1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I won't lie, I pushed a MLM product before (Prepaid Legal). I sold it on the side while I was already going door-to-door for The Southwestern Company (http://www.southwestern.com/). I actually DID make some $$ from pushing the product, but would have had to sign folks up under me (pipeline) to really get paid. I didn't feel like putting in the work to make that happen but can see how the ones who do can make $$.

Aside from ACN what I see a lot of now, especially in the black community, is some coffee/tea brand. I know a few folks selling that and they seem to be doing ok.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you're an insurance salesman or something and you can easily and subtly push an MLM product on someone (the direct sales kind) then why not. A little extra income and you don't get into the downline building pee-pee game. I don't think anyone looks at Mary Kay as being the devil like they do typical MLMs, although they are just as annoying.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you must be referring to Organo Gold. it's not just the black community. a few hispanic acquaintances on my FB page have been spamming the hell out of it.

i used to sell life insurance for Primerica. I made some money with the product but like you I couldn't get people to sign up. One of the guys I started it with did stick with it and is now a legitimate RVP. I have a lot of respect for him.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A friend who I haven't talked to in a year just called me about some 'opportunity'. So I said I couldn't check it out, cause I was busy.

Did some facebook investigation and noticed it was ACN.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

anytime someone mentions "opportunity" it's an MLM presentation.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

my brother-in-law tried to get me involved.. i told him thanks, but no thanks!

people think it's a quick way to make money... i'm not saying that it's not possible to make money but it's going to take time, a lot of hard work and it requires marketing/saling skills to recruit people. they're better off sticking to their regular 9 to 5.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

facebook showed me she was doing ACN. I guess she said business or something like that.

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I would feel like **** if I convinced my family, extended, family, friends, and community members to switch to overpriced telcommunications services.

Its basically like pilfering a few cents here and there off of everyone to make a buck. Yeah sure you make some scrill but you're just making ACN and Donald Trump richer at your loved ones' expense.

shameful, kinda

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I noticed on fb a few of my friends kept posting pictures of luxury cars saying "one day we'll be driving these" and stuff like that. I also saw the mr Alexander pictures too haha.

Apparently one guy is 24 and just got a nice new BMW. Whether it is rented or leased I don't know. But he "seems" to be making some $$$. He says he makes over 100k and he just started at ACN over a year ago. I don't know if he is actually making that or he is just lying to keep up his image.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Met these guys. They front big time.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fake it until you make it and attraction marketing. Pee-pee game.

12. likestohypeguy

Since they're close enough to you to offer the opportunity in the first place, & considering how rich they've become as a consultant/analyst, I'm sure they wouldn't mind loaning you the $500 franchise fee. It's not like you won't be able to pay them back with your first billion dollar dividends check, like they guaranteed is coming if you just grind 11/7.

Most people don't have a billion dollars because most people don't want a billion dollars!

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah just get a loan. What is you? Ignant?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What you mean?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

they fake their success

16. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I know a guy that is involved in a company called Primerica. Supposedly they do life insurance, but from the way I've heard him talk about it, it's one of these types of companies. He's always going on and on about recruiting and it's really all he ever seems to do.

He quit a steady job a couple of years back to join this company. He always posts on Facebook about how it's the greatest decision he ever made, but I'm never sure if he means it or if he's just trying to project that he's happy.

17. blink

blink Contributing Member

Why dont people just work for a living. Blows my mind. Do something useful for society

18. Classic

Classic Member

Funny. A guy in the elevator in my office building a while back pitched me Primerica. It was literally an elevator speech.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Primerica is mentioned three times on this page alone.

methinks some of you are on the inside...

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

People don't want a real job anymore. They want a cool job. It's not cool to bust your ass anymore.