1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC Championship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like Nantz and Simms but I'd rather Deirdorf (sp) and Enberg.

both crews are better than buck and aikman imo.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They had a stat earlier today... when Bill Cowher has had a 11 point lead, he's 101-1-1 in his career.... I think the guy knows what he's doing in these situations (even though I agree with you... it should have lost them the game last week).

Also, I think Carolina is pretty close (if not better) than Pitt... but not having Foster will eventually hurt them.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

So does it mean the Texans will announce Kubiak is their new head coach tomorrow? :)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's a good philosophy in the regular season, which is why he has such a great record. Generic running plays with the great offensive line and backs they have and a solid defense usually ends up with wins, because they're better than most of the teams they play anyway. But in the playoffs, where the teams they're playing are elite... you've got to have the killer instinct to stay aggressive and finish them off. Otherwise, you end up in situations like the one in Indianapolis last week. I think that's a large part of why Cowher has struggled a lot in the playoffs... he has great regular season strategies, but doesn't always change his strategies when he's playing an elite opponent. Hopefully he does that in the Super Bowl, cause I'm pulling for them no matter who they play.

Anyway, I don't want to distract from their performance... great win and incredible postseason so far. Wins on the road against the 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the AFC... how impressive is that?

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HOUSTON YOU HAVE A NEW HEAD COACH!!!!

Denver just got blown out. WHOOHOOOO!

[​IMG]
    *It Starts*

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Broncos can't hang when the game isn't gift-wrapped for them.

Big surprise.

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

WOOOOOO!!!!!!! The city is going crazy for the Steelers!!!! We're going to the SuperBowl!!!!

8. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Jake Plummer has been a paper tiger all year. He sucks. The biggest game of his career and he lays a giant egg. Par for him.

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Congratulation. This is one very tough Steelers team. The Colts couldn't beat them last week playing with 12 men (11 players + the ref) on the field. We also saw them toy with the Broncos today. Good luck to either the Seahawks or the Panthers in the superbowl.

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Fu#k the Steelers and the Fat Bus. Im sick of hearing how he can't wait to go back to Detroit for a Super Bowl.....

The Broncos D which has been stellar all year long got gang raped by Big Ben - how many 3rd and whatever's did they convert?????? Jesus. Jake the Snake had the worst game of the year (not to mention the fact that the dude was sick). Add 3 turnovers, and you've got yourself a loss.

Man Im pissed - this was a golden opportunity to get back to the SB, and we blew it..... We didnt even have to get blown out by the Colts this year either....

:mad:

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Congrats to the Steelers. Better team won today. As for Jake, he wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. The man had NO protection in the pocket. Besides, I didn't see Jake covering Cedric Wilson. Then again, I didn't see Foxworth doing it either which was the problem.

Represent the AFC Pittsburgh!

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Somewhere Rush Limbaugh is celebrating....

13. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

2 word...Big Ben.

I'm tired of hearing about Eli Manning and Carson Palmer. These guys are good players and may turn out to be great players, but Ben is already a great player. Look at his stats, his record. He has taken his team to back-to-back AFC Championship games, and this year gets them to the super bowl. A passer rating of 125 in three playoff games against the top 3 seeds, on the road.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

:rolleyes:

Let me ask a question to you, CK:

How was the Broncos turning the ball over 4 times to the Steelers' 0 any different from the Broncos winning the turnover battle last week against the Pats? The answer is it isn't any different. The bottom line is that the Steelers were the better team today just like the Broncos were the better team against the Patriots. Period.

And I feel like Drewdog does. We had a golden opportunity to get back to the Super Bowl with no Colts to worry about and playing at home. It pisses me off to see them just waste it like they did. But you have to credit the Steelers for that (but also like Drew I agree that giving up all those 3rd and longs was f*cking ridiculous).

And Plummer didn't play great and it is very possible that the Broncos may never win a Super Bowl with Jake back there. But the man did have a good season and at least he got them in position to make it to the Super Bowl. But the world according to mleahy99 (probable Patriots fan - aren't you from Boston?) would have you believe that Plummer sucks ass so much that his teams always have losing records. But that was obviously not the case or else the man wouldn't be going to the Pro Bowl nor would he have been in the AFC Championship Game. He just had a bad game and the Steelers defense had a big part of that. I would venture to guess that it would have been hard for anyone to play well when you got Joey Porter, Farrior, Hagans, etc constantly in your grill. Don't believe me - ask Peyton Manning and see what he says.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I hate Pittsburgh. Ugh!

16. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

After the game was over, my friend and I were on our way to a bar, when we saw a huge gathering of people over at the University of Pittsburgh. So we parked and joined into this huge group (like, 3000 people or so) of Pitt students who were standing in the middle of Forbes Ave., cheering for the Steelers. The cops had the streets blocked off and everything. We then all marched down Forbes to the Cathedral of Learning (about 2 blocks away -- HUGE, awesome building that is part of Pitt), and people were up on the stairs of the building, and everywhere, chanting "Here we go Steelers, Here we go!". It was unbelievable -- I've never experienced anything like this. The city is going completely nuts over this. We went to a bar afterwards, and the people were in there singing Steelers songs, and just having a great time. Pittsburgh lives and dies with the Steelers, and it's great to see the team be so successful.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Dont forget about Palamoola. I wish someone would grab his curly wig and throw him down like a girl..... :mad:

I was screaming at the TV constantly yesterday, wondering when in the hell we were going to stop them on 3rd down. Unfortunately, they had a reciever WIDE freaking OPEN every time.... :mad:

I feel sick today.... :(

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so this puts them in a tie for most Super Bowl appearances?

also if they win it will be a tie for most wins.

awesome franchise.

used to hate them as an oilers fan but you have to respect it. I liked what they were saying about the rooneys sticking with cowher. class organization.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You should have seen the South Side.......

There's a picture of me running down Carson Street in the Trib.

Last night was unreal.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hehe, I was telling some of the sim guys in chat that I wished I was some badass WR because you better believe I would be pulling that dude's hair. I don't know why but seeing him as well as those guys on the Packers with their hair flowing out of their helmets annoys the hell out of me. I don't think it is a coincidence that you never see an offensive player with the long hair flowing out of their helmet like Polamulu (sp?) and the Packer guys.

And I was doing the same thing - screaming at the TV every time the Broncos gave up a 1st down on 3rd and long. Like I said before, we had such a golden opportunity for the Super Bowl and to squander like that makes me nauseous. :(