1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABL: (Anyone but Lin) Excellent article on why we must trade Lin STAT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Regrettably, I do not write for B/R (yet!), but indeed, it would be such an honor and a privilege to be able to provide insightful analysis and prose to the appreciative masses over there. ;)

2. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

we've beaten the points to death. i dunno if you are the guy who actually wrote the article (im starting to think you are), but it's far from an excellent article that's exceedingly eye opening. it just repeats the same stuff over and over again that we've talked about in every other lin thread. it doesn't provide any new insight or statistics. plus it's wrong.

just because beverley's more aggressive man d might have been more useful in some games doesn't mean lin is a bad defender. in fact, he was a pretty good team defender for us. if anyone was a huge liability defensively, it was harden. im not comparing the two because harden is obviously way better and can get away with more, but that logic in that article is awful to somehow point to lin somehow being a poor defender when he isn't.

everybody and their mother knew lin was inconsistent last season, but only ppl who go out of their way to diminish him won't acknowledge he tremendously improved over the course of the season. his three point shot the 2nd half of the season (meaning last 40 games) was at roughly 37-38%. and post all-star break, he was doing 15/6 next to harden, and 17/7 per36. that's very good production next to a ball dominant shooting guard. he did it efficiently at a 56% ts too. we were the youngest team in the nba, had a mid season trade, didn't have a proper training camp because we acquired harden right before the season started..and as a result started the season slow at like 8-11. this isn't even mentioning that lin had surgery in the last off-season and was still recovering from that. and lol horrible foot speed?

i mean, jesus christ. he had a horrible showing in the playoffs because he was injured. but ppl are so quick to somehow paint the picture of that's how lin played the entire season. he was important to our team last season, and showed tremendous growth and improvement with harden in the backcourt as the season progressed. saying "anyone but lin" is just ignorant and blatant hate. and quoting bleacher report is just stupid. you might as well quote another posters post here...and start a thread on it. and we've seen lin has a work ethic and has overcome odds to improve himself. i say give it some more time WHEN OUR BACKCOURT WASN'T OUR PROBLEM LAST SEASON.

as i've said many times. our problem was a lack of a true backup 5 for asik defensively. a carousel pf rotation, and our turnover issues enhanced by our lack of transition defense. plus we're a team that relies on the three, which can have hot and cold days.

1 person likes this.
  3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

When you are quoting a bleacher report article, at least let us know in the thread title so we can avoid it.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't stand the no stats to back it up argument here. What is the point?

5. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Here is the point:

Lin, 2013 Playoffs:

PPG
    RPG
    APG
    EFF
    + 2.25

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lol I love this guy. Makes the Lin haters look not so bright.

1 person likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Injured for most of it, so.... jury is hung like John Holmes. It's flat out confusing how someone could be like that.

8. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i think you'd fit very well in the bleacher report community. go for it.

and lol, guys like this will just post the playoff stats for an injured player and forget about the entire 2nd half of the season. they'll ignore any argument about off season recovery, training camp, or growth during the season, or the fact our backcourt wasn't a weakness last season. it's all bout what you did for me yesterday completely disregarding context or supporting details to fit an agenda.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Surprised there hasn't been a crying baby gif from Roxlove yet, his restraint is admirable.

10. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

11. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I actually read this pathetic excuse of a post. Wanna know the contents? He states "defensive liability" as a key reasoning for why we should replace Lin. His first "option" as a replacement? Monte Ellis. Yep. With the possible exception of Jarett Jack and Jose Calderon, he lists Kyrie Irving and John Wall as potential options to replace Lin.

He also has his mom come on to defend his crap.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

BWAAAHAHAHA!

Roxlove

+

Bleacher Report

Bleacher Report should really be banned. They are a bunch of kids trolling fan sites for stories. Obviously someone from the ABJ crowd writes for them.

Roxlove, I admire how you've kept your hate for Lin so strong for months and months. Looking forward to the next story you dig up and the next thread you start on Lin, honesty its gotten so rediculoys for me, I can't help but laugh when I see it :)

Cheers for laughs!

13. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

So far I am seeing no counterarguments here which prove that Lin is NOT a liability to the Rockets.

All I see are some random Ad Hominem attacks as usual and some unrelated video which proves absolutely nothing.

14. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Glad that there is at least some mirth and merriment to be found! Having laughter in life is of the essence.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

You are not seeing any counter arguments because

1) you are blind to them
    2) no one could be bothered reading the article because it's Bleacher Report
    3) we've gone over this ground to the point of annoyance
    4) no one could be bothered responding to ****

The hate is strong in you. That's more fascinating. What drives you to constantly post Lin hate threads? Did he kill your dog? Steal your boyfriend? What is it?

16. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

You want objectivity? I'll humor you and give you objectivity. You use this article as an "excellent" example of why Lin needs to be replaced. In my previous post, after dreadfully reading it, the original writer makes the point of Lin being a "defensive liability." Funny thing is, Daryl Morey, our GM makes a standing point that Lin was 10th overall in steals, 7th for PGs. He was also 8th among PGs block. We can argue about how steals don't define defense but blocks do.

He brings up Monte Ellis as a capable replacement. Sure he can score but his defense is non existent. He needs the ball in his hands, that's why when Golden State had to choose between Ellis and Curry, they went with Curry. How do you think he's going to fare if he's going to have to bump heads with Harden to get his numbers? As I said previously, with the possible exception of Jarett Jack and Jose Calderon as capable replacements with their salary and production, he chooses Kyrie Irving and John Wall. Two former #1 Picks who are their teams franchise. Do you really think, even by some miracle, that we obtain them, that they're willing to defer to Harden as the de facto leader?

This is why no one takes you or the article seriously.

1 person likes this.
  17. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Au contraire, but I do not hate Jeremy Lin!

I am merely let down by his most mediocre tenure so far as our starting point guard.

( Perhaps you might have missed missed the Jeremy Lin CELEBRATION THREAD ( http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=239911 ) which I created strictly in praise of the seriously admirable character that Jeremy Lin definitely is ...
    See now, I can dislike a certain player's sometimes-atrocious performance on the court, while still liking them as a praise-worthy human being. Cool concept, right? :cool: )

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

It's called trolling. Welcome to the internet haha. Some collect stamps, some kick a footy, some play games, some get laid, others screw around on the internet. :p

19. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

thank you! sometimes i feel like i watched a different season last year than some of the posters on here...if anything it was our strength

20. jvu

jvu Member

Bleacher report,meh.

Roxlove, eh.

This thread, bleh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.