1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Penn and Teller Bull$h!t on MLM is pretty good.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The MLM I worked for paid off well known financial analysts, published authors, national news TV personalities, politicians and even an athlete for endorsements. This is how it works, you pay someone, then they endorse your product or service regardless of if it's any good. Mind blowing. I'd love for an MLM'er to try and recruit me, I'd probably be able to make them kill themselves.

3. Antec

Antec Member

Yea thats what it seemed like. They kept referring to Donald Trump over and over and over. It always seemed like they were his #1 fan from the information.

I looked into the video someone recommended, it was pretty good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sXnEXXVG8u4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Antec

Antec Member

So did you ever join Amway? If it was a viable option did you take advantage?

5. thejav

thejav Member

no i didnt join..but i know a couple of people who are making a good amount of money with it..

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

How many books do you have to buy before you meet Tom Cruise?

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Hey look in your rep. I wanted to see if you went to my high school. I know at least 5-6 people doing the same thing on facebook.

1 person likes this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I got suckered into attending one once. They came to my college, saying they were hiring college kids. I met for the "presentation". I immediately knew what it really was. Then they said we had to write checks for $299 etc. I stood up, grabbed a piece of pizza....and walked out.

Those things suck.

9. Antec

Antec Member

I responded. I think they are trying to target a bunch of people we all prob know lol.

10. Antec

Antec Member

What exactly makes people just want to write a $499 check and then sign up for their own services and pay for other monthly fees?

Basically they make you pay....
    $499 for "membership" so you can be your own independent business owner
    $39.99 a month for 2 years for a online "business assistant"
    $24.99 a month for 2 years for a VOiP Phone Adapter
    + additional services...
    + flight, hotel, event tickets 4 times a year to international meetings

I think people think its just $499 so they sign up and then later realize they are dishing out thousands each ear. Is that where all the extra money comes from? People signing up for their own services and basically "PAY TO STAY"?

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Greed turns so many people into desperate and petty scumbags.

12. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Ha to answer your rep... Yes.

13. Antec

Antec Member

I can understand if they think $499 can make them a 5 figure earner in a month, aka get rich quick scheme.

But how do they get fooled into paying for all their other services?
    Does the whole monthly payment think really not click to these people? Do they not realize the $499 is nothing compares to how much money they are forking over each month for the next 2 years?

14. Antec

Antec Member

15. Antec

Antec Member

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the new sexy MLM is Organo Gold. it's all the same thing. you have to be a different kind of person to succeed at these things. i know ONE guy who did. everyone else has failed.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It's a Pyramid Scheme. You have to recruit and recruit. If there focus is on recruiting and not the products......there is your answer. And asking for $500 right after a video presentations..........lol.

18. TISNF

TISNF Member

It's just sad that there's a lot of selfish, uneducated, lazy Americans looking for shortcuts and more than willing to w**** out themselves and use their friends and family for personal profit.

So dishonest, and I consider these people among the scum of the Earth (I've been approached by a couple of friends with similar schemes).

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I did Amway years ago. Like others mentioned, it could work for some but for most it won't. But the people get very cultish. They constantly push you to just hang out with other Amway people. 'Why hang out with people who will just tell you that you will fail at this?'

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not sure about what they're offering at $499 but basically MLM's come up with an assortment of pee-pee games labeled basically as a business in a box coupled with support.

So they say, hey it's only $499 to run your business and you don't need to pay rent on a storefront, we give you training, etc... if you're dumb enough to see it in that light then yeah, paying a fee to become the CEO of your own company seems like a deal.

Plus, these jabronis are about to show you how easy it's done. Soon you too will be applying Rogaine to your balding head, wearing an affliction shirt with no buttons buttoned and saying things you're way too old to be saying like "brah".

What they're actually selling you for a subscription fee is rarely anything of value. We once had a copywriter come up with random ass fluff material designed to make you a better person in all facets of life (lulz). This copywriter pulled it out of his ass in about 2 months (he's great), we used famous "life coaches" to endorse it and we sold that thing online as a course for about, I dunno, $99/mt I think. That's just one component of it.

THE BEST PART! You had to complete the entire course before you could ever even talk about any sort of refund. Ha! Genius.

Subscription services for pee-pee games = miniscule recurring income for everyone else yet a significant hit to your income. Y'all are MLM'ers are some suckers man. Easy money. Even the ones that actually make money are losers simply biding their time until whatever company they're selling for goes out of business.