1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I see why so many people like Mike and Mike.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Matt and Adam are really hit or miss for me. I gave them the benefit of the doubt do to them starting a new show during a sports lull. But that BS this morning really pissed me off. There was a weekend full of GREAT football, and they let that go to waste. Talking about gum and calling MT just for the hell of it, WTF was that? We'll see how they handle it coming off the Texans game on tomorrow morning. Funny is cool, but silly and goofy ain't my thing. I should have known better when they revealed the name of thier show. But I'll give it at least another week.

#42 HR Dept, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

If you are in Dallas then you're doing it wrong.

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Thank you

5. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I hate selling out to national shows but i agree. granato and lance werent imformative but they had awesome chemistry. rich lord knew to shut up and let charlie lead. matt jackson is overrated but he was perfect next to adam. Lance and adam have no structurd and i dont see it improving.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In the morning, it's as if 610 and 790 colluded to match their commercial times with ESPN97.5.

7. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

i listen for imformation. its pretty arrogant to say you know more than them, but like most people i form my own opinion. i also listen to know what the genral public is thinking, although i'm sorry houston sports show callers do tend to suck but when there is a debate like who should the texans draft i like to listen.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why? A lot of these guys in local sports radio are imports from other areas, being someone that has followed houston sports my whole life, I know a lot more about the local teams than them. Not to mention, plenty of them have no more background than I do when it comes to sports, why should err take matter? Just because you host a radio show does not make you a sports expert, plenty of fans are far more nowledgable. I have a friend who hosts a local show here for espn Radio Denver and I am routinely correcting him just in casual conversation.

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

I listened to a little bit this morning, just the part was when Lance asked Adam

"So what were some things from this weekend of football that you noticed?"

Adam's response

"The Green Bay and 49ers game was good and I didn't see the UT game because I was at a concert"

Really? All the games this weekend and that's the most insightful information you can come up with?

I like Lance's football acumen but I have really stopped listening to 790 recently.

10. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

i didn't want to say this, but i've been on this board before and you think you know more than everyone. these guys have access you don't have

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Regarding the Rockets, not all radio hosts are created the same. It's obvious which ones actually watch all the games and who doesn't. A few years ago there was one moron (who I haven't listened to since) that was clueless. I'll leave it at that. Besides myself, I could name at least 10-20 people here who knew way more about the Rockets than this clown did. It was also apparent he didn't watch much NBA besides the Rockets. So much of what he said was off track it was embarrassing (for him).

It wasn't arrogant to think I knew more about the Rockets and the NBA than he did. It was a fact. Some guys on the radio are lazy, don't prep well and think they can fool hard core fans. They can't.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    having access and using it effectively are two different things

Rocket River

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Matt and Adam with Zierlein were entertaining and managed to mostly keep it sports related. Charlie despite being drier with Lance at least kept him on point in the afternoons... I didn't mind the loss in humor from Zierlein. I actually typically turned it off when Charlie was out.

Clanton's just a distraction. The proper gentlemen nonsense while stealing Matt's stuff while accusing Matt of stealing their stuff is annoying/hypocritical. I mainly liked morning radio for catching up on the stuff around the different leagues that I don't specifically search out/wander across during the day online, but at this point think it's back to silence in the morning for me.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Exactly what's happened to me, and I'm someone who swore off 610 entirely over the past couple of years. Unfortunately, half the time I think to switch over to 790 after work there's a damn Astros game on.

790 done f**ked up.

15. conquistador#11

Seems like everyone , with the exception of seth, russian, charlie P and M.T pretty much suck.

I Was flipping all over the stations to here texans, seems like everyone was more concerned about A&M. Nothing wrong with that i guess, but why weren't they talking Aggies non stop 2 years ago? that's pretty much what is wrong with these guys. Just go on whatever the new fad is and ride it like charlie sheen rides hookers.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The aggies weren't in contention for a national championship with a heisman winner on the team 2 years ago. The reality is that most days there isn't that much new sports news to discuss that is going to have any local interest, so the same few topics that the callers bring up are discussed over and over again in different variations, unless a big story just broke that day, in which case it will be discussed over and over again instead.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The callers dictate the programming.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

You simply can't go wrong with Charlie P

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm pretty much a radio orphan at this point.

John and Sean have moved back into the lead spot for me.

Lance and Clanton is too much of the same thing. The "we're not gonna do voices" thing lasted all of 3 days. If ever a show needed a "Charlie" or "Wexler", this is it. Someone that'll pull the reigns and steer the show back on track. Some fun/entertainment is good in moderation, but their show just falls off the rails way too easily.

MT whenever I get to listen to him is still the same, so that's fine.
    Charlie is still ok in 15 minute bursts.

The watering down of Houston sports radio has finally gone too far.

Edit: I guess I'm not done. And I know most of these guys and know they will read this. But it's gotta be said.

Lance can sometimes be that guy that reigns the show in, but it seems it's only if they're way zanier/off the wall than whatever he's doing at the time. But when there is a 1:1 ratio of increase in the funny/crazy/zany level of the show, they seem to think it balances out but it doesn't.

Clanton, even if you leave out the voices, is very much on a Zierlein path radio-wise (maybe not so much football scouting-wise). It seems after modeling himself after Rome to start, he started to sneak a little Lance into his style, and he doesn't seem like the person who'll stop Lance when he goes off course, but rather encourage him to keep going. He's a huge Rockets fan, so I know the Rockets will be discussed later this season to an extent. It just the Rome style of his delivery and be 120% adamant-not-to-care for certain things, and the CONSTANT Twitter talk, just doesn't work for me. Rome impressions worked back on his own show back in the day on 610, and I truly think with a change in how the broadcast is being delivered would help him, especially carving out a spot in what is now a 100% football dominated station (as opposed to the 80% it was before since at least Matt/Wexler were able to discuss the Rockets/NBA among other sports.

Hopefully they can develop some chemistry, cause despite them seeming to get along just fine (and I'm sure they do), that's not exactly the same as chemistry.

I have a similar chemistry problem w/ Sean/Granato, who seemingly, individually, paired well with any other host they've ever had to co-host with, but I dunno, they don't seem to work as well. Though "as well" means paired up with Lance and John Harris, the latter of which was was some weird freak occurrence because despite being totally new to the radio world, the chemistry was always there for Sean and Harris, it was the experience that lacked for the first few months.

I'm rambling, I need to stop.

Spotify dominates my drives.

#59 Miguel, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm basically done with Adam and Lance. And, I guess, sports radio in general.... Though I prob will tune into Charlie once or twice a week. I'll be depending on ClutchFans and Twitter for my sports news/talk. I just had SiriusXM added to the head unit in my truck so that I dont have to stream it from my phone anymore, it's all Hip Hop Nation and Shade 45 for my commute now.