1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver: No big events in Texas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Feb 19, 2017.

1. raining threes

I didn't think that it should have to be noted.

I've been talking Stros baseball and have recently started talking Texans football regularly on this message board mixed in with a little Rox trade talk and this subject gets the most hits. Figures, I'm going to answer the othe 5 replies and be done with this topic. No minds are going to be changed.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Sports are a drop in the bucket as far as the economic impact goes, and your participation is negligible. Look at the corporate drawdown (expansion of facilities, etc...i.e. jobs) in NC for a small example of the potential downside to an economy on the scale of Texas'.

3. raining threes

If it wouldn't affect you, then why are you here making comments? Take your overreaction somewhere else. Nobody is getting blackmailed.[/QUOTE]

Because I enjoy talking sports with knowledgeable sports fans.

Threatening to take something away/$$$$ isn't blackmail?

It's the definition of blackmail.

4. raining threes

I'm aware of this.

I also read there have been studies done that have said that publicly funded stadiums helping the economy is a fraud. I dont have a link, I read this yrs ago when NRG was being discussed.

5. raining threes

?

You should visit the TT board and talk to members I've yaken to games. This yrs bill was $5,435.00 if that helps I just got it in the mail 2 weeks ago if that helps.

6. Buck Turgidson

Uh, yes. What does that have to do with the question at hand?

7. raining threes

My wife enjoys going to the games, I do as well.

Even got my wife to join a FF league. It makes my life easier.

I enjoy high school sports/college sports as much as I do professional sports.

If you had ever been over to watch a LSU night game, or a High school championship weekend you would understand. The final 4 last yr was great basketball the atmosphere was unbelievable.

8. raining threes

I thought we were talking about the financial impacts of these professional sports teams on their cities? Maybe I misunderstood.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The problem with people against this bathroom stuff is because they can't emphasize for a transgender or hermaphrodite. They only know male Vs female and haven't been in a situation some people face.

Instead of saying if I had a girl I wouldn't want a transgender in her bathroom, you should be saying if I had a hermaphrodite or a son that wanted to be female he/she should be allowed to be pee where he/she is comfortable.

But instead, most males would be ashamed of having a hermaphrodite and would disown their son instead of support him.

HakeemOnlyFan and Air Langhi like this.
  10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Only TT board I visit is called show palace

11. Buck Turgidson

Stadiums ain't got nuthin' to do with it. That's a whole different conversation.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nice job Silver to use your market power to drop the hammer on bigots who run Texas and the enablers who support them.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thank god. All Star Game is the most ghetto event. Please never come back to Houston.

LonghornFan likes this.
  14. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Because I enjoy talking sports with knowledgeable sports fans.

Threatening to take something away/$$$$ isn't blackmail?

It's the definition of blackmail.[/QUOTE]
    Go get a dictionary. You need one. At what point is money being demanded?? No one is being forced into anything, either. It's. Not. Blackmail. Looks like you've got your own alternative definition...

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No one was coming into the girls restrooms. It's a solution to a non existant problem meant to discriminate against a small minority.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Let me know when the NBA stops holding events in Boston.

But seriously, this will never pass, it's a show-bill by the Lt. Gov to make his idiots happy.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol. The galleria was insane all star weekend.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm with you on this.

I don't know much about the trans community but putting two and two together I find it hard to believe that a man who identified as a women would want to rape a woman just logic right??

Wouldn't it be the opposite, wouldn't they be attracted to men? (And no I don't think trans women want to rape men)

I don't get why people care so much about this topic. gay/trans people are not going to effect anyones life there normal ppl.

There's bigger problems in the world than trying to keep trans ppl out of a restroom. It's getting a little ridiculous.

Like I told my gay cousin, I don't want to see you making out with your boyfriend just like I don't want to see my brother making out with his girlfriend.

And you know what he said.... your right.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I feel sorry for your daughter. Having such a closed minded parent must be really hard.

20. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

FACEPALM. This is NOT about politics. Intolerance and discrimination does not have a place in the 21st century. Not sure how many more years it's going to take for people to realize this.