1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Nov 26, 2009.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Brooks FG% this year 43% and scoring 16ppg.

Rafer Alston's best ever shooting year 41.5% and scored 7ppg.

Fact is Rafer is a career 38% shooter; Brooks career 41% - one is just getting started on their career and is a speedy scorer; the other is winding up their career as a steady half court defender.

Why did they send you to our BBS?

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If u gave chris paul batier and hayes as starters, peple would be saying he's figured out. Teams aren't dumb and they have figured out how to play the rockets just as they did when rafer,hayes, and shane was in the same lineup. They will trap brooks hard because he's their best offenisve player and most explosive. He's also the only guy that can blow by and get to the rack, shoot from distance and pass which is called triple threat. So teams can force the ball to shane and watch him dribble like a 3rd grader or force it to trevor and watch him dribble like a 12th grader or sink in the paint because chuck can't see from 6ft more less shoot it. I know I went overboard, but I think what people need to realize is that this is a 35-41 win basketball team unless tracy comes back or he's traded for someone with similar skills. We can talk about the princton till we're blue in the face and I love the effort the team plays with, but when talented teams recognize and match the rockets effort, its over for the rockets.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Yeah, that and he is also in a shooting slump. Open looks that arent going down for Brooks tell me that.

4. LScolaDominates

Unlike Rafer, Brooks doesn't seem to be able to control the tempo of the offense. His turnovers aren't simply a product of aggressiveness; you have to know when to be aggressive and when to pull back and set up your teammates. That central role of a PG was one in which Rafer excelled, and Lowry also does well.