1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the funny thing is DiggerNick must have spent at least 30 minutes writing that essay, and no one even bothered to read or respond to him, and it would have stayed that way until today's bump.

1 person likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol at Diggernick. Poor guy. Most be hard to go through life as a moron.

After reading some of daggernick's magnum opus, I will retract my statement about him being a moron. He is more accurately labeled a scumbag.

#362 Haymitch, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Waiting on Antec. Any second now.

4. Classic

Classic Member

OH, ok, so most of the money is made through recruiting and the $499 fee. Got it brah.

5. PointForward

PointForward Member

WOW.. Crazy this got bumped today. My gf's friend was suckered into an ACN meeting yesterday and my gf went with her. Thankfully my gf knew this was BS right away but her friend is very dumb and got suckered into giving them her info. As soon as she told me about it I sent her a link to this thread and she laughed as soon as she read OP because it was almost verbatim.:rolleyes:

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, if you are going to be a scumbag, don't try to justify it.

7. Antec

Antec Member

You are the second or third person who has said that lol. Glad people who go to the meetings can relate to my story lol.

8. Antec

Antec Member

I browsed over a few of "daggernick's" points and it seems to me he was admitting to a lot of the stuff that was talked about in this thread. And also seemed like he admitted to the whole recruiting and how just about everyone fails. So...I dont feel like writing paragraphs... =[

9. So Good

So Good Member

I was told the meeting was Tuesday night at 6:30...My student asked me about this around 4:30...Told him not to go. He was pretty mind-f'ed about the situation.

10. lean

lean Member

Damn it all makes sense now.

11. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

You can tell this is all a scam just by how they arrived on a helicopter and rap music playing in the background. I feel sorry for those people.

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it is funny that DiggerNick (I feel like it is not a coincidence that swapping the first letters of each of those names results in a racist remark) in the same post laments that people are too stupid and lazy to work hard at getting recruits and then later admits that he relies on people's stupidity and guillability to manipulate them into purchasing the services.

And then admits that if you aren't willing to join up under him, then he has no time for you because you aren't helping him make MONEY. Scumbag is too kind a word for people like this.

1 person likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The top two students in my class (co valedictorians) have fallen for the scheme and tried to recruit me (I said no).
    I think a quarter of my school (LITERALLY) got suckered into this.

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Cause high school kids are stupid.. hahah... amirite? High five ;)

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I will say my freshman year of college I worked briefly for Vector I think it was called, selling Cutco knives, it actually wasn't bad, at first i thought it was a scheme like this when I showed up to the presentation, mainly because they sold it to me as a job interview when really it was more of a seminar.

I made a decent amount of money but it interfered with school too much so I quit.

16. Antec

Antec Member

What school do you go to?

17. So Good

So Good Member

Well Cutco is a scheme too...just on a smaller scale.

18. skcppc28

skcppc28 New Member

Hello everyone this is my first post here. It seems the OP had genuine interest and justifiable doubts about ACN and I would like to share my personal experience with this company.

I joined ACN in March of 2011 and have experienced both the extreme highs and the lows of this business and the industry as a whole. The knee jerk reaction is always SCAM $499 SCAM $499 SCAM. I had the suspicion when I walked into that first meeting. I was thinking CULT, BRAINWASH, BS. But I decided to keep an open mind. Two years later I can offer you this honest assessment. I've made a little over 120k in ACN and I have been paraded around as one of their success stories.

I say this not to impress you but to impress upon you that it is possible to make money in ACN. However there are many many people who will misrepresent both the opportunity, the earning potential and the work required to have success.

The burnout rate is extremely high. The % of people who actually make money is quite small. However the percentages are in line with the average salesperson, small business, poker player, aspiring professional athletes, models, etc.

There are a lot of scumbags in this industry, there are a lot of scumbags in this world. Sadly they're everywhere. Odds are the average person forking over $499 will fail. But again the key word is opportunity. There are very few businesses or licenses you can acquire for $499 that will ever give you the opportunity to generate a full time income or even a substantial part time supplemental income.

The goal of any corporation is to generate profits even charities need to generate profits from fundraising to support their causes. Likewise anyone who gets a job or starts a business is most likely trying to make money.

To achieve financial independence through ACN or any other endeavor requires a relentless commitment, tireless work ethic and the ability to shrug off the endless insults and mockery of those who do not want to be taken out of their comfort zone. Ask any self made millionaire or billionaire what they had to endure to get there. More often than not you will hear the answers, ridicule, failure, and rejection.

There are people who join ACN for $499 pay thousands more to attend seminars, meetings and conventions and don't make any money. There are some who join and make millions everything in between. Everyone in ACN has access to the same products, same services, the same comp plan and the same price. The only variable is the person. Granted I had the good fortune of landing on a team with tremendously supportive mentors while many people are recruited by friends and family who were recruited by friends and family and nobody in the chain knows what's going on. But for the determined person who is willing to make the commitment of time and effort there is plenty of support.

Ultimately my suggestion is that the average person should not join ACN or any other network marketing company until they have a clear understanding of what their personal goal is. Do you just want to make a few extra bucks? If so then get a part time job somewhere. Do you want to learn how to build a business? Buy a kindle and start downloading.

Do you want to commit to a multi-year plan where you will be ostracized by a large % of the population, mocked by your friends and family and face constant rejection from customers and prospects day in and day out with the knowledge that eventually you will earn a laughably small check that will grow into more money in a month that you would have made in a year?

Not everyone wants to be rich, not everyone who joins an MLM will become rich and anyone who promises you easy wealth is lying to you. Getting rich is simple but never easy. But it has been done and is being done every single day.

That was pretty long winded, but these are the facts. Now you can make an informed choice.

19. lean

lean Member

Guys be on the lookout for a company calling themselves "Liahona Management." Just attended a two hour seminar and this is indeed another pyramid scheme, selling/marketing/distributing fragrances. Just a heads up, they are apparently new to the Houston area so anyone looking for a job might come across them. I originally found them on monster. Having read through this thread and been to a similar Vector recruitment meeting in the past it was fairly easy for me to pick up on it. The hustle is slightly different, they weren't asking for money up front, but the general business model was the same as has been described in this thread.

20. lean

lean Member

Another name for this company is "Scentura"