1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. micah1j

micah1j Member

So NIKE has the right to match, correct? like a RFA.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Strip club money!

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

4. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I don't understand how Nike could have possibly viewed Kyrie getting a sig shoe over Harden as the right call. That decision would have been made before LeBron announced his return and Kyrie on a bad Cleveland team with no nationally televised games doesn't seem like a great use of marketing funds. If that decision was made after LeBron then it doesn't make sense to split the marketing focus on two spokesmen who play for the same team.

Compared to Harden who 1) has a unique game 2) on national display 20 times a year 3) in a bigger city 4) that produces a TON of bball talent 5) with a solid color palette Kyrie's choice as a sig athlete seems so premature. And for the record I LIKE Kyrie. Who is making decisions at Nike? Still cant believe they let steph go to Under Armour.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

The big one they lost out on is Spieth..... I guess Nike doesn't sign champions anymore..

6. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

Man I heard Paul George was next in line before Harden to get his own signature shoe as well. Then Paul got hurt. I'd be mad too if I was James. Take that money.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Nike will match.

9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd try to leave if I were James, too. Seems pretty obvious he's not a priority at Nike.

Look at Steph Curry. He's rocking trash Under Armor shoes, but he's getting commercials every 20 seconds as well.

11. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

$200M is a lot of money. Nike better have a serious counteroffer.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

More important question is which insurance company will Harden sign with to increase his MVP chances - Allstate or GEICO?

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol Khloe has been pregnant the past 3 years.. she CANT have kids

15. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I wonder what caused the shift on Nike's end from having multiple sig athletes to just the 3/4 that we have today?

In the 90s/00s I remember Nike having Payton, KG, Pippen, Penny, Jordan, Barkley all at once.

The mid 00s was short on true star power but I definitely think this current crop of stars has quite a few guys who are worthy of sigs.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I doubt it... James doesn't seem like their priority

17. Fantasma Negro

After learning the Steph Curry got 285 mil to go to under Armour makes me see how this offer is a slap in the beard for James Harden. Adidas doesn't even make wing guard shoes. Their shoes don't change direction, you think Derrick Rose is trying to get hurt, those shoes suck. They're not made to move the way he moves. This is has to be James' people posturing to get money from nike or under Armour. I can't see him in Adidas and I can't see him taking that much less than Curry

18. hvic

hvic Member

lol even Jlin has a signature shoe with Adidas. doesnt mean he will play better

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

PTI actually had a segment of whether Adidas should have offered him the deal. They seemed to think Adidas was stupid.

Why does the national media so strongly dislike James Harden? I've never seen such disparity between results(western conference finals), peer respect(players choice MVP) and media perception.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He bangs the hood rats. He ain't got a cute kid like Steph.