1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson not down with gay marriage

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Commodore, May 27, 2013.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Interesting coincidence, given the move to legalize gay marriage in Minnesota.

If this is the worst "controversy" of the offseason, there are 32 teams that would happily take it. Certainly a far cry from the "Love Boat" saga they had several years ago.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think their MVP candidate also had some charges dropped for an incident at a club.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The guy is a NFL running back, gosh people need to chill. Who really cares what he thinks?

4. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

1) I didn't say why they cut him, just that he was cut.

2) I didn't say it wasn't handled professionally on both sides, like it almost always is.

3) PC and non-controversial usually doesn't end up generating discussion and argument, just saying.

4) It is quite an offseason (meaning odd and/or of notice), given that out of 32 NFL teams, only one of them has found themselves involved in any kind of GLBT discussion. Twice.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You mean like the 49ers and their CB's comments during superbowl week (technically not the offseason, but still)?

Or the Ravens cutting their outspoken, much more publicized gay rights activist?

6. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Good call, I forgot about Ayanbadejo. (sp?)

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

so? If I said "I don't believe in interracial marriage" it'd be the same thing as what Adrian Peterson just said. I wonder how many people would support me.

8. Nook

Nook Member

"I have black friends, I love them. I just am not down with them having equal rights. I love them the same, I am just not cool with them having equal rights. To each their own though."

Still an ignorant response from AP but handled better than many. He has the right to his opinion that homosexuals do not deserve equal rights, but he also can be fairly criticized for it.

Whatever, AP is one hell of a football player either way.

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I am adamantly against Gay Marriage. I guess that makes me full of hatred.

I am also adamantly against any sort of government sponsored marriage and I believe the government has no business telling anyone whether they can or cannot get married. This should be left to the Church or anyone else that wants to create "Marriage".

1 person likes this.
  10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

also the MVP of the NFL

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

agreed i dont like it either, mainly because one can not reproduce from this type of relationship. Its not healthy for the mass majority

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lol so what about people in a heterosexual marriage where one's reproduction organ doesn't work? is that not healthy for the mass majority also?

we're all people, and we all deserve equal rights no matter what race or sexual preference you have.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

btw didn't see too much wrong with what AP said as he kept it pretty PC. He can not believe in it as long as you don't just spew hate and discriminatory phrases.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Ask yourself why you are "adamantly against Gay Marriage". Is it because you love gay people but can't stand the thought of them being allowed the sames rights as you? Maybe you don't hate them. But what affect on you does it have if people who are in love are allowed to get married?

Is the church going to get involved in insurance, end-of-life decisions, estate issues, or anything else that a government that determines who is legally married or not typically gets involved in? No. What you've said is the #1 cop-out for those that want to make themselves feel better about wanting to continue government sponsored intolerance.

WTF does this even mean? Are you afraid the population is going to suffer because people that are already together and in love are now legally able to be married and have the same rights as you and me? If anything, we need a few less people.

15. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

What do all those things have to do with marriage? Nothing. Why should a a married couple(gay or not) have any more rights than a brother/sister that choose to live together and pool their resources and live together and want to trust each other with decisions like end of life? Everyone, married or not should be able to have the same rights. There could be some sort of civil union that any two people can get for legal purposes that has nothing to do with marriage and I dont care if it is 2 sisters that choose to get it. Just my opinion, but don't mind me .. I'm just a bigot

16. rudan

rudan Member

Gay is a mental disorder and the mentally ill should not be allowed to marry each other!

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one called you a bigot except yourself. I was asking questions. Quit playing the victim card.

#37 leroy, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  18. da1

da1 Member

That's pretty much what's being denied to them, the civil union, which bequeaths the legal rights.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I know this isnt a debate forum, but if someone wants to speak about how they are for gay marriage, why is it taboo for someone to say that they are against it.

I respect Adrian for being honest. So easy to change your stance when you are put on the spot like that.

I have no strong beliefs on the topic one way or another but I am completely against people thinking its wrong to express an opinion.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't care one way or the other myself but you can't get mad at what AP said. Nothing was derogatory or explicit against the gay population.

I think the main thing ppl have wrong with the idea of gay Marriage is that they think its a sacred bond between man and woman. It's not that it's wrong to be gay it's that it's not the norm and freaks some ppl out. I really do think Most straight ppl from age 18-40 really don't care if gay marriage is allowed and think its a non issue and should be allowed if two gay ppl want to get married. Atleast that's the way I and all my friends feel even though none of us have any gay friends and never even discuss the subject.