1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman's Blazers 92 vs Kings 02?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nikos, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Nikos

Nikos Member

How do you see these matchups? Which team is better?

C: Kevin Duckworth v. Vlade Divac/Scot Pollard

PF: Buck Williams/Cliff Robinson v. C-Webb/Fundy

SF: Jerome Kersey/Cliff Robinson v. Peja/Hedo

SG: Clyde Drexler/Danny Ainge v. Christie/Hedo

PG: Terry Porter/Ennis Whatley v. Bibby/Jackson

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Blazers might keep it close, but Sac is just too strong and deep at every position. I'd take the Kings.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Por played defense. Por wins.

Also, the 92 Drexler is light years ahead of Bibby or whoever the hell you would consider to be the best King.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sacto easy. Portland was a poor man's Detroit. They weren't as smart as Detroit, or as talented, so they resorted to mere thuggery without the game plan Daley had for his defense. Same problem Riley. Portland lived and died at the three point line. They had great slashers but would just go brain dead and bomb away leads. Sacto has much better interior passing and plays much smarter overall. The talent is superior overall.

Vlade/Duckworth - umm yeah.
    Webber/Williams - Webber
    Kersey-Robinson/Hedo-Peja. pick em, finals. Otherwise, reg season Peja - all star
    Christie/Drexler - Ok, Drexler, easy
    Bibby/Porter - Bibby with superior smarts by far. Porter was tough as nails.

Bench - Pollard, Jackson, Funderburke v Ainge, Whatley? Sacto.

Overall - Sacto.

Portland wasn't just outplayed by Jordan. They were outsmarted by Chicago.

Sacto should have won it all. Maybe they learn the killer instinct - to step on their windpipe when they're down, as Bird used to say.

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Since when was Sac ever a cerebral team?

I think everyone is overrating Sac because they are "fun to watch". Yet, people forget that teams like Sac, who play no defense, don't really ever win anything in the NBA. Yet, they would easily slide by Por.

6. super_mario

super_mario Member

Portland wins.

The teams are fairly even but at crunch time, Bibby will step up for Sacramento and Drexler will step up for Portland. I think that Drexler and Portland has the edge.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Duckworth was actually decent...probably about as good as Divac is now.

I don't remember this Whatley dude. Besides, I believe they just went with a 3-guard rotation w/Porter, Drexler, and Ainge. I thought Danny Young was the 4th guard who never played.

Buck Williams would scare Webber.

I don't know who would win. Probably Portland -- Clyde would step up, Webber wouldn't.