1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman, Brooks on Aaron's reduced role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2011.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Lost his job due to injury......sucks but it happens.

I agree with Adelman.....but he's forgetting on thing. Its not like we've been winning a whole lot with Kyle starting. Our record (see sig) isn't good enough for any starters stop to be locked, including Kyle.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think it is. If Brooks gets back to playing like he did last year so that the bench starts gaining points instead of losing points relative to the opponent and/or Lowry+starting unit tanks during the upcoming schedule-from-hell, don't be surprised to see a change.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If AB starts hitting those jumpshots consistently again... his minutes should (and hopefully will) go up again. Does that mean he will start? I don't know, but he will definitely end up finishing again.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brooks is undoubtedly upset about not starting now. Every player who has heart would be. He still came in and played fairly well tonight. He certainly wasn't doing anything to mess up the team or other players because he's unhappy right now.

He's handling it like a professional. He just needs to keep doing that and let his game do the talking.

In the end Adelman is right, the player's production should decide who starts. That's fair.

5. nathan8

nathan8 Member

Having two scorers starting in AB & K-Mart just doesn't work both look to score and score only and when it comes time to defend they're lack laster so even if AB hits consistent form again i would still like to see Lowry take the starting 1 spot for good.

He can score and on a consistent basis can put up 20-10 nights, He plays tremendous D and his hustle, hunger and determination for the rock is mind blowing. I have a feeling were unloading AB come this deadline, for better or for worse?...

6. nathan8

nathan8 Member

I read on another thread a few days ago, somebody stated that AB is an undersized 2 guard with no true PG playmaking/floor general-like court vision! That sums up Aaron in a nutshell.

Lowry earned the starting job, period.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's actually a huge exaggeration of Aaron. It's not that he has no playmaking/floor general-like court vision. He does. It isn't like Steve Nash, but it isn't the worst either. It's somewhere in between.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't his court vision, it his tempo.

Aaron Brooks lost the job because he can not control tempo.

10. trugoy

trugoy Member

What I noticed about AB is that his turnovers are the worst type of turnovers. Bad passes cross court or losing the dribble attempting to split a double team, those types of turnovers lead to fast break points a huge amount of time.

Kevin Martin on the other hand has a ton of travels which is not as bad because the clock stops.

Lowry's turnovers also come from charges and travels, and his bad passes are usually hot passes out of bounds.

I am sure that this is something that Morey tracks, that not all turnovers are equal and some are worse than others.

2 people like this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Last year we had a .512 w/l percentage with Brooks mostly starting, this year .457 with Lowry mostly starting, hmm

12. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

..and this year we had an .000 w/l with brooks starting those first 5 games.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Of course, a Lowry/Smith backcourt is going to be less effective than a Lowry/Brooks backcourt.

Hint: It's better than 0.457, when you at this year's record with Lowry/Brooks, and Lowry is starting.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the truth is aaron can't hit a shot right now. he missed a quarter of the season and even though he is healthy enough to play you can tell that he's still trying to regain his touch. he is in preseason form right now when everyone else is in midseason. once he catches up he will regain his spot.

15. nnayak

nnayak Member

So true. Great point

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hmmm ... Brooks had the benefit of having a very good backup for most of last year.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really don't like Aaron Brooks. I really like Kyle Lowry.

Whew, now I fit in.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

But we had Ariza last year, too, that may or may not be a factor.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

I miss the MIP'd AB, and I bet AB misses him, too. I hope we trade him for a C; if we keep him, I hope he'll get hungry, work hard, and turn himself into a Microwave 2 off the bench. Perhaps he can be Sixth Man of the Year, even MVP... Well, we can hope.

20. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

glad i picked up k low on the waiver wire