1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2014.

1. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Knowing what a switch is and growing up in a abusive Household correlates with one another now?

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

lol i mean i dont think many people are beating their kids with sticks nowadays i mean except for AD

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

gee i wonder how those would relate

4. torocan

torocan Member

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The child is 11.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The report torocan put up said the boy is 4.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

AP getting suspened

Greg Hardy should get his sometime soon with that audio out

Ray Mcdonald the clock is ticking

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

baby momma about to cash in the check

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

11. torocan

torocan Member

Apparently the TMZ is reporting that multiple sources are confirming that CPS is saying that the boy is 4 years old.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Sorry, I see that now. Seems we have conflicting info from different sites. I agree if he was 4 that was taking it too far. But if 11 that's not too bad from what I see in the pictures.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

not to bad... i get some of y'all grew up with much worse than this but for a dude the size of AD to feel the need to use a weapon to discepline a child, regardless of if he is 11 or 4, is just gross.

People that do this to their kids are angry about something else and take it out on their children... what could a child that age do to possibly deserve that as a punishment?

14. Remii

Remii Member

I use to think the same thing until I visited my Aunt in Texas... I thought a switch would be a cakewalk compared to a belt and she would even be polite enough to let me go and find one.

I discovered they can get a lot more licks in with a switch and it's like they never get tired. Nice easy rapid swings with the flip of the wrist while tearing dat azz and legs up (a lot more arm action and wasted energy swinging a belt). Best sleep ever.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Look my dad was a lot bigger then me when I was a kid(he was cut too) and he used his belt or a paddle and rarely used his hand.

I'm not saying its okay what he did to his kid I'm just saying I understand it.

16. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Are you serious?? "The photos don't look that bad."

To use a switch or belt on a child is one thing, but breaking skin and leaving a lasting abrasion or scar is completely unacceptable. The cuts from the switch look to be on the legs which may not have been covered with clothing. Absolutely pisses me off parents go to extremes to punish their children. Have I spanked my children for doing wrong - yes, but never have I left a mark or come anywhere close to breaking skin. :mad:

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

When I think of a "switch," I think of a wimpy little tree branch less that quarter of inch in diameter. Not sure anyone could be "injured" by that unless you poked them in the eye. More details are needed.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Looking at 3 photo's I'm counting 15 separate welts/bruises from the switch.

7 on leg, 5 on arm, 3 on back. That's a LOT of hits for a kid, whether they're 4 or 11. I just can't see how you can justify that many hits for a child that young, let alone hits that leave welts, cuts and bruises.

There's at least 3 strikes that you can see scabbing, IE, he drew blood.

Definitely WAY overboard...

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He'll probably just have to attend some counseling. Can't keep All Day off the field. My fantasy team is counting on him.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

I was just going by the leg photos, didnt know there were others.