1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver wants League Pass to be able to sell individual games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Feb 27, 2015.

1. what

what Member

I don't think yall understand what he is saying. I think Silver wants MORE blacked out games, regardless of your "teams." Like NBATV, but paying for these games now, which would devalue and dilute league pass even more.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see how you get that from his comment.

3. what

what Member

to me selling individuals games is counterproductive to leaguepass. It doesn't HELP league pass out at all. If you think silver is asking for this FOR the fans, I don't know what you are smoking.

He wants another excuse to blackout MORE games.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you mean changing the definition of Black Out? Right now, a black out game means the league sold the rights to another TV company. So, under that definition, of course he wants more black out games...because it means he sold more games to TNT, ESPN and ABC. And all fans want that, too.

But, like Mr. Clutch said, I don't understand if you are saying that he will black out League Pass games. What does that even mean? There will always be a full-ticket League Pass option, which right now equals, All Games that the NBA owns rights to. They are not going dilute that product.

5. Mr. Clutch

NBA League Pass gets blacked out sometimes. It doesn't CAUSE blackouts

6. what

what Member

I mean that if I want to watch memphis v okc, even if I have memphis as one of my teams, I have to PAY to get that game.

7. heypartner

I don't think what understands economics very well. If the league starts selling games via PPV pricing, then that means they could drop the Full-Ticket plan pricing.

This *only* helps fans.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You don't understand what. What silver wants is that if a game is trending in Twitter, fans can go to league pass and buy that game. He thinks that will increase sales

9. heypartner

:confused:

If you purchased MEM, then you will never get blacked out unless the game is on national TV, or your local area is blacked-out.

are you saying that your interpretation is a single-game purchase option means it's blacked-out to anyone who doesn't do single-game purchasing...like a Pay-Per-View boxing event?

nah

that's not it

10. Mr. Clutch

Yes exactly. Right now you have to sign up for a full season. Would be nice to sign up for a random big game if I feel like it.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The idea is that some people, like me, won't purchase league pass because we won't watch enough games to make it worth it. However, we might a random game or two if there is some push on Twitter that a player is going off or it's the game of a lifetime of something

12. gah

gah Member

what, an idiot.

13. what

what Member

yall still haven't explain how this HELPS league pass by allowing a customer to buy what they want instead of a full season.

14. Mr. Clutch

Why wouldn't it?

15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

These single game buyer's weren't going to buy League pass anyway. NBA needs more casual fans. Ratings are down except for Cleveland.