1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About treeman's service... (with pics)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by treeman, Jun 10, 2014.

1. treeman

treeman Member

Also, google "McGregor Range Complex", it's part of Ft Bliss where the Guard and Reserve units go to train up. You will see that exact building in many pics of it.

I didn't see it in the background of your paintball pic...

2. treeman

treeman Member

If I could do it over again I'd have gone Air Force. You guys got the best food, the best housing, your CoC treated you like human beings... Eh, no regrets. I met my wife in Colorado on my first Title 10 activation. I got a lot out of it.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Don't sweat it, patriot. He's probably not even a real cheetah. And even if he is, still he's probably more like a prince or a duke, not a king.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Since everyone is giving stories of where they were stationed in Afghanistan or Iraq, I'll do mine if anyone is interested. HBO did a documentary of our AO, Marjah, Afghanistan. More specifically they covered our sister battalion, 1st battalion 6th Marines(I was in 2nd battalion 6th Marines). I have much respect for Cpt. Sparks who was the company commander for bravo company which is the primary company that is covered in the documentary. The reason why I respect him so much is because of what he tried to prevent our own company commander from doing. Our company specifically replaced bravo company. He was still at our fob advising our own company commander. Well apparently he was in a heated argument with our co about whether it's a smart idea to execute the ambush patrol that our squad was assigned with. He warned our co that we should not go out on the ambush patrol that our co so adamantly wanted us to go on, more specifically he did not want us to go on the particular route that was planned by our co. Unfortunately our co was unwilling to heed the advice of a fellow captain who has much more experience of the AO. His warnings did come true and we were the ones that were ambushed.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b9Pq5JZ2Fd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don't you mean 'Macgruber Range Complex'?

6. Nook

Nook Member

Right.. Well you are not "pretty conservative" you are a fascist... Can you accept that?

7. treeman

treeman Member

LOL, you don't even know what a fascist is. You guys are FAR closer to fascism than I am. If anything I'm nearly a libertarian - about as far as you can get from being a fascist.

But I accept that you believe that I am a fascist. We are all welcome to our beliefs, no matter how absurd they are.

Commie. :p

8. treeman

treeman Member

OK. I have to admit that this made me laugh.

9. fchowd0311

I think he was equating you calling him a Marxist to him calling you a fascist, both equally ridiculous and over the top. In other words, he thinks you are NOT a fascist.

10. treeman

treeman Member

I will watch this when I get some time.

I have a lot of respect for Marines. You guys are crazy in a good way - balls of steel crazy. I never even considered joining the USMC because I already knew I didn't have what it takes. (I was also too old, but that's neither here nor there...)

Your CO sounds a lot like our CO. Seems to be a pattern. Actually, the whole time I was in I only had one CO I actually respected and thought was truly squared away. A bad CO can do a lot of damage to a unit. Good ones win wars and bring their people home doing it.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, he probably does think I'm a fascist. Whatevs. :)

12. fchowd0311

Nah... If anything you would be leaning closer to the anarchist side.

13. treeman

treeman Member

Closer. I guess.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Expecting the about treeman's mental health thread any time now.

15. fchowd0311

I used to be a closed minded dick head and thought that any one that didn't hold a direct combat occupation wasn't deserving of respect. There are plenty of young hot headed infantry Marines who felt the same. But as I matured, I realized that especially service members like you who are leaving behind a wife and a child deserve more respect and are sacrificing a lot more than what I did. Trust me. I have respect for you as an individual. You seem like a good family man and you did sacrifice precious time with them for this country. For that I tip my hat off to you. And differences in political ideology does not get in the way for me to have respect for another.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The question is treeman...Do YOU want to be still in Iraq, fighting in a country that doesn't want you there? And the only reasons the US was there in the first place was to avenge an attempt on Pappy Bush's life and to protect the Oil interest of Bush's buddies?

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

BS you 'LOL' earlier in the thread (with a big grin smiley) -- I've made you laugh twice in this thread -- DEAL WITH IT.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had dinner with someone who was in the same unit as Bergdahl tonight. He said that there is no doubt that Bergdahl deserted, but supports the swap anyway.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't read it at all but I keep seeing this thread title in passing, and thinking it is a review thread for someone to do my lawn work.

1 person likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Already made that joke. Got no credit for it. So I fully support your post.