1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Advice] Friend in Desperate Need of Assistance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

You can call your local hospital and ask if they
    know of any free clinics in your area.

You could get in touch with the
    Department of Health and Human Resources
    in the state you live in.
    This is the government site for it...but each
    state has it own:
    Link

Here is a Patient Advocate site also that
    may be of some help:
    Link

1 person likes this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I feel even worse for her now that there might be a possible Kidney problem. Anything related to health issues and not being able to pay for it is something I think the government needs to take an big look at. I hope for the best of her, and hopefully everything will be alright for her soon.

This story kind of makes me think of how spoiled I am. I'm just sitting here right now on my computer, I have the week off for work, and I've been getting sleep and nap times in the afternoon. I mean, there's a lot of people out there just like her having problems, and I feel like I'm being inconsiderate and spoiled by just sitting here.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

She worked at a Main Event, and apparently her boss started to dislike her for some reason, even though she had been there a while, was a great worker... well liked bartender... etc, etc.

From what she said, she was basically "made an example of" because lately people from that branch hadn't been pushing enough of some promotion as well as corporate would have liked.

So she was fired on the spot for not asking some secret shopper if they wanted to join some silly rewards program thing.

4. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

If she worked their for more than 3 months I believe she has at least 2 warnings before being fired and even then she is put on a probationary period, I used to work at frys when I was 16 and I had to watch the videos, but anyway that's how I was taught.

She should really look into it, by the way the purpose of the secret shopper is to see how the branch is doing as a whole, and if anything she shouldn't get punished for the branches inability to enforce or remind those type of things.

F**king Corporate! :mad:

Hope she does well, I wish her the best, and look into that site, it may help. Take it easy man

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am quite sure she will get unemployment.

If she needs help with this I would be willing to help, just email (she's in TX right?)

I work in HR

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The unemployment office doesn't need to know about her part-time job. They'll focus on the other job she lost.

And, in case the other 3 people who said are all on the ignore list, look at getting student loans. As a student, she gets some extra consideration. And, she can retire the debt once she graduates and starts working fulltime.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes, she is local.

I sent you an email, thanks.

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I’d suggest looking for another bartending gig and tank that one to get fired to get unemployment. I think you can still file as long as it’s a disciplinary reason.
    I had an ex that worked at the BLVD a while back she was in school made a cool 350-400 bucks for a weekend. I’m not in contact with her anymore but if I would guess they would be looking to hire this time of the year b/c they have a balcony that opens up with the warmer weather. Or look for a better job in Conroe in the restaurant business b/c their peak time is coming up as well…..

Good Luck

9. Fatty FatBastard

What were the hours she was working beforehand? I like the unemp. idea, but why can't she get more hours for her current gig, or bartend at a place that offers more hours?

Bartending jobs aren't hard to find.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

She's applied at least 6 other places in her area, but doesn't have a lot of time, and it doesn't help when her former boss won't give her a good reference.

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I'd tell her to get that kidney infection checked ASAP, look for a low cost clinic that would work out a payment plan of some sort. Kidney infections are no joke, they can lead to chronic kidney disease, which would mean failing kidneys and the only way to treat that would be an eventual kidney transplant.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Duh. Don't tell potential employers about that. Just tell them about where she bartends now, and let them know she's simply looking for a place to work more hours.