1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver's tenure thus far

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The_Yoyo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Silver has been good with off-court issues like the Donald Sterling debacle and I think he has really tried to be a good commish (unlike Roger Goodell) but the problems with the officiating is something that will counteract any good he has done. If anything, I think the league is more rigged now than it was before Silver became commish.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

to be fair, he actually said "i know where the bodies are buried." plus he just seemed like a take no prisoners guy who got what he wanted. certainly think he would have pushed and cajoled to prevent the durant thing. assuming that was considered good for business. maybe it's not, but silver just gave some interview yesterday about the durant thing and said that, if anything, the 28 other owners were the ones who complained more (than the fans) about golden state and cleveland always making it to the finals. so if the owners don't like it, then it seems like silver should have done something about it.

but they aren't firing him, so maybe the owners just complain while they keep cashing 'dem checks.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

He definitely doesn’t have that pompous, villain-esque attitude that we’ve seen in a Goodell and Stern, I’ve actually enjoyed a lot of his on-air interviews.

Having said that, after this past WCF I find it very very hard to believe that the league and its officials are playing it fair. Whether it’s a league agenda to help out the warriors or the refs acting in their own interest, it really doesn’t make sense.

I’m not necessarily saying Silver himself is the lead conspirator, but as commissioner it’s his duty to find and fix whatever is going on.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like waiting til the end of the season to get the MVP named
    and I miss it when the MVP gets the award at his home arena during the playoffs

#65 tinman, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Warriors confirmed to win the next 6 championships as long as this clown is in office.

Jontro and roslolian like this.
  7. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

The NBA and their bs awards show robbed Harden, his teammates and us fans of a moment like this:

[​IMG]

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bullard > Ryan Anderson

roslolian likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Man if we had prime Bullard we would have our 3rd ring by now.

Jontro likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Inequality continues.

Jontro likes this.
  11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I always justify someone’s worth based on the market that precedes them. For example - auto manufacturers in America saw an influx of foreign cars being sold in America during the great bailouts. This was a market response to a terrible position by American auto makers.

So while Silver has exceedingly made the NBA (and basketball) more popular globally - under his helm, we’ve also seen at least 2 national basketball organizations formed.

This includes Ball’s basketball league as well as the BIG3.

Jontro likes this.
  12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Because the nba has always been the league of parity and having unexpected champions every year like the nfl?

Jontro likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

silver cheated the rockets out of a deserved championship. I say fugg him and his teacher sturn to the pits of hell.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

an all-star center just signed with 4 other all-stars for 25% of his market value. bang up job adam.

15. TheresTheDagger

I've never had less interest in the NBA than I have at this moment.

I don't know exactly how much Adam Silver had to do with this, but I suspect quite a bit.

BigDog63 and Entropy like this.
  16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Silver's biggest challenge and possible biggest accomplishment will be how he integrates sports gambling with the league. There's a lot he can do here but obviously it needs to be done right. If the game gets compromised in any way, he may be forced to resign.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

doubt he'll ever be forced out as long as he keeps the league profitable for the owners. plus the league has already been compromised since stern's 2000 era.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is Cousin's Daddy.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is beyond hell, fapping in his own bubble world.

Jontro likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If silver wants his finals ratings he better rig another series, this time with the warriors getting upset