1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About game 7.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daledondale, May 15, 2015.

?

Which's the result of game 7?

1. Rockets close win

64.8%
  2. Rockets blowout win

40.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. daledondale

daledondale Member

What an amazing comeback yesterday. Howard eating the boards, Smith and Brewer playing like demons in the 4th, and with no Harden. Just WOW.

I thing we will destroy them in game 7. Mentally reforced, with our people cheering, i expect a blowout win, the clippers's faces at the end told me that.

What do you think about next game?, most important game of the year so far..we need adjustments?. Discuss.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I don't know about destroy...

Paul and Blake will get their points/ rebs/ assists/ etc. The key, as has been throughout the series, is preventing Rivers, Barnes, Reddick from playing above expectations.

Really wish this game was on Saturday as the Clippers lack of depth could start taking its toll on their starters.

3. daledondale

daledondale Member

Yes, but mentally i think we are in another level right now. Or at leats i hope so.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If we think the clips are going to come out and lay down, think again. If they had that capability they would have laid down in game 6 or 7 vs the spurs. They didn't. Game 7 is by no means an automatic win. BUT, we do have momentum and it is in our house.

5. Centerville

Centerville Member

The Rockets could get blown out. They'll have to fight, claw and battle for a close win, beating the Clips down over four full quarters and stepping on their throats at the end.

At least, I hope that's how the Rockets see it.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm too afraid to make a prediction. I do think the Rockets will win, although I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Clippers pull it out. Remember, they won a Game 7 on the road a few years ago. They won Game 6 in the previous series on the road after a devastating Game 5 loss(DeAndre's offensive interference negated the game-winner). And most importantly of all, 3-1 comebacks are tough to complete even when Game 7 is at home(1995 Knicks, 2006 Spurs).

Is it asking the basketball gods too much to not only deliver a Game 7 win for the Rockets for a Grizzlies comeback in the other series? Imagine getting homecourt all the way through the Finals.

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Hopefully, the beginning of a new era...

8. Zbed

Zbed Member

Can't wait to see the Toyota Center packed to the rafters on Sunday

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This. Game 7 is going to be a slobberknocker.

[​IMG]

10. daledondale

daledondale Member

Of course, in basketball anything can happen. But i think right now, our chances are 80/20 in favor.

11. daledondale

daledondale Member

Of course, the afraid of loss is big because it will be so painful. I don't know, maybe i'm being a homer. But honestly, yesterday, i feel that something change in our favor..because it wasn't only a big win. It was on the road, coming from 20 points down, and let be honest, anybody here thought that we were death after Griffin's 360. DEATH.

I felt like a resurrection, we're back. Stronger. Or at least i hope so.

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

There will be a Game 7 in Houston on Sunday where in the history of Game 7s, the home team wins at least 90 percent of the time.

Clippers open as 2pts favorite

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

For real? They're 2 point favorites? That's surprising.

14. daledondale

daledondale Member

Sorry about my bad english ;)

15. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

dude.. It isn't 100% guaranteed the Rockets win... need more options on this jinx thread

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure a lot of people are thinking Clippers can get the job done here on Sunday. Clippers won't lay down so hoping the Rox are not content with just getting this to game 7 and leave it all out there on the court Sunday.

17. daledondale

daledondale Member

There isn't never a 100%, but i'm very confident. We must play strong and with energy since the first second.

18. justtxyank

Home teams actually win 80% of the time in game 7. Teams that are up 3-1 win 90+% of the time.

On top of that, odds are based on where the money will be made, not on who will actually win.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/story.cfm/story/855408

19. justtxyank

Double negative!

[​IMG]

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I can't predict the result, but we can't go toe to toe on offense. Grind it out on defense and rebound the ball. Avoid silly fouls. Attack the basket, James and Ariza. Only take open 3's.

Don't change the starting line ups. Make quick substitutions when we need to.

Please have a long meeting with Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon before the game. Don't give up. Fight to the very end.

Go Houston Rockets!