazillion posts on the forum in the last 16 hours...

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Props to Phoenix locking up Tucker for that money when they did. He probably could have commanded more money elsewhere by desperate teams(like Houston/Dallas) depending on how the chips started to fall post Lebron's decision.