1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About to drive out to my bio Dad's house and literally kick his front door in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Disciple of RP, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Try ringing the door bell first

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Only read the OP but if you do it, make sure to record it and put it on World Star.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This must be one of the dumbest ever thoughts. Come on dude. Don't be an idiot. Think about the consequences.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. codell

codell Contributing Member

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If you go to jail for doing something stupid you'll be hanging your wife and kid out to dry and be no better then your own father.

Think about it. Talk to the man or just cut him out of your life completely. Doesn't sound worth the trouble over what you could lose.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have had minimal Very minimal contact with my dad since i was 4-5 years old. he was immature and very young when he had me. about 5 years ago after seeing me and my 2 year old son at christmas his current girlfriend called me one night while i was at work on fathers day and asked if i could please call him that he had been depressed lately. i hung up and laughed, i couldnt believe it.

otherwise i have nothing against the guy. he is just a person to me. the 5 times or so i have seen him in the last 15 years is usually a little awkward. i dont see him as a father, just as a person. i dont wish him any ill will.

my son is 5 1/2 years old now. fairly soon he will be asking me about family and where is my dad im not sure how i will explain it but it's not a big deal to me. in a way my son is like a father to me. he enables me to have some of those experiences that i missed though him.

i wish you the best. if you can let your anger fade away and enjoy the very best you can in what you have. im sure there is a lot to be positive about.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

how about you do the sensible thing and confront him without violence and risking your freedom?

this thread makes me even more grateful for my father.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You do sound like my disciple. Be careful son. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's nothing but a sperm donor, don't waste your time on him. A father is someone who is here for their kids, like you are.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You know, kicking in a door isn't that easy.

1 person likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Good thing OP didn't follow through. Worst-case scenario his dad has a gun and shoots and kills him or OP kills his dad.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it sounds like you wanted a motorcycle.

1 person likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you were 16, then I'd say go for it and bet on a justice system that forgiving to white minors.

But since you're likely twice the age and only has unresolved childhood issues, I'd play out a thought experiment. Call it "getting everything you want out of the encounter". You beat his drug addled face in...does that make your mom and siblings feel better? Would they still feel good if he dies and you left all your evidence behind for a 10-15 year sentence? Would your own family cheer you on knowing you beat the living **** out of your own father and potentially abandon them as consequence?

At least it feels good right?

I grew up hating my father for most of my childhood. What changed was that he got cancer and went through this prolonged face of getting worse with his body failing him every way possible. This is a fact of growing old and being forced to confront your mortality. Even if he's still adding addict, that is something he won't be able to avoid. Dying alone and dying like that is pretty ****ty. I imagine cancer sufferers go through what they choose to go through is because they have a family to live for.

A kind of family your dumbass hasn't considered realistically throwing away over a deadbeat stranger over something your mom might've moved on.

Talk to your mom about this. She was probably the biggest victim in that situation.

15. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

lol.. man you can't be serious.

16. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Sounds like didn't go through with it, which is a good thing.

Not sure posting about your intentions were wise either..hopefully heyp's post helped talk you off the ledge

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Came in here for the stupidity, stayed for the Heyp-pouhe flac. Love it. You guys should have a sitcom.

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I recommend ringing the door bell and leaving a flaming bag of poo instead.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Same here :grin:

By the way, Heyp- "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to heypartner again".
    Completely agree with your points in the side argument.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The irony :grin: