1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About Sergio Llull...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Apr 2, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Anchel

Thanks for the write-up. Off-topic: I liked Garbajosa's game (before his injury). What has become of him now that he is back in Europe? Do the Raps still have his rights? Is he considering return to the States?

Thanks...xiki...

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I sometimes wonder what it would be like, were the world to discover what a fraud I am and throw me in prison, to have to try to remember what a tree looks like. I kind of have that feeling about Llull.

When the warden tells me I'll be relased soon, I'll start worrying about Llull.

3. anchel

anchel Member

Not at all. He's aged, 34. Still a valuable player in Europe, but far from the elite player he once was.

He played as SF in the NBA, that's very funny now.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Again, thanks.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

does anybody know what kind of contract he has, how many years left?

6. anchel

anchel Member

De nada. ;)

7. anchel

anchel Member

Until 2014, with facilities to march to the NBA in the summer of 2012.

8. Roxs-Redemption

Who's better: Ish the Dish or Rocket's own Ricky Rubio?

9. anchel

anchel Member

Real Madrid won his Euroleague game yesterday against Partizan of Belgrade. Llull scored 21, alternating both guard positions.

10. anchel

anchel Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pzSNAaTE__I" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I look at this guys film and he reminds of JJ Reddick but the thing is it would take him experience to get to that level.

Where is the room for him on this squad. JJ Reddick couldn't beat out Courtney Lee and this guy Llull may some day be that good but he is definitely not now.

How will he get any minutes. We just signed a guy named Matt Janning to the vipers who may have a better NBA skillset than Llull and if he gets a spot on our roster it will be for the minimum.

Llull would never sign a minimum contract to come to the NBA. He has already said he doesn't want to come here to sit on the bench. And if he was on this squad right now that is exactly where he would be.

The days of finding diamonds overseas are gone. The rare oversea stars are drafted in the lottery. Even some crap role players go that high.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't think there's really a negative stigma attached to all international players' defense. It's more of a European thing. There have definitely been some good defenders that don't come from America but I think for most players it's difficult to adjust to guarding some of the athletes in the NBA. Sometimes they can't even keep up.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trade chip for one. I think a tad bit more athletic JJ Reddick would be a very accurate comparison, and agree that I dont see him fitting in with the current unit the Rockets have in place.

If I remember correctly, Sam Hinke said once in an interview on Rockets.com that he probably wouldn't be able to come over till the summer of 2012 due to his contract situation anyways.

I think he is still a positive asset to have in Morey's quiver if a trade goes down he could be a good piece to another team that was looking at prospects for the future or just to make the money work.

What Lull needs more than anything is for Rubio to hurry up and make the move overseas because it will allow Lull to have a larger role with the Spanish national team in the summer and grab him more attention in the international spotlight to increase his value.

14. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh snap hanging on the rim....these guys are learning...

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Llull is more a PG than an SG, and I think he is a better defender than Reddick. If he pans out, he might make Lowry expendable.

17. anchel

anchel Member

Llull plays tomorrow the final of the "Copa del Rey" (King's cup).

Real Madrid - Regal Barcelona. 11:00 A.M (CST). I'll try to post a link.

- @ the quarterfinals
    - @ the semifinals

18. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

19. anchel

anchel Member

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member