1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nero

Nero Member

Damn dude, your takes are so bad, it's almost parody at this point.

By the way, your avatar image is perfect, it looks exactly the way you come across in the word things you type on your keyboard thing.

arkoe likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is not even about real football.

Lance is terrible as the title states. It hates him to see the Rockets succeed or make any kind of playoff run because it means he has to wait that much longer to get back to egg ball talk.

If that is your kind of radio personality, then so be it. I will never be a fan of someone who deep down wants the Rockets to suck so he can push his egg ball agenda.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I don't like his take either but the football focus was actually one of the reasons for the release.

He was not pulling as many sponsors as MT (surprising to me) and the guests/discussion only became focused when football was discussed.

The LZ thing I know is fact, but this is speculation...I think ND and Koch are out as well.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I heard the same thing, also lance isn't looking to be on radio anytime soon after his contract expires in august

5. the shark

the shark Member

THIS^^^^^^^^

marks0223 likes this.
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh...i thought it was just a character he played. :oops:

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

These local guys move around so much that I don't know how you guys can even keep up. Or why you would bother.

CourtOfDreams likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whoa!

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I like Lance. He's my favorite local sports radio personality. I suppose he's carved out enough from his coverage of the NFL and the NFL draft at this point to build a career around, regardless if he's on local radio. He's an NFL Network contributor frequently.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a full time gig now as a NFL guy.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Word is he's going into business with a guy to expand his Discount Sushi Emporium.

K mf G and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You learned a new word watching Silicon Valley, gratz.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good morning Houston. Wake up with Josh Innes!
    • According to multiple sources, morning host Lance Zierlein has informed 790 executives that he will let his contract expire this summer thus making him a free agent. Both parties are said to be interested in continuing a part-time relationship but whether or not that will come to fruition remains to be seen.
    • With Zierlein leaving, BSM has learned that 790 plans to move Josh Innes into morning drive. The change isn’t expected to occur until the summer, just in time for football season. Innes’ move earlier in the day will create an opening in afternoons. Sources I spoke with said former host Charlie Pallilo is not expected to be part of the new afternoon mix.
    • The one situation which will be clarified soon is Matt Thomas’ role with 790. Thomas is currently paired with Zierlein on the morning show and contributes as a public address and radio play by play announcer for the Houston Rockets. It’s possible the station could shift him to afternoons or return him to a midday position. Sources close to the situation were unsure of the station’s plans for him but said he would not be paired with Innes.

TMac'n likes this.
  14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This is fine...this is fine...

15. jae713

jae713 Member

Innes in the morning? Barf...Well, I'm done with 790.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

TMac'n likes this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Matt Thomas back on his own is a good thing. Hopefully Ross is paired up with him again

mikol13, BigMaloe, SWTsig and 5 others like this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. If Innes moves to the mornings, I'll have to start listening to NPR in morning. Unless Palilo starts doing the mornings on 97.5 FM once Mike & Mike are gone

SportsMT in the afternoon would be awesome.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dude barely works anyways. Seems like half of the time I turn on their morning show he's out with another illness.

Anyways, no idea what to listen to in the mornings now, guess I'll go back to Stern and his 10 shows a year. No way in hell am I waking up to listen to Innes. What a horrible decision, but it's 790 so it's expected.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Matt and Lance are the only ones I listen to with any regularity, shame (though I do think Matt was better in midday and I bet he'll love not having to do mornings during basketball season). I like that they have a good pulse on life as Houston sports fan, and contrary to popular belief I don't think Lance focuses too much on football. That is his specialty but he talks plenty of Astros and Rockets.

Maybe Lance will do an hour a week podcast or come in studio once a week. And hopefully someone hires Palillo.

jae713 and arkoe like this.