1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Actors that play the same person in every single movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think the past few posts qualifies under that...

Can you really watch a movie with Ice Cube acting in it, and NOT see that its "Ice Cube" ? As compared to Ice-T, who even though he's usually the similar guy with the "street connections" he's at least tried to mix it up acting (and musically).

But including people who TURNED INTO actors after they originally werent is too easy. Not many Will Smith types who can quit their day jobs to be convincing actors.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

5 pages and no Owen Wilson?? (I can't see pics, so maybe someone has mentioned him)

Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston should be #1 and #2 on this list. I can't believe they are actually in a movie together right now. I can't even think of the name of the movie because it seems like it's already been made 20 times before.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Denzel Washington, of course. :eek: He thinks he's the boss in every movie, and he NEVER loses, except when he gets what he wants and then gets shot, because that's the best way to win (Training Day). In every movie, he has one sad face... he never does a different sad face... it's always the puppy eyes with the eyebrows down, mouth curved down, lips trembling and jaw out.

Philadelphia: "I'm the boss here! I am the lawyer who knows everything. Everyone listen to me. Mmm-hahaaaaa!"

Remember the Titans: "I'm the boss here! I am the coach who knows everything. Is football funny to you? No, it isn't. EVERYONE! Listen to me. Mmmm-hahaaaaa!!"

Man on Fire: "I'm the boss here! I am the best bodyguard even if I am black and in Mexico. Is bodyguarding funny to you? Nope. EVERYONE! EscĂșchenme. Mmmmm-jajajajaaaaaaa!!!" [croak].

Much Ado About Nothing: "I'm the boss here! I am the best Shakesperean actor in the play. Is playing Shakespeare funny to you? Nope. Everyone doth listeneth to me-eth. MMMM. Mmm-hahaaaaa-eth."

Training Day: "I'm the boss here in this cop car, rookie! Do you have a peepee? Then you're a man. I am the best cop in this story, rookie. Is playing cop funny to you? Nope. Everyone, including you, SNOOP DOGGY DRUG DEALER, listen to me. Listen. King Kong ain't got nothing on me! Ha-haaaaaaaa! [licks chops]"

John Q: (I haven't seen the movie but I am sure it goes something like this) "I'm the boss in this hospital! I am the best father guy in this story! Is hospitaling funny to you? Nope. Hey, cops, don't shoot me. Listen to me. MMMM-hahaaa!"

:p Yes, he's the same guy. Bossy loudmouth.

4. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Jim Carey and Anthony Hopkins

5. VanityHalfBlack

Damn that dime is fine!!!! I sure would love to whiten her teeth with my bodily fluids... Gargle and swallow baby, gargle and swallow and set sailing like a semen....

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

How could everybody forget about me.....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was about to post this. I kept going through these pages amazed no reference was being made to cruise

8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Winner, without a doubt. A good actor, but I think there was a comedy skit or a comedian that made fun of him for always playing the same character every movie: The young looking lead actor who just can't quite figure things out.

"Whoa.. I'm..in the Matrix?"
    "Whoa..I'm..a Devil's Advocate?"
    "Whoa.. I'm..in an excellent adventure with Bill?"

9. Fatty FatBastard

I think you missed the "Serpentine Nose" comment in post #31.

10. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

He always plays a midget, no range at all.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's a picture from the remake version, directed by John Singleton.

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Jackie Chan always playing that guy who knows alot of martial arts

13. VanityHalfBlack

Hahhaha, true but you have to give action stars the pass because what do you expect from those guys??? The action stars are the special effects and CGI..

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Chris Tucker makes movies?

15. raj87

raj87 Member

Not an actor, however I have not seen a movie where the year 2012 isn't associated with apocalyptic scenarios.

16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

The monologue in that movie alone.

Christ.

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Gary Oldman is incredible in "Nobody's Baby"...completely hilarious and totally unrecognizable

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UREMH2nJhhc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I always felt sorry for Alfonso Arau - he quit acting to become a director because he was always typecast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think outside of the elite A-List actors and actresses in Hollywood, EVERYBODY is type-cast. You have to be in order to create a niche in which you can guarantee yourself work. It's called paying your dues. 99% of actors in Hollywood are lucky to just be cast in something PERIOD....they aren't going to be picky as to what role they want to play. And for the A-listers themselves even, nobody just came in and gave people like DeNiro, Pacino, Susan Sarandon, or Julia Roberts these broad arrays of characters to play....they had to earn it by taking bit roles, and working their way up.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What do I win?
    [​IMG]