1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson wanted to be a Texan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Aug 25, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Fine. Far Northwest Louisiana

Far Southwest Arkansas.

I'll never endorse dallas as part of Texas.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its just a lease indefinitely

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I love Arian Foster...but not gonna lie...wouldve loved me some AD...and he would be unbelievable in Kubiak's running system...

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I thought it was because Cedric Benson was coming back for his senior season, and AP wanted to start.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

AP in the zone blocking scheme???

Disgusting.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

lol, he would be amazing if I was coaching too!

7. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

I don't know, sometimes when you leave the state of Texas and somebody starts talking trash about the cowboys, the Texan in you wants to step up and take up for dallas...like if a bully was picking on your annoying little brother. He's still family. It's a matter of state pride. that being said, within the borders of Texas--F-them boys.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I join in with them

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This. Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes were both in the NFL when AP was making his call. It's silly to say he would go to OU because they would prep him better for the NFL. He just wanted to start asap and he was great from the onset.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Definitely agree.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Love how this thread went from "Peterson would have wanted to be a Texan!" to "Dallas is NOT a part of Texas."

lol

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

[​IMG]

:mad:

13. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

You couldn't be more wrong. I lived in the DC area for 16 years and had to deal with the Redskins and all that entails (ignorant front-running fanbase, vile owner, blatantly racist team name, etc). Seriously, they are a horrible despicable franchise...and for two Sundays every season, I was their biggest fan.

I learned my lesson in the early '90's. Throughout the '70's, I hated the Cryboys, but when their fortunes plummeted in the '80's, I started feeling sorry for them. And my reward for such compassion? Jimmah and Jerrah, and those over-rated POS's Irvin, Aikman and Smith and the entirety of the '90's listening to the bandwagoners acting like utter dicks.

Never again.

19 -10, baby. 19-10.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Peterson: 'Cool to play' in Texas

Adrian Peterson is signed through 2017 with the Minnesota Vikings, meaning the reigning NFL MVP is scheduled to play out the rest of his prime for the team that drafted him in 2007.

And while Peterson says he'd like to spend his entire career in Minnesota, he admitted Wednesday in an ESPN Radio interview that he has also thought about what it would be like to play for another team -- namely, one in his home state of Texas.

"You know, I'd be a liar if I said it's something that hasn't crossed my mind before," Peterson said on SVP and Russillo. "But I've also said to myself it would be so amazing to be one of those players who stays with one team his entire career, it would be good if I could do that. But being from Texas, I've always wondered, wow, it would be cool to play in Dallas, to play back home. Or to play in Houston."

Peterson grew up in Palestine, Texas, about two hours from Dallas, and rooted for the Cowboys as a kid. He lives in Houston in the offseason, and did most of his rehab from reconstructive knee surgery there in 2012.

He bought tickets for more than 100 friends and family when the Vikings played in Houston last December. When the Vikings traveled to Dallas on Nov. 3, Peterson purchased tickets for a smaller circle of people -- 62, to be exact.

Peterson said before the game he knew many of his family and friends would be rooting for the Cowboys. But what he said then sounded very similar to what he said on ESPN Radio this week.

"I'd be lying to say it didn't mean something, anytime you play at home and play against the Cowboys, the team I grew up watching and liking," Peterson said on Oct. 31. "My hometown's an hour and change from there. It's still another game, but then again, having family there -- Dallas is where I lost my brother [who was killed by a drunk driver when Adrian Peterson was 7], as well. We stayed there for a few years before we moved back to Palestine. So, you know, it's always good to go back there."

15. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

Arian Foster & 4th round pick for AD. Get er done Maury

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

18. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Well I figured it out the second post works , 1st post doesn't.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sounds like he's more interested in being a cowboy than a Texan.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Schaub Arian two 2's and 2 3's