1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Woj: Rockets aggressive on Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Mar 9, 2012.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Because Pau is a top 15 player in this league?

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

This....

3. burgower1994

burgower1994 Member

Roland Lazenby ‏ @lazenby Close
    It seems we'll soon be getting news that Gasol has been traded. No details confirmed, but he's apparently gone.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Whoever ends up with the best single player wins 99% of the time.

And ultimately, we'd be trading whomever we send to LA + Lowry for Howard and Turk, and honestly, I would trade anyone on this team to land Howard.

Replacing good players is easy. Getting a top 3 stud is rarely ever within reach.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Goran, Morris, Budinger, pick. Seems like a lot.

Maybe terrible was overstated, the wrong word, but I'm still not really in favor of it.

Essentially Lowry = Goran, Morris, Budinger, Thabeet, 1st round pick.

I don't care. They'll do what they do. :p

6. dingus

dingus Member

A John Hollinger hypothetical... about as trustworthy as something from the random trade thread. The only thing anyone knows is that the Lakers were in serious discussions to trade Gasol (nothing imminent) and Houston was one of the (if not the only) team(s)

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Clutchfans: Where rumors ARE reality baby! :grin:

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

still trying to figure out how this would help the Lakers.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

for who?
    looks pretty even to me...

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

watch him not come to the rockets.... :eek:

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:grin:

12. valorita

valorita Member

salary cap ramifications

13. Big Time Titan

I totally agree. Marcus is gonna be a stud. If he was ever given a real shot he'd be in the starting lineup by now, he must have said something disrespectful to coach McHale or something because he looked pretty damn good to me in preseason. It has to be poor practice habits or personal stuff keeping him off the court.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Disagree on that. I think Budinger and Thabeet have little to zero value, and Goran, a non-top 10 pick and Morris is the classic swap (compared to Lowry) of quantity for quality. In the NBA, always take the better player over depth. If the Rockets can get Gasol without Lowry (or even Martin), it's a steal.

That said, the names thrown out now are from people speculating via Twitter. No report of substance has particulars, so it's not worth worrying too much about, yet.

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

i'll believe it when i see it. :cool:

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Ugh, why in the world would we trade for a p***y like Gasol?? The guy is not a first option, not tough and not a player that fits with McHale.

Fire Morey please if this goes through!

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Alex Kennedy: With that said, @Roland Lazenby is very credible. Maybe word will spread over the next few hours. We'll see what happens next

18. allanivan

allanivan Member

Take Morris and 1st round pick out and I am good or put the NY pick in there and we get their 1st round back:)

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

I can see where you are coming from, however, Goran is likely to leave us after this year. There is too much demand for a starting point guard around the league, and Goran will undoubtedly make more than Morey is willing to offer IMO.

So essentially Goran(good chance he is gone) Budinger(can't seem to get rotation minutes anyway) Thabeet(nothing more than an expiring) and 2 first round picks(Morris hasn't shown anything in a Rockets uniform thus far), for a top 15 player. Thats how I see it anyway.

20. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Good God yes!!!

I can't believe some of you think this is a bad trade for us. The only starter we're giving up is Scola and we're replacing him with the best player in the trade. Of course there is no way of knowing what the actual trade is(assuming there even is one) but if it's this, Morey for President mofos!!!