1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

My Uncle in Houston is into an MLM scam. Worse part is that it's endorsed by Houston athletes. Run away.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Aren't all these new fitness products just MLM schemes?

Ive seen a few friends get suckered into that. I mean, they have made a positive change in their life (Physically), but it seems their only goal now is to sucker people into their "network" as their consultants or advisors.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly.
    My Red Flag is when the focus more on recruitment than their product

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL. I have been to two of these meetings
    at 1, I was tech support [or so I thought] . . .. but i was another victim
    "Help me set up for this meeting . . .. . you should stay!"

yea. . . i know friends who fell out over it
    I mean the guy basically came out and just said IF YOU WERE MY FRIEND YOU WOULD DO THIS!!!
    [not to me]
    but . . .. I would have been furious if a 'friend' said some bull***** like that to me

That was some of the lowest crap I had ever heard . . . . .

Rocket River

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depends on the model. Sometimes it's direct sales/MLM hybrid so you could technically make money without recruiting and from what I've seen on Facebook the people using Advocare seem to have all lost a ton of weight. They're still losers though. Suckers.

1 person likes this.
  6. Antec

Antec Member

I get that same feeling. On their facebook walls and twitters they constantly just post quotes about how failing is just not trying hard enough. Or about how you cannot be unemployed if you are not an employee. Or about how the world is against us because they are blind and don't see the vision yet, and how they have to stick together to dominate the world....

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is it Advocare? I've been approached by some coworkers about that. But I do a terrible job of disguising my emotions so they tend to see the disgust in my face and the shame I feel on their behalf. So they leave me alone about it nowadays.

I noticed that too, but then the weight came back on. From what I've read it seems like a decent diet if you abide by it. By you can have the diet without getting involved in an MLM.

8. Antec

Antec Member

Rofl it feels like déjà vu. People at the meeting I attended asked them what the $499 was for and the ACN people themselves even didn’t know what it was for. All they said it was to become your own independent business owner (which costs like $10 to register a business with your city) and the other part was to become certified to sell their products (electricity, other utilities, cell phones, cable, internet, etc). But the problem is none of them know anything about any of the products they sell, all they say is they have a storefront (website) where you refer people to go to and they can check out the rates and services there. WTF? They don’t know anything about any of their services, and all they do is tell you to check out a website with rates on it? What is the difference between going to their website and going to the AT&T website?

Better yet…I checked out some of their websites for like cell phone rates, electricity, and cable tv…all the rates were either EXACTLY the same if not more expensive than the rates offered by the same exact companies? So what exactly makes me want to sign up for any of their services? I will have to break my current agreements, buy new equipment, go through the hassle of singing up for new service … only to pay even more and get tied into an even longer contract? WTF

I've noticed all of the guys that were there kept referring to each other a Mr. This and Mr. That during the presentation. And I also noticed after they kept using the words BRO and BRAH a lot…

They tried to get me to sign up for some Business Assistant that was $39.99 a month. I asked then what it was for and they told me to helps you keep track of your customers. They showed me their business assistants…all it was…was webpage that shows who your customers and who the people you recruited are…aren’t you supposed to know that anyways?

9. Antec

Antec Member

So here is something funny that I found out.

Mister Alexander of the Houston Texans joined ACN. All these people I know who are in it started taking pictures with him when he joined and all over their facebook walls they were commenting about how "even Texans players joined and see the vision". They were all bragging about how they are dominating Texas, and pro athletes are joining them.

2 weeks later Mister Alexander gets cut by the Texans and these guys are still pushing hard about how Houston Texans are all joining ACN. When it was only 1 person to begin with and his ass got cut.

ROFL...maybe he tried to run his idea past Kubiak and the team, tried to get them all to sign up, and his ass got cut.

:p

10. Antec

Antec Member

After the meeting I told the 6 people that I know that I didn't want to do it, and they said its cool they understand. Since then I have yet to talk to any of them. None of them have bothered to message me or call me.

Funny thing is...before the meeting I was getting almost 50+ text messages a day from them telling me how excited they were for me and how we were going to dominate and take over Texas. These guys would call me at 2AM in the morning telling to to make a list of people that I know and I should invite them to come with me.

Now....nothing. Rofl.

Looks like if you aren't with them, then you are not worth their time.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yup, I know everything about MLM man, I'm telling you.

People probably assumed I was joking when I said they use those words... not joking.

What's funny is that MLM companies usually just hand tools like that to their "consultants" to use as an added service when it's really nothing special.

The fact is, most MLM company's use a SaaS tool run their entire business. It manages their own accounting, lead database, emails, payouts and tracks downlines. Services like those come with a portal that "consultants" can view using a unique ID and password.

So basically you're covering the costs for the MLM company's own internal tool while you're actually getting close to nothing for. Again, the startegy here is to tack-on frivolous subscription services, that's how you rack up the money on the corporate level. The MLM company is branding something they require to run their own business in such a way that you have to pay for it.

Y'all are some bozos. What else you guys need to know about MLM? How to lose your friends in 15 days, max out your credit card in 30 or ruin your marriage in 45? If you've got questions I've got answers.

You'd be an idiot to join one. You'd be a freaking genius to start one.

#51 Ziggy, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I know a lot of teenage college kids who got sucked in. Many of them have parents that are well off and could afford to throw away a few hundred bucks and never really participated in it past that. Almost all of them are gullible kids who don't have much knowledge on anything. So one decent, energetic presentation will be enough to empty their pockets. Hell even my EX-gf took part. She said she was curious about their business model. I told her she was an idiot and it's a scam. Anyways, we don't communicate anymore.

One funny thing was that the same dude that gave me a presentation lent me this CD (didn't even give it to me). I schitte you not, he said I should gather my whole family in our family room, pop in the CD, and listen to this great, one-hour long, motivational lecture about his MLM organization. Then ask them what they think. I immediately let out a small chuckle. I would have laughed at his face with saliva squirting out and everything had I not held back.

Are these MLM people really that stupid? I don't get it. Some of the ideas they spit out are ridiculous. This CD thing is one of many. Gather around my family and listen to a lecture? What is this, 1940?

Also calling in the middle of the night? Asking at least 5 times a day to meet up, pick me up, etc.? Yeah that's not weird at all, brah.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Inspirational stories, non-stop phone calls, cult-like mentality, put more on the line than you get, gullible people, no thinking for yourself, brainwashing, lose friends, lose family, lose marriages. MLM'ers, US Military recruiting office - same ****.

14. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Lol yea I had my friend try to convince me to buy electricity from ACN, I told him it was a scam and then we argued then I stopped and he just kept going. I mean I have a couple buildings I think that's why he was targeting me.

Then I just kept saying look don't waste your time doing this and he kept saying how I don't understand the numbers. I think you guys are right that whatever they do they like brainwash these ppl and make them think the whole world is against them. He quit his job to do this after like hearing about it for 2 weeks. SMH.

Hes like trying to recruit my friends and like even asking ppl to buy a service and he will pay them for it, he just wants to get to the next level.

Another thing is that he said he made 3000 in the first week of doing this. I was like sure brah, whatever you want.

15. David Stern

David Stern Member

Reading this hurt my head:eek:

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes these people are scammers. I get approached by them at the starbucks on memorial dr. every monday where they meet to scam people. It's always a bunch of asians chillin outside. The leader was quite rude to us when he overheard us calling it a pyramid scheme.

17. Classic

Classic Member

So sorta related, I logged on LinkedIn and it had Rudy Tomjanovich on the top right as a 'person you may know'

Put my cursor over his name and I had forgotten, even Rudy T endorses a MLM. I had a couple people approach me since I know a lot of people through my gym. I'm sure you've seen the magnetic bracelets around:

http://www.cieaura.com/index.html

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yeah...that's the one.

Google it. Plenty of controversy and illegal in at least two places I know of (Israel & Australia).

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MLM'ers on LinkedIn are the BEST! Their titles are always things like "life coach", "success mentor", "internet marketing visionary", "CEO at Success Unlimited", "Director of Happiness and Smiles at P&Q sales", or "Top Producer at [insert MLM name here].

All those pee-pee game titles to tell the world you don't have a real job and don't get health insurance, sweet. LinkedIn is for professionals not people living in their parents' basement.

Rudy is just collecting a check for an endorsement not running seminars at Dunkin Donuts, more power to him.

20. Classic

Classic Member

Dude, you're so right. I've had many a good laughs actually about the MLM'ers on LinkedIn. You should check out the Ambit forum. HILARIOUS when they fight amongst themselves.