1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC Wild Card: TEXANS vs BROWNS -unofficial-

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Jan 7, 2024.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Eminem is the same age as me so I can tell you the gray hair is starting to come out unfortunately - my daughters as a funny gag picked out platinum blonde hair dye as one of my Christmas gifts - only because it was from them I used it (I only have a bit of gray near the temples otherwise I'm still fairly brown intact) it actually doesn't look bad haha

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Nick Saban school of hair dye.

War Machine likes this.
  3. percicles

4. SuraGotMadHops

Crowd was great, not just loud, but FUN. The vibe in the whole stadium just felt different. I think because we did not expect playoffs, let alone a home playoff game, there weren't the nerves or tension in the air you usually feel in playoff games, even when we were initially down early. Of course the beat down made it more fun, but overall it was just a loud, happy crowd. The halftime show was incredible, it was the first time I saw people wait until it was over before going to the restrooms.

There were quite a few Browns fans in my section, most left by the first pick 6, the rest left after the second lol.

Loudest singular crowd moment from a game I remember was a JJ Watt pick 6 against Buffalo (EJ Manuel). I really felt brain was about to melt.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That was how 2017 felt with the Astros. After that, the crowds were... less fun. The weight of expectation weighed heavily. I was lucky enough to be at game 6 in '22, and after Alvarez's blast, the crowd was very 2017-like.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

My fav part about the crowd is when Texans fans started barking like Browns fans after tds.

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, you root for the BROWNS!!!

Stephen66 likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

9. conquistador#11

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was at that ‘22 game as well. Alvarez blast was beyond loud. I was also there for game 5 in 17, it was midnight and everyone was exhausted but bregmans base hit to win was LOUD.

the shark and Hey Now! like this.
  11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I was at every home playoff game in '17. Every game was louder than the previous game, and the noise was joyous and happy. I was also at every home playoff game in '18, and man - could you tell the difference.

'22 there was a nervous tension until the Alvarez blast. Then it was a party.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So many things:
    * half the fam is from Cleveland so we got a bunch of seats in the nosebleeds at the 50 yard line
    * despite being up high, it was LOUD
    * browns fans barking after every good play, but by halftime the ENTIRE STADIUM was barking after Texans good plays (it was awesome)
    * the second pick-6 was the loudest. Because it was at that point we knew, the game was ours, and they played journey while we held our flashlights up. It was magical. You could FEEL the sorrow of YEARS of suffering being lifted out of the crowd. It was such a good game and I’m happy I got to be there and share it with the same family that barked at me in the stands after the Christmas Eve game.

Hey Now!, ROXRAN and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

14. the shark

the shark Member

Was at both of those games as well and it was REALLY loud!! Especially after Yordan's blast.

houstonstime likes this.
  15. Qan

Qan Member

He tried his best to come back. Good luck to his endeavors next season.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I may be in the minority, but I LOVE those color rush unis with the red helmets. Wish they were our primaries.

17. percicles

I’ll never forget when he went Adrian Peterson against the Bengals for those extra yards after the catch to get us closer field Goal range for the win.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet next year we make sure we get healthier wide receivers... probably better one too. I like the year Noah had though. When he was healthy he was a beast.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Saw this coming. He was obviously playing through his bad back. He got taken out after the first hard hit he took in the game. At least John Metchie has a promising game after being subpar all season.

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's always a combination. Unless it's like CJs first pass where he caught his own deflected pass, the passer has to throw it and the catcher has to catch it. Each can make the other look better, but both are necessary.