1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABORTION

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Feb 12, 2014.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

great post. i could not have said it any better than that.

everything should be used to combat unwanted pregnancy. communicate abstinence, condoms, morning after pill, further advancement in other technology, anything and everything that can stop it in the first place.

otherwise keep fighting the good fight, on a message board...

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

It's right, and the only thing that is right, for her baby.

3. giddyup

Actionable? Why? People should be responsible for their own choices and the precious life they create.

That a life should be protected in utero is utterly logical because it is always a human in there waiting to come out. Give me one instance when it was not...

You are so married to the wacky notion that easier access to abortion actually reduces the number of abortions. Want to explain how that should work? There are other explanations. Even you admit it's not causal just correlated.

#483 giddyup, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think that's a factual statement. It is a belief. But the debate is more than philosophical.

There are debate on effective means to reduce abortion and it's impact. The prolife has lost this debate thoroughly and I think that's why their only argument left is murder of a baby. (And once they solely go down that single path, unless it's bobby the great unmoral, I think it doesn't matter anymore what is effective, what works and the consequences to the women, family and society.)

5. giddyup

The only thing that really reduces the rate of abortion is to choose to value an innocent human life. There's your pro-choice position!

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

While you continue to work that circle, we will keep looking at way to improve lives and reduce abortion rate. You're welcome.

7. giddyup

Are you kidding us? How do you improve a life any more than saving it?! How do you see me not wanting or working to reduce abortion rates? Sex ed? Fine. Birth control? Fine. Yes, we disagree about Abortion but it's just wrong for you to pigeonhole us into some dark extremist Catholic corner because that suits your prejudice.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't see you not wanting to reduce abortion rate. I know you want to.

Your belief pigeonhole you. This is what you said:

You see, it's the only thing. But that statement is completely false for the simple fact that a very large % of the population do not see abortion as taking an innocent human life. It's that belief of your that corner your stance on what is the only way to reduce abortion.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

eventually homosexuality will be identifiable before birth, and the left will be in a real ethical quandry when parents elect to snuff those babies out for that reason

10. Nook

Nook Member

Republicans have issues with homosexuals... So sounds like they will have the real quandary.....

11. Commodore

murdering them isn't one of them

12. Nook

Nook Member

You don't think Republicans have abortions?

The last Republican President paid for a woman's abortion.

Abortions are off limits, until they are not for Republicans (and many others).

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. Commodore

I'm sure they do. I was referring to anyone who opposes the killing of unborn children.

link?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, what are your thoughts on this actual scenario that I am personally aware of:

- 20 year old unmarried girl gets pregnant.
    - decides to go through with the pregnancy.
    - around week 20, she learns from her doctor that the baby may have Downs Syndrome.
    - she then decides to have an abortion.

I think it is reprehensible.

EDIT - The girl has plenty of financial and family support.

#495 bobrek, Feb 25, 2016
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is an interesting take from you. I wrongly thought you believe that homosexuality is a choice and not something you are born with. I'm continue to be surprised.

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

yeah and people should sing in harmony, eat less meat to starve less people, stop causing global warming, start giving a s**t about the billions of global poor. You saying that won't make it happen though.

The reason why I say it isn't causal is because aggregated statistics never are, and unless you want to participate in my controlled abortion experiment...

There are TONS of policy initiatives that demonstrate better effect at reducing abortions than sadistically imprisoning women or medical providers. How do I know this? Because the countries that regress to that level inevitably have higher abortion rates, and countries that have chosen sane policies have lower ones.

Instead of proposing sadism for no reason, why don't you pro-life types do something positive for life. Support medical researchers who have shrunk the infant mortality rate. Petition for welfare initiatives for single mothers.

You cannot, for the life of me, be "pro-life" and shame motherhood at the same time but America somehow manages it.

#497 Northside Storm, Feb 25, 2016
  18. Northside Storm

eventually, tests will be able to predict for vapid thinking, wild extrapolation, complete ignorance of science and strawman making, and the left won't have to debate with Commodore types. :rolleyes:

19. Northside Storm

You stated you have a problem with Plan B, straight out in the last thread, are you backing away from that position?

20. Northside Storm

dude use google lol.