1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman --- I HATE this guy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, May 28, 2002.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

This guy makes me world-class sick.

First he whined about Shaq dislodging and running over his big men.

Now it's this:

"I've petitioned the league to outlaw the bump-and-run,'' Adelman said. "I'm a little concerned about my 150-pound point guard. They put a bigger guy on him, and (the officials) allowed him to do what he wanted."

So the Lakers have privilige in everything I guess. :rolleyes:

No matter the strategy, no matter the talent of the players, if the Lakers win or excel it's the refs fault.

Rick Adelman sucks.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Who wieghs 150 pounds on that whiny team? Bobby and Bibby sure as hell dont weigh 150.

3. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

What is the difference between the Kangs and a dollar bill?

You can get 4 quarters from a dollar! :D

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Totally taken out of context. Adeleman was joking when he said that because he said Phil was complaning of the fouls committed on shaq. This was written in the LA Times this morning:

"I petitioned the league to outlaw the bump-and-run," Adeleman joked. "Phil [Jackson Laker coach] complained about us manhandling his 350-pound center. Well they're manhandling our 150-pound point guard. I don't see why the rules change. If they're not going to call [the rough stuff], we have to find a way to help Mike out."

Dont take part of a whole thing to justify something. If that was the case every player/coach could be seen to be a whiner

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I guess I make you "world-class sick", too. Shaq's rocking into a defender to clear space has been a "world-class pet peeve" of mine for as long as I can remember. It's a charge plain and simple.

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

:rolleyes:

Drop dead yo-yo.

Here's the link I quoted from: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2002/s/2002/0527/1387552.html

and the paragraph before and after:

Los Angeles outscored Sacramento 49-34 in the second half as Bryant, the Lakers' best individual defender, made life miserable for Bibby -- by any means necessary.

"I've petitioned the league to outlaw the bump-and-run,'' Adelman said. "I'm a little concerned about my 150-pound point guard. They put a bigger guy on him, and (the officials) allowed him to do what he wanted.

"We knew they would do this eventually. It's a good move, because Kobe is a great defender. You can't attack him with a dribbler, because those type of defenders bother a dribbler. He has long arms, and he's all over you.''

He's whining and he's asking the refs to give Bibby a break from Kobe.

It's even a team effort:

"There was a lot of grabbing and holding that they let get away," Kings reserve guard Bobby Jackson said. "There's no way they should be allowed to do that (to Bibby) and not get called for it."

Play the game Kings, play the game. When a man gets shut down, it's usually that mans fault---not the refs.:p

7. Major

Major Member

Drop dead yo-yo.

Why? For providing the full quote that your article didn't offer? For showing how the quote that you provided was taken out of context by the AP?

Yeah, those are terrible things!! Yoyo, you should let the man remain misinformed so his rant still works!

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dude, what world are you living in? You do know that Phil Jackass complains about officiating more than any coach in the league, including Jerry Sloan, right? In his entire career, Phil's team has NEVER just been beaten fair and square, it's always the refs or some other excuse. Does that register?

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"In order to beat us, you have to beat us fair and square," O'Neal said. "There's only one way to beat us. It starts with a 'C' and ends with a 'T.' The real basketball fans understand what's going on here."

Shaquille O'Neal after their 90-96 loss in game 2 vs. the Kings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=220520023

Take that for whining.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I seriously believe that David Stern tells the refs to favor a team, because a more popular team winning means selling more merchandise. The Lakers are complaining because Stern has begun to even the field after seeing how popular the Kings are now. That's why Shaq talked about cheating. Suddenly he was being called like everyone else, and he seriously thought he was getting shafted, not because he's an idiot (but that helps). To me, it seems like the Lakers are still getting more calls. Most of Sac's complaints seem reasonably well-founded. But whatever, everybody complains anyway. It's just more noticable when good teams complain.

11. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I can't believe this thread even started.

Everybody WHINES.

Even my favorite player of all time, Hakeem, whined like a baby to the officials.

Do I care???

No. I've just learned to deal with the whining....why should anybody care? It's been going on forever!