1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Add Chris Mannix to list of people who think LeBron James will go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 8, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

[​IMG]

2. macan

macan Member

where my man max kellerman at? what's his opinion on this?

hakeem94, ryano2009 and Snow Villiers like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bron might agree to play with Kyrie, but Kyrie doesn't want to play with him. Boston would have to give some of the youngsters in order to obtain him. This would weaken their team.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Bron replaces Kyrie, they may be good enough to win. It all depends on if Bron thinks the Celtics are good enough, to win with him. Losing to the Cavs might have put some negative thoughts about them though.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I’m very curious as to how exactly Morey puts out an acceptable offer. On the surface, it’s pretty difficult to imagine a 2 way deal. I’m not doubting it (~acceptable offer) happens, but it’s a bit frustrating just hoping Morey pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

6. xaos

xaos Member

topstory13_campaignlaunch_0.jpg

lebron-james-wallpaper-failure-quote-sportwpp-miami-houston-rockets.jpg

Patience, CrushCity, robgue and 2 others like this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

That billboard is about as close as Royce White ever came to being a Rocket.

#BeWell
    #NowWTFDoWeDoWithThisRV?

CrushCity likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Would much prefer PG, but unless he's willing to take a "CP3" discount for one year ($10M) AND OKC is willing to deal with us, it just isn't happening. LeBron has a much greater chance of coming here, weird saying it. Cleveland will be in full rebuild mode unlike OKC, willing to take our assets/pieces, willing to honor LeBron's wishes, willing to send him to the West.

With that being said, I understand any GM or owner would be crazy not to want him for their team. But, we should have beat GS without him, had 65 wins without him. The narrative now becomes "we had to acquire the second greatest player of all time to put Paul and Harden over the top?" Does he now carry them too according to the media? I guess you worry about that after the parade, but I'm just not a fan. Rather do it the harder way than have people loathe us or give us an "asterisk" title. I think we just need a better than serviceable 3rd point guard to put us over the top. Someone to come in and start 15-20 games for us and that will get actual playoff minutes. That wins us a title as well next year IMO.

slothy420 likes this.
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

to think there is even a slight chance that we have an offseason like:

sign DAJ to MLE
    S&T capela to LAC for tobias harris
    trade ryno, ego, picks for lebron

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Capela for DJ and Harris? No thanks.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Celts need an experienced guard. Kyrie not expendable. They would trade either Hayward or Horford to make room for Lebron.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That last one is hard to see happening.

amaru likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There’s a comedian—been awhile since I heard this bit—who, on a syndicated radio talk show, joked about Jim Rome being the “king of the pause”. He demonstrated it pretty well. Pretty funny. “He would say something and.....................then there would be..............a pause.” Also, king of the memo/fax: “I have a fax. It’s an important fax. Hot off the wire.” (Paper rustling) “It’s blank. I have just been handed a blank piece of paper. What?” (Paper rustling) “The fax is on the other side of the paper.”

That was 20 years ago. I didn’t even know Jim Rome was still working in media.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Hopefully it happens.

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

Why would he go back and play with Kyrie, Kyrie left to get away from him...makes no sense

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

They can trade Kyrie. Read my subsequent post. Believe me if LeBron wants to come to Boston, Ainge would move heaven and earth for him. As would any GM.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The warriors aren't going anywhere, is is staying and so is klay and everyone else is so they are destined to win 2 or 3 at least while they are there, at this stage of cp3 and hardens career am pretty sure all they care about is wining at any cost, they are future hall of famers and the only thing missing on their resume is the ring, I know cp3 and harden were capable of beating the warriors but we came up short, in order for you to contend with the warriors you need to get better every season who knows the warriors might acquire another all star player next season so getting LeBron is no brainer, you just go all out.

18. Nook

Nook Member

LeBron isn’t going to Boston.

Jim Rome has mellowed quite a bit and is incredibly rich.

If LeBron wants to come to Houston, Morey has the assets to make it happen.

No one knows where LeBron will end up (including LeBron).

19. JazzLakerHater

Wtf is this Boston talk? As long as Kyrie is there, there's no chance in hell that happens.

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Ok, but what does that mean in the end though!? The winner of the arms race is the team LeBron goes to! Great... Hope the NBA survives the nuclear winter...