1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think that was Tuesday. It was the day that Lance spent much of the show holding a bag of frozen vegetables on his eye because his wife poked him in the eye on accident.

He did a little pirate bit for Matt Thomas' Periscope that morning, so I'm just assuming he did so on the air as well.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Sean Jones is the man!

He just won 790 back a lunchtime listener.

3. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

I'm a fairly new listener to 790, but I gotta give Lance his props. I heard him do a Matthew Mcconaughey impression a while ago that seriously had me fooled for a minute. It was great radio. He also did a Dan Dierdorf a few weeks ago that made me chortle.

However, comedy is not his only talent. He has serious football knowledge and I respect his scouting reports on whomever. Mike Mayock was on this morning and Lance held his own without a doubt.

Further, he, along with Matt, know the Astros intimately and actually talk baseball. 610 never mentions the Astros. Although, I believe the 610 program director tells them not to spend much time on the Rockets or Astros, as they are the Texans flagship station.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

love proper gentlemen but it really has nothing to do with their sports knowledge, lulz.

wanted to ****ing punch greg cook during their show today. oblivious misogynists are sad. dumbass conservative soccer moms should also not be given a platform to blithely spout off about gender equality. (btw - not the matt thomas kind of "misogynist"... :p)

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What did Koch say today? I mean, clearly from his Uncle Greg stories the guy is pretty much a womanizer, but was there something that happened today that was somehow worse?

6. conquistador#11

as a young attractive latina/black female, I would definitely drop my panties for

[​IMG]

uncle greg smh

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lance can do voice impersonations and talk O-Line football. That's basically all he brings. He has no knowledge on Basketball or Baseball.

Matt Thomas is my fav on 790. He makes it entertaining and knows how to back his stuff up.

Charlie Pallilo knows his stuff but damn he makes you fall asleep and the most debbie downer when it comes to anything Houston related. I don't think I've heard him ever give props to anyone.

8. magman

magman Member

He said there are things that women shouldn't do, like going into battle for the military or coaching football. He gave some awful examples, it was cringe worthy radio.

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Think McConaughey was actually Adam Clanton. Anything else would have been Lance.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Matt and Lance have been awesome so far. And Sean and Adam are getting better as well. This was a perfect move by 790

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clanton does a great McConaughey and Jim Rome. I think he does some other voices too but those are the ones that I've heard him do that were spot on.

I was actually fooled one time when Clanton opened up his show doing the Jim Rome voice and pretending that Jim Rome was somehow hosting a local radio show as a fill-in. The impression is that good. He let it go for a solid 5 minutes before he broke character.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

haha my god that looks like a still of mr. show.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lance continues to be absolute garbage and is dragging Matt down. He is hands down the worst on 790.

I listened from about 7.10 to 7.50 on my drive to work and there was not a single minute where they talked sports. It was a just a bunch of random stuff like morning wood carving and about their kids, being the older sibling etc. This is no longer a sports show. Gross.

I don't who the F Sean Jones is so I have never listened to him. Clanton will always be the 2nd worst after Lance

I'll just stick to Charlie P, the only guy on 790 who actually talks sports.

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Less Lance, more Matt.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This. Or just eliminate Lance and let Matt have his own show like he used to. Matt and Ross was great.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Lance is still doing his lame voices shtick? Who does he think he is, Phil Hendrie?

Pallilo is literally the only guy in town I can stand (especially now that I have Sirius). I've been following Charlie around the dial for decades.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

To be fair, there isn't really a lot to discuss that hasn't been beaten to death (or won't be in the coming months).

-Rockets underachieving, no defense, nothing new to discuss

-Texans draft over 2 months away

-Super Bowl has been discussed ad nauseam since Monday

FWIW they talked Rockets for most of the ~20 minutes that I listened during the 6am hour. I like Pallilo but at times like this he is often a broken record - I've heard his take on Cam's postgame twice in limited listening and the same goes for the Astros 1B situation.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Are you on a first-name basis with the Tidy-Bowl Man?

You should be.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

And I dig it and so do many others. Everything "local sports" has been beaten to death and now that the SB is over we're in the dog days with really no sports to even talk about that's meaningful. Like the poster above said, the Rox are an embarrassment so I could not care less to hear about the same thing over and over, what's wrong with the team, etc. Football is over. Baseball is 2 weeks away from Spring training. We don't do hockey.

Get Sirius for your sports talk or listen to another channel. Honestly you really don't do much on this site besides b**** and moan about so much ****, excluding your McHale hate. You need some Benzo's or some herbal inhalant. I bet you love Critical Mass. You probably carry the radio.

20. conquistador#11

FTW is out of luck since he hates eggball so much, usually that's 70% of sports talk. For checkered round ball i like to listen to Sirius xmfc just to check in how the players are doing. I don't really like any league, since the deepest pocketbook teams do the best. Taking other countries talents to assemble dream teams pssh.

Oh and carlos delgado once upon time played broomball