1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson not down with gay marriage

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Commodore, May 27, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

uh oh

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/27/adrian-peterson-says-hes-not-with-gay-marriage/

I don't think AP realizes this is the litmus test of moral enlightenment for the sports media, and he has failed.

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

y uh oh? That is what he believes, and he answered the question appropriately.

3. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

It's stupid how a controversial issue is not allowed to be argued, because of hurt feelings.. It's a topic that is under debate, but if you argue for one side you're made into an *******.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not a big deal. Certainly a more measured response than others we've seen.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it is in no way up for debate. Gay people should have the same rights as anyone else in the country. If you don't believe in equal rights you deserve to be blasted for it.

2 people like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Good for him.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

He must've gotten his new ACL from a homophobic cadaver.

8. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

The Vikings cut Kluwe, the most outspoken pro-gay activist in professional sports, and now their MVP star comes out and says this. Quite an offseason.

1 person likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I personally am in favor of gay marriage, but just because someone isn't doesn't make them homophobic.

He already said he doesn't have a problem with homosexuals, some people believe marriage is reserved for a man and woman. People are entitled to their own feelings.

Discussions about gay people have become worse than discussions about race, if everything you say isn't 100% positive you're a bigot, it's gotten ridiculous.

They better not make him apologize, you may disagree but he didn't say anything that needs an apology

10. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

shameful. history will not look kindly upon Adrian Peterson and people of his ilk.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe i'm just in a food coma but I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

12. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Kudos to him for voicing his opinion. People are allowed to have their own beliefs. He's not forcing his views on anyone or hurting anyone. I hope I have the same courage to stand up for what I believe in, no matter how popular or unpopular it may be.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So if I said "I hate black people" you would give me kudos for voicing my opinion and having the courage to stand up for what I believe in no matter how unpopular it is?

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Did he say he hates gay people?

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Sorry I know you meant in the general sense of just voicing ANY opinion. I just don't think noscrusir didn't properly explain or type what he meant. I'm sure he didn't mean ANY opinion. (Did you-nocrusir?)

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

he didn't say he hated homosexuals

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Why ask a question if you don't want to hear an honest answer.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The dirty little secret is for the media, it's not about mere tolerance, which AP clearly has.

No, he must endorse and approve of the activity.

19. ths balla

ths balla Member

You know whats not what he meant. I find it ironic because you are in support of people's opinion that align with yours but malign the ones that don't, yet the whole issue is about supporting people opinions and thoughts on their own life, even if you don't believe or agree with those thoughts.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They cut a below average punter and from what I recall it wasn't a bitter separation with Kluwe expressing gratitude for the experience. And their MVP candidate in a very pc and non-controversial manner expressed his beliefs. Quite an offseason would describe their helluva draft and the Jennings pickup, not this.