1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ACN (All Communications Network) - MLM/Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Antec, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Most people try and sell then wind up quitting because it's hard to sell crap. Most people don't subscribe to monthly allotments of gum because they love MLM gum. The average seems skewed, should be much LOWER IMO. Possibly negative. Remove the top 3 percent of earners at Herbalife and I bet that numbers is negative.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

YES it was better and NO it was not cheaper, but it was not going to break the bank. Who says the law is to buy the cheapest of everything? Do you do that for clothes, cars and electronics? Do you live in the cheapest apartment or the smallest house? The cheapest is usually the worst, you know.

3. giddyup

There would be no way to know because Herbalife has no access to anyone's business expenses. All they know about is the checks they cut.

They "love" the gum PERIOD. Why do you need to try and taint it with your own label? You have this extreme idea that NOTHING good can come out of this industry and that's just not true. When I was active with the business, I sold a couple of cars: one to my brother and one to a friend. This was 1991 and one bought a Ford and one a Chrysler. They ordered the car they wanted and paid something like $75 over manufacturer's invoice. Now you can do this, I think, at places like Costco.

I bought a set of ceramic serving bowls from myself over 20 years ago. They are beautiful and they are still working intact. Contrast that with my former neighbor who mocked my business. She was a potter and had in-house sales twice a year or so. EVERYTHING we bought from her would crack within two years-- bowls and coffee mugs mostly. Oh yeah, her stuff was more expensive of course!

Yes, it is hard. That is why the rewards are so great for those who persevere and succeed. They deserve it. Everyone who participates does so voluntarily and they are free to quit and leave at any point.

#343 giddyup, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. giddyup

Sort of... :)

They had this Cherry Acerola sports beverage that they sold. They grew their own organic Acerola cherries down in Puerto Rico (I think) and made a powdered drink mix with them. It was delicious.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

so who was there?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_GM4t9Cl7-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here's another one I just came across: Vemma.

Got asked on Facebook by some guy I went to high school with if I wanted to own my own business.

One of their websites:

http://www.getpaidtodrink.com/

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I would like to know if there is been a study on the overlap between the people involved with megachurches and the people involved with MLM.

I'm curious to see stats. I could analyze FB "likes" but it's hardly scientific.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats about the cheesiest thing i have ever seen. those poor people.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Combining MLM and religion has always interested me. It'd be a monster business. I know many exist already but this would be on a grand stage. The cult like mentality already exists (no offense) and the backbone of religion is already accepted.

10. macalu

i got it from a friend's FB page. she's been spamming the hell out of OG. her latest was a pic of the "CEO's lamborgini."

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

My friend got suckered into this. How do I politely tell him he's a ****ing idiot before he recruits more and more people to get scammed?

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link him to this thread and provide no further comment.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

screw politeness, a real friend would punch you with such force it would either knock some sense into you, or knock the dumbass ponzi scheme out of you.

14. macalu

if you tell him politely, prepare to lose a friend. go out in a blaze of glory. tell him to stop being a freakin' dumbass.

or just tell him you're not interested. if he doesn't drop it, then tell him to **** off.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Just found this thread...

1. The Lincoln quote on that guy's Facebook page is a false one:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lincoln/prosperity.asp

2. There seems to be this weird Libertarian vibe to a lot of these operations.

3. A guy I went to school with started one of these:
    [​IMG]

16. DiggerNick

DiggerNick New Member

alright, time to cut all the bull ****, i'm going to give you a real down to earth response, with none of this pathetic propaganda that i tell people at the meetings i host. and why the hell are these stupid reps posting their emails? no-one here gives a **** about MLM.

i'm curious, who was doing the presentation? Michael An?

yes, we're expecting to "trick" thousands of thousands of people. and no, it's definitely not "gone" by now. growing faster and faster each day, fortunitely for us, and unfortunitely for you, right?
    [​IMG]

yes, let me make 'sense' of these documents to help you understand whether it is a pyramid scheme or not. it isn't. a pyramid scheme is based on making money by directly recruiting others. getting paid to recruit. ACN is smart, they bypass this legal requirement by getting the new recruit to get 3 services (thus making it a legit business - based on acquisition of customers)

and again, ACN is smart, in the last doucment you posted (the 301.pdf) which is the comp plan, they clearly state that "compensation is only earned by acquisition of customers" - this keeps the government off our ass - having it stated clearly in the comp plan.

well yes, we have to "brainwash" new recruits into having this mindset so they will actually do the work that is required, else they would be too lazy to even do it.

lol, listen here, "you heard" they give you a benz - they don't. there is no "benz" level. they don't give you any vehicles, so he couldn't have "received a benz and then had it taken back" - sorry. also, next time try to use a credible source. if they did compensate you with a benz, it would be on the compensation plan, and the would be promoting the hell out of it during the events.

so you tell me, why do you personally think only only a small percentage of people make it to the top? i'll give you the answer, it's because of two reasons. people like you guys and family and friends telling new recruits to "stop doing it" or "it doesn't work" and it demotivates the new recruit to work, and it pushes them to quit. the 2nd reason is because the general population is lazy, and they don't understand the amount of work that is required to have a successful organization in an MLM company. it requires a LOT of work. a LOT more than you think. yes, we tell people "it only requires 2-5 hours a week when you first start off", but to tell you the truth, that is false. sure you can make an income off of 2-5 hours a week, but in order to take ACN or any MLM company seriously, you have to give it your all. 50-60 hours a week. thats the difference from someone making 0-500 each month and someone making 10-12k each month. does that make sense?

please don't make ignorant comments like this.

none of the "residual income" comes from the IBO sign-up fee. zero. i can't believe people are so ill-informed. and everyone reading this thread is simply eating it up. yes, the residual income is **** when you first start off. i mean, utter ****. and the bonuses (not the residual income) comes from signing people up. and this will be the case until you hit the RVP position. Sadly, that's the name of the game. you're going to be signing people up and signing people up, and they money you will recieve in the bonuses is going to be from signing poeple up and getting them qualified (getting them to get their first 3 services)

up until you hit the position of RVP, that's when your residual income is actually worth something. so yes, most of the money is made through recruiting. and there's nothing wrong with that. that's how hte business model works. and everyone is able to make the money off of the bonuses, it's just people aren't wiling to put in the work to make this happen.

you make 10% if you get 50 points, not 50 customers. a "home phone" is worth 4 points, meaning sell 13 home phones in your whole acn career, and you'll have your 50 points, does that make sense? just get it done. think of it as a chore. do whatever it takes to make it happen.

and carefully look at the compensation plan for getting paid on peoples bills who are under you, it goes from .25% to 8%. and understand as the team grows, it will expand horizontally as well. so you'll be getting .25% from 2-3-4 people or so, and in their hypothetical example, will be getting 8% off of 128 business owners customers. so we can take it both ways, you put a low-ball number saying .25 on a 100 bill. imagine if you built your team, and made 8% off of 128 people's custoemrs bills (let's be conservative and say they didn't get "10 services each", those 128 people got only 3. so
    128 business owners * (3 services * 100 dollar bill) * 0.08 =
    128 * (3 * 100) * 0.08 = 3000

and that is coming just from people specifically in your level 7. will people quit before they reach this point? hell yes. most people quit before they even reach 5 reps in their "downline"

come at me bro.

also, yes these endorsements are for a reason, so much bad publicity is on mlm's in general, that the only thing that can counteract the negativity is through endorsements. we know MLM works, you know MLM works, everyone knows that this concept works. but everyone also knows that a small percenage of people "succeed". and why is that? because people aren't prepared for what they got themselves into. this goes back into the 'employee mindset'. employee type people aren't used to running a business so they completely fail. this is sad and funny to me at the same time. and then these same failures go on the internet and bash lol. the only downside of ACN is that it's only $500 to start. i wish it was $5,000 for 2 reasons:

1. it would make people more serious about what tehy just invested into, and they would put in the effort needed

2. it would eliminate all the bull**** people who are lazy from joining the business and we wouldn't have to baby-sit as much as we do now.

yes, the reason we suggest/force people to get the business assistant and the home-phone is because we need everyone to get qualified to recieve the bonus. remember, no compensation is earned if customers aren't required. and the reality is, no-one wants to be bothered to get customers. no-one wants to go out and talk to people and go thorugh the hassle to get customers. the upline doesn't want to go through the effort and neither does the new rep. so that's why (sadly) we get the new rep to get himself as his own customer. personally, i give the new rep 4 days to get customers outside of himself. and yes, i do support the new rep and yes, i am one of the small amount of individuals who does know everything about the services. and yes, i do help the rep get the customers. but it always comes back to the new rep being either lazy, or not committed to even ask anyone, and that's when i hit-em with the services he should buy. that will get the individual qualified and get everyone above him a bonus. it's a sad reality, but that's how the business is run. most people are too introvertic to be able to run a business like this. btw, the founders realized that everyone is qualifying people this way. (having them get their own services) and now changed the compensation plan to have at least ONE of the THREE services outside of the representatives household. (aka acquire a real customer) - this is an example of how they are able to "change" the compensation plan. they want to keep it as fair and as legal as possible.

ACN is anything but a 'get rich quick'. every time i present, i always make sure i specifiy this CLEARLY to the new person. i hammer this into their brains. and the answer to your 2nd paragraph: you just have to be good at talking to people and sadly, manipulating people.

yepp, have to pay to become your own CEO. tell me one CEO who didn't have capital investment. you're just fine working at your job. it seems like your niche is working as an employee, which is perfectly fine.

exactly, if you aren't with us, you aren't worth our time. we're here to make money and build a business - not to drink tea and crumpets. either ride with us, or get out of the way.

settle down cowboy, you need to check your ego with your bank account. "you'd be an idiot to join one" okay, thousands and thousands of idiots who are millionaires in MLM's are idiots. i'd rather be an idiot and continue to say "i IS a millionaire" than be broke and be "Right".

and those are the exact idiots that don't make any money and give MLM a bad name. there is a very LARGE learning curve in MLM, sadly, most people are stupid to take the time to learn it.

Yep, Marc Isaac. but he was an idiot to join, right ziggy?

because it's legal (selling a service/product makes it legal)

you can thank Amway for winning the court case to make MLM companies legal.

yes, look at the BBB report. A rating. what was it, 200-300 'complaints'? every company has complains, look up AT&T and how many complaints they had in the past 3 years.

22634 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7660 closed in last 12 months

you guys are simply ignorance on fire.

lol. stop being delusional. it's not just 100% profits. how old are you?

it costs money to rent out each arena, it's not free. they hire speakers to speak at the conventions, lights, marketing, a lot more stuff than you think goes into planning an international event. i host my own meetings in a hotel here in the city with hundreds and hundreds of people attending them. it costs me money out of my pocket to rent the hotel rooms per evening. you have to remember, these rooms are rented out and the arenas are rented out PRIOR to the people paying for them, so we have to make a judgement on how many people will show up and how much it would cost per person to break even. you still have a lot of learning to do. read some business books, it would help you out. I do the same thing too, i get my reps to promote the hell out of my events, i don't want to go negative, and neither would any sane person. it's a BUSINESS - not a CHARITY.

seriously, this guy is literally in rage mode, behind his computer smashing his keyboard because his emotions are at peak level. it's just sad. the rep who invited him to join really hit a soft spot. don't let it bother you that much.

never once sent an email for ACN, don't do cold marketing. to become successful in MLM, you have to learn to create relationships with your downlines before you consider them as a "business partner". it's easier for people to quit on a business partner than it is to quit on a 'friend'. that's how you REALLY work MLM's. look at all the top MLM's, they don't do cold market, it's only tap-rooting, tap-rooting, tap-rooting. it's simple.

lol. you get 10% on personal bills. 5% of energy bills. and the reason he isn't cold-calling for customers, is because it's against the ACN rules. You can cold-market for potential recruits, but can't cold market for customers/services. please learn the compensation plan before you spew your false information

agreed. his post-count is enlarging his e-penis, i believe.

LOL. you've been to "a meeting" and know so much about ACN. seriously, tell me, how long were you IN acn before you quit?

okay, so that was just simply responses to your false ignorant comments, now here is my post:

MLM is a niche business. it works. it has the potential to work for everyone. sure, you can get "suckered in", i do it all the time. but every person has the potential to make 10's of thousands of dollars like us every month. there is a whole deeper level about ACN and network marketing in general. the product's dont mean ****. the products in any MLM are irrelevant. it's just which product is the easiest to pitch. and bills are very easy to pitch. the 2nd benefit is, people pay for this **** anyways, and they will continue to pay for them whether you join ACN or not.

now, for the "new person", we, as leaders, try to get as many people exposed to the new person as possible. this is why you say "omg all they do is recruit. we try to get as many exposures as possible for 2 reasons:

1. this is where the majority of hte moeny comes from, for the new person when they start. you want the new person to see a check as soon as possible, so they believe the system. so for this reason, we expose 15 people a week, for the new person. we do this RIGHT when someone starts up.

2. because incase the person quits, he would have brought us to a new leader that has his own circle of friends. people quit in the beginning because people (family/friends) tell them to quit.

the compenstation plan is quite simply. it's laid out VERY clearly. hit the position of ETT, and once that is complete,

if 2 people join (and get 3 services to become qualified), you get $100 check
    4 people - $500
    6 - 1000
    9 - 1500
    12 - 2500
    15 - 3000

it's simple. this is why we work fast. and this is why we don't waste time on gathering "real customers" and we simply do the quick way to beecome qualified. the whole goal is to get your downlines as many checks as possible. and people aren't prepared to do the amount of work required to make 3,000. they don't realize, as they have 500-800 downlines, it becomes much easier, they don't see the vision.

now, let's talk about the $500. here is what the $500 REALLY goes towards. all bull**** aside.

the a very TINY portion goes to host/maintain the website, another portion goes towards the people working at the main office to pay their hourly wages, etc.

but the MAJORITY of the $499 goes towards the bonuses for the uplines. here is how it works.

if someone joins ACN, and gets qualified within the first 30 days, that 499 that they spent gets split between the SVP, RVP, RD, TC, ETL, ETT. now if the person DOESN'T get qualified, then the money that was ORIGINALLY going to be split, goes straight to the company, and NOT to the reps. this is why qualifiying a new rep is 2nd nature. has to be done.

now let's see what would happen if there was no $499 start-up fee. let's say it was free. if it was free, sure, everyone would join, BUT, nobody would do work. why? because they won't wait long enough to see the results.

if it takes 4 months for someone to make a 700/month residual income, they are going to think "wtf is this ****?" and not continue to build until their residual hits 6k, or 10k/month...

it's because people have such a horrible mind-set. that they need to see results instantly, for instant gratification to believe that it works, that's why bonuses are in place. so the new rep can see good income when they first start off.

and listen, it's not my intention to get my new rep to fail. that is counter-productive. i'm spending my valuable time for the new rep, doing the presentation, helping him get customers. why would i want him to fail? i don't. i want him to have 1000's of downlines. so that's why we are pushing everyone to get people for themselves, so tehy can see results and to continue to build the organization.

from what i can see, you guys are against MLM with a passion, and that's fine. i'm on the other side of the fence. the only thing that can happen is, me respecting your decision, and you respecting mine. otherwise, it's simply gonna be a massive flame-war for no reason.

one last thing, in ACN, real compensation doesn't start until you hit TC. once you hit TC, that's when the real money starts. thats where people can actually make a living off of. most poeple quit at QTT or ETT. for those 'lurkers' that are reading this post from a 'google search' (kinda like how i stumbled upon this thread - by searching acn houston bom), then challenge yourself to hit at least TC, because in reality, you probably wont see a lot of income until you hit that position

today is the 14th. and as a TC, so far recruited 42 new reps this month, and qualified 33. that's $8,000 in bonuses already (half-way done with the month). and also, when you hit TC, you get another $50 per person that you "qualify" so 33 * 50 = $1650 more. so in 14 days, so far made $9650. and yes, i do work my ass off. i run this business 24/7. i answer calls at 2am, and 3am. i'm out doing meetings all day and all night for my team. is it worth it? hell yes, i love what i do. i get funny reactions from broke people, i get to hang out with my team, and people i know. i create new friendships every single day, meet new people every single day. but understand, i didn't start like this, in fact, i had a ****ty start. but i kept pushing, kept pushing. a lot of people will NOT have the willpower to stick with it. and eventually fade off. that's just how it is, and that's the sad reality of it. i hope this gives you a picture of what MLM looks like on the inside. take it for what you want. it is what it is.

17. So Good

So Good Member

Bump.

I just received a Facebook message from a high school student I teach at my church. He asked me if I knew so and so. I told him yes, I knew this person and I showed him this thread.

He freaked out because the first paragraph of the OP's comments were almost word for word. Can't believe this crap hasn't fallen yet.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dayummmmmmm. Diggernick went hammy on here.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Props to whoever read that. Lemme no.

20. YaosDirtyStache

DiggerNick is way too invested.

Digger Nick, ACN should be renamed "Suckered Filipino People"

All to line the pockets of Michael An and the 3 other queens he hangs with.

Avoid ACN. At least Organo has decent (at best) coffee you can drink. Or Amway has (unquestionable) good products to use on yourself.

ACN is nothing but the LUCKY PIERRE (look it up) of corporate america. Letting you pimp already pimped products all under the guise of "friendship" and "favors"

Also, the only people that go to these events are gullible asians or broke as hell hispanics.

So if youre one of those...go for it.