1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I need some signature beard shoes. Seems like a mirror of his okc situation, stay with Nike and be a behind the scenes-ish star or go to Adidas and be the featured guy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Not sure where I read it, but in North America, they have been losing serious market share, but worldwide, it's a lot closer. A lot of the European soccer teams have signed with Adidas and left Nike.

Signing with Adidas could boost their share in North America, and get that big presence world wide.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cleverly disguised "Harden is fat" post. :cool:

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No, you moronic d***head nobody is putting Lin the scrub next to Yao.

Its the haters lumping all Asians basketball fans into one bucket, even those who've been watching basketball their entire lives.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd sign with Olaju-shoe.

Take the money if Nike does not offer more. This is business. And Harden is who the players and kids want to be right now outside of Lebron. He's street.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thanks for putting krxsnooopy, the insecure "Woe is me!" character in his place. Whining and crying his entire life.

As for the the deal, James Harden would be a lunatic NOT to take that deal. It's like winning a lottery. Heck, if someone asked you to give up basketball for $200 million, you would have to consider that as well. That is a LOT of money.

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

How will Harden and his family survive with this kind of money??

9. Fantasma Negro

Adidas make soccer shoes for professional soccer players all over the world. Most if not all soccer shoes are low tops. Adidas can integrate the technology developed for performance (jerking, cutting, sliding, kicking and checking )on the soccer pitch for the hardwood. I have confidence that if he signs they'll make sure he gets what he wants

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If Harden takes that money and he should I'll also consider doing a sex change and getting implants and whatever necessary to become a big booty stripper

I want in some of that $ 200 MM ;)

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You can have some, sort of. Don't buy over-expensive signature shoes.
    A penny saved is a penny earned.

Think functionality and value, not advertising created cool.

[​IMG]

12. newAge_Rockets

Get out of here with your logic!

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Howard/Harden Adidas Combo.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought Howard was with Peak?

15. hvic

hvic Member

the shoes does not make someone play better. I play better with Adidas than Nike because it gives me better foot support. Hakeem played in his Spalding shoes and dominated the game.

16. Lando

Lando Member

Didn't something similar to this happen recently-ish with KD ?

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Good for James. I really don't give a damn about the difference between the brands anymore, but it's great that he earned a payday.

18. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

uugh

Adidas is notorious for making ugly shoes. Other than the Stan Smith and the shell toe it's all garbage. Who the he'll are they hiring to design? But yeah, take the money.

19. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

(caution: minor bball shoe geek moment)

If you look at last years' signature shoes from adidas basketball, they have been horrible in all facets. Aesthetics, technology, comfort.

DRose:
    [​IMG]
    John Wall:
    [​IMG]
    D12:
    [​IMG]

Although, the Adidas Crazy Light Boost 2015 with the Primeknit (which is a rip off Nike's Flyknit, btw) look promising...
    [​IMG]

If Harden does decide to go with Adidas, I hope it's in the direction of the new Crazy Lights and make him THE premier athlete. He also seems to fit their marketing scheme when it comes to off-court: Pharrell, Rita Ora, Kanye etc. We all are aware of his off-court style, I can see adidas giving him free reign. JH13 Tracksuits, shell toes, etc. Not to mention, there's an adidas store in the Galleria and no Niketown anywhere in sight.

I'm happy for Harden if he inks the deal.

..but I really loved the way these looked, felt, and performed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

If Harden had signed with Adidas ~1 1/2 ago or so, I think he would have won the MVP last year. The amount of commercials Curry was on was a huge boost to his popularity and appeal. I hope Adidas (or Nike) starts to push Harden as the front man like he should be. I believe I've seen more Harden Foot Locker commercials than all his other commercials combined, which is not good for a superstar athlete. Lots of people may think that kind of stuff doesn't matter, but it's a significant input into the general appeal of a player.