1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rocketseagles07

If adidas designs anything like that he's not gonna sell. Look at kobe... he didn't sell that well at adidas but he moves crazy units at nike. Thats because of design kobe's stardom didn't rise. I hope they give him a hoop shoe and a casual/lifestyle shoe kind of like the yeezy. Harden has a good eye for style....

2. rocketseagles07

those are trash(just my opinion). Strictly a basketball shoe... in order to really sell the shoe needs to be able to be worn on and off the court(jordans, kobe's, etc)

3. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

exactly

Shoes are ugly and so are the ugly ass Y3 ninja lookin shoes. J's look good on and off..Adidas just need to hire a hip designer. I wouldnt dare wear those Tim or Walls shoe with jeans. Id wear them only to the gym because they are not stylish.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Surprised Harden hasn't said a thing about joining Adidas

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Couldn't resist (lol)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

Don't think he can until his Nike deal official expires.

Can't wait to see stuff start to come out. I'm a long-time nike fan but have been noticing that adidas has been coming out with some pretty interesting stuff. Think Harden will fit in really nicely with the boundary-pushing stuff they're doing.

7. macho87

macho87 Member

Yeezy x Harden collab will be insane. Insta cop!

8. Fantasma Negro

Hold up man, this is fly as ****

9. rocketseagles07

Lol yea it is. He wears some crazy s*** but honestly that look he wears is in now. It's unique without going all the way off the deep end(westbrook, d. wade--sometimes). He's hit or miss but kanye is hit or miss too and he's a style icon(whether people want to admit it or not)

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

People who make fun of James hardens style probably wear old navy gap banana republic stuff

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I thought The Kobes were probably Adidas's best designed and their prime of basketball shoes. They were horrible to play in IMO.

As long as Adidas can keep a sleek, light-weight, low top signature shoe for Harden, I'll be happy.

[​IMG]

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

A lot of people on this forum are pretty old. Its not surprising.

13. bmd

bmd Member

I remember those. I never had them myself but I remember seeing people with them and I always thought they looked big and bulky. I hate bulky basketball shoes.

14. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

To each his own. That looks terrible to me. Lol

15. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

Yessir

Those were clean...unlike the ones without the laces.[​IMG]

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are some options in the wide range between Russell Westbrook and Old Navy.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I hopped in those shoes one season in AAU.... Not even going to lie it's one of the best basketball shoes I have ever worn for basketball purposes. It had great support and was very light with good traction.

I was actually talking with my buddy about those shoes 3 months ago and he even said they were some of his favorite shoes to hoop in. I could see James getting a shoe similar to this because they wernt super high tops but weren't low either.

18. dream2franchise

From the article posted earlier:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/08/14/exclusive-interview-adidas-basketball-gm-chris-grancio-discusses-james-harden-deal/

NDP: Have you heard from James since yesterday? What has his reaction and excitement been since the announcement went public?

CG: Yeah, and he’s fired up! I texted with him last night, and I know that he’s happy to get started as soon as he can. He’s currently under contract until September 30th, so he’s limited in terms of what he can actually say or do publicly. We’re doing everything we can to get ahead and get started to put ourselves in a position to hit the ground running in October.

NDP: Can you clarify Dwight Howard’s current standing with the brand? It’s my understanding his deal was set to expire this fall and that he’ll be switching brands this fall. TMZ had reported that him being an adidas brand and Rocket teammate of James’ was a factor, but that seemed off base and wasn’t my take.

CG: We don’t discuss contract details, but Dwight is currently under contract, and we’re having ongoing conversations with his reps to see what happens.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yikes....way to go out on a limb with color choices there guys.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member