1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman: Francis not part of rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch34, Oct 29, 2007.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's be real: There is nothing positive about this at all. SF has been a flaming disappointment so far. Honestly, I didn't want him here, but I've tried to be positive since he signed up. The fact the starting job was his to take and he's bombed out so far is incredible to me. So much for him being more mature and willing to make sacrifices.

We can only hope starting the season out of the rotation will force SF to eat some humble pie and earn his place on the floor. That he reported to camp out of shape just blows my mind.

2. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

man i think houston is building a bad rep. i remember before when stromile swift signed with us for less money because he thought he would get playing time and now the same with steve...just feeling bad for them

3. dedong22

dedong22 Member

from what i've seen from steve's quotes and interviews, he seems to have lost his desire to improve and achieve, that's the worst part... hope he'll find his motivation again

4. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Don't you mean Swift signed for too much money? Don't even start with him.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Damn, don't meritocracies suck?

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that was w/ JVG. once you're in JVG's doghouse, you will NEVER get out.

adelman said RIGHT NOW, francis is not in the rotation. if he keeps working, there's a good chance he will. that's why adelman is a plus. he'll see if francis can pick up the offense as the season progresses and if he does, he'll play.

remember, he thought francis would be his starter. but he came in out of shape and not picking up the offense fast enough.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe they had no choice but to take less money...

Sorry, but salary has nothing to do with playing time. You have to earn it. It doesn't matter how much you make or how much you don't make.

I don't feel bad for any player who makes all that money, yet still can't crack the regular rotation.

8. k1v170

k1v170 Member

wow..this sucks...i was looking forward to the opening game to watch steve! luckily i didnt get my ticket yet, i was planning on purchasing it tomorrow, but i guess not anymore. im not going to the game anymore, no point

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

First off looks like i was right about Francis all along. i knew he wouldnt be a major contributor, but i didn't expect him to be completely out of the rotation.

secondly i am VERY surprised that Adelman thought Francis would start. looks like he didn't know Francis' game that well until now. :D

hopefully francis asks for a trade and we got something in return.

10. pumbum

pumbum Member

cmone guys - its kinda simple:

rafer has been playing for a while with tmac, yao, chuck, etc.... ofcourse he's going to look better.

steve's only played 50 games in the last year... he's going to be rusty.

mike james is the same kinda player as steve, but more polished at this point.

he's going to have to work his way into the lineup with people poking at him asking "what happens next?" how the heck is he supposed to know. id like to see him work his way into the lineup and not look back once / or if he gets there.

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Francis never had the starting job. Adelman assumed Francis was his best player because he was a former all-star, but then he saw his faults and weaknesses up close in person.

From former all-star to bench warmer....Steve Francis, what happened to your career? :D

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You've got to be kidding me.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Don't be, I'm sure there are those that believe that as crazy as it is...Hopefully if he is a true fan of the Rockets, he will come around. If not, then not...

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Are you kidding me? Head looked way beter in the preseason than Francis. In fact, I think he's due for a breakout third season. He has been very similar to Cuttino (with slightly better passing) in his development so far stat-wise (adjust for 40 min), and I expect that trend to continue. If he could ever get real minutes, I could see him easily putting up 15-17 ppg in this offense.

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

It's only dissapointing for people who thought Francis could actually contribute. For guys like me who never thought that...it just adds to my ego. :D

i'm not the type to say, 'i told you so', but DAMN, it feels good being right :cool:

16. H-town_playa2k2

Oh man rox are going to continue to be one of the most boring teams in the league. Well lets see how D.Fisher is going to own Rafer tommorow. I hope the Rox win, but this **** aint going to work for Steve. I think he should have signed with Dallas or LAC now. I wanted him to come and add that spark we were missing :( .

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Mistake. Trade Alston and be done with it, please.

18. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Stealing a line from Terrell Owens' former publicist...

"There are 30 million reasons why you shouldn't feel sorry for Stevie."

This is the league people. I doubt Adleman would have wanted Morey to go after Francis if he didn't think he could contribute....especially after getting Mike James who is very similar. It's obviously no ones fault but Steves. He know what he has to do if he wants to play.I also think he'll get a chance to play tomorrow night.....when Mac and Yao are icing their knees, watching from the sidelines.

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Francis would be buried in the bench just as bad as here. He's not playing in front of Terry, Howard, Harris, Eddie Jones, or even Barea.

Francis can only put up numbers on BAD teams. the clippers was his best shot at reviving his career, and he'd be re-united with Mobley. it'd be like the second coming of Rudy T's Rockets :rolleyes:

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

get hungry, sf. get off the couch. get on the phone with yao. get serious.

<object width="480" height="409"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="movie" value="http://tv.mofile.com/cn/xplayer.swf"><param name="FlashVars" value="v=MVKIVKPA&p=http://cache.mofile.com/tv/static/pics/s2/2007/4/2/MV/KI/MVKIVKPA.jpg&autoplay=0&nowSkin=0_0"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://tv.mofile.com/cn/xplayer.swf" FlashVars="v=MVKIVKPA&p=http://cache.mofile.com/tv/static/pics/s2/2007/4/2/MV/KI/MVKIVKPA.jpg&autoplay=0&nowSkin=0_0" width="480" height="409" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>