1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Wojnarowski on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

As long as he can put up 20/12/2 and anchor top-5 defenses, I'm willing to take my chances with Morey finding that "championship hardcore mentality" guy elsewhere to complement Howard.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

Haha....pretty much.

#3 is what got LeBron the venom from the public.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Howard won't get it as bad as Lebron because
    * He's not as good as Lebron
    * He's not a hometown hero like Lebron was
    * He probably won't make a TV special about what a dick he is

That's just his ego to think that people could hate him as passionately as they hate Lebron.

2. I'm convinced that Dwight opted in to keep Orlando from trading him to Houston. A trade to Houston means he has to choose between Bird Rights (cash) and his team of choice (Brooklyn). He was hoping by moving the timetable, he'd get another shot at Brooklyn with Bird Rights.

I think Howard's last hope is that Orlando again chooses to delay the trade till later. It sounds like Morey may move on to other targets if he can't swing a Draft Night trade. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if Morey's Plan B contained some optionality to trade it to Orlando when they're ready to deal. Houston will always have a better package than NJ and a willingness to trade. So, I think Howard will end up in Houston and have to make a choice.

3. I doubt anything Howard can do will scare Morey away. Vow to leave in free agency, fake injuries, it won't matter. Morey thinks it's all a bluff. And, it probably is. If Dwight is traded to Houston, Deron Williams could well go to Dallas and the allure of Brooklyn will be gone. Still, Morey might piss Howard off enough that he'll make an irrational choice to go some place else just to stick it to the Rockets.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

How about we rent Dwight for the year? If he doesn't want to resign. Sign & Trade him for BYNUM?

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Adrian Wojnarowski is the person who reported reliable things. I hope his speculation is true. If we can land Howard, then we should try. We can start over for rebuilding if he is going to leave after one year. Any trade is better than getting 31 year old Pau with $19M salary.

6. AnthonyJFranks

This is the funniest ish I read thus far today.. Hell everybody want there ego stroked might as well do it. This is the best we will ever get outside of drafting a superstar or over paying.

7. moali85

moali85 Member

Most players love Houston after arriving (save Pippen)

I don't think Howard will be any different.

He'll warm up to the Idea.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We trade up and get picks 5 and 8. We take Drummond at 5, and whoever is left between Barnes, Lillard and Waiters at 8. If we can't later do the deal with Orlando, we sign the rookies, and add them to our asset collection. Remember that NJ had to hold on to Favors for a while, but eventually flipped him for DWill.

9. moali85

moali85 Member

We take 3 rookies in hopes of Orlando wanting those 3 specifically, if not we sign them?

I doubt the Rockets want the same exact players via draft as the Magic.

10. mic

mic Contributing Member

The prob is we still haven't traded for top 10 picks. Relying on too many other things to get this done.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Correct. Nice to talk about getting Dwight but the Rockets haven't even acquired 1, probably need 2, top eight picks. No telling then if Orlando is even interested or ready to trade him. Houston has some work of their own to do.

12. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Can i suggest a nickname for Howard already?

The Dwightmare

From The Dream to The Dwightmare, with a lil Yawn Ming in between :D

still luv u yao. *** a sleep-mac

13. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

It would be very tough for me to see us part with Drummond and Barnes for a rental of Dwight. His camp keeps stressing that he wouldn't stay here. Those two guys would give us a bright future IMO

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. That TV show did him in.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been saying the Rockets will have the best deal for him...No reason why the Magic shouldn't trade him here. At worst, i expect the rockets to acquire a pick just inside the top 10.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Rockets chances are better than anyone. Including Portland. Wont Brandon Roy coming back to play have an huge impact on Portlands flexibility by his salary going on their books?

17. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Or maybe just a 20 something year old struggling with a major life decision.

I know I did and mine wasn't a topic of national discussion.